Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
How to teach my pug pup (male) to pee pee & poo poo ?

KawChai
Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2002, 7:36 PM

Post #1 of 5 (837 views)
Shortcut
How to teach my pug pup (male) to pee pee & poo poo ? Can't Post

Hello all,

Just wonder how do I start teaching my pug "yoda" to pee & poo when I brought him back from the breeder. He is a male going to be 9 weeks old.
Currently, the breeder put him inside crate & he pee & poo inside the crate.

Where is the best way to pee & poo ?
He will have his own 2.5feet crate and a room by himself. He will also have access to him own bathroom...

Most importantly how to start training him?

fyi..Yoda will be at home ( inside his room / crate) during day time, then I will let him out when i come back..so, he will have the room & the bath room..

Thanks..

cdmoo
ALPHA

Oct 31, 2002, 7:43 PM

Post #2 of 5 (833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] How to teach my pug pup (male) to pee pee & poo poo ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi KawChai,

You should post this in the "Dog and Puppies Training" section.

Pls. go thru the section thoroughly as I recall there r many related threads pertaining to this.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

elizatye
K9 Senior

Nov 2, 2002, 8:59 AM

Post #3 of 5 (812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] How to teach my pug pup (male) to pee pee & poo poo ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, KawChai,
I own a 6 months old puppy and the time I brought him back, his is already 3 months old. The pet shop assistant had taught me how to teach the puppy pee pee abd poo poo. Newspaper. Yes, put the newspaper at the place where you want your puppy to pee pee and poo poo. You can try this way. But, it is useless for my puppy. He bit the paper into small pieces.... Crazy Now he still can go to the bathroom for pee pee and poo poo. How ? ..... Ah ha, I taught him by given him an instruction. At first, while he is going to pee pee and poo poo, I faster brought him inside the bathroom and said, 'O Shi, here' or 'O liu, here'. Then after a few times, I just point to the bathroom and give the instruction, 'O shi, inside' or 'O liu, inside', ha ha ha ... Cool Now he automatically will go inside the bathroom to pee pee and poo poo.

Hope this will help you.

KawChai
Enthusiast

Nov 3, 2002, 8:06 AM

Post #4 of 5 (805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] How to teach my pug pup (male) to pee pee & poo poo ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Eliz,

Hehe...good for your pup.

Yea, I did bring him to the newspaper but he don't seem to stay at the newspaper for long. He will walk around the newspaper area, then sit there a while...then walk again and 'piakkkkkkkkkk...he shee shee already in less than 3 secs...' UnsureNo time for me to take him back to the newspaper area....he is now 9 weeks.

I think maybe I will try the toilet matter...coz right now, yoda (my pup) have the whole room for himself...and I place newspaper in the room ( at the end of another corner, far from his crate) to train him. Anyhow..today is just the first day I brought him back ..very cute & quite good boy. But very playful too.. I teach him how to 'seat' and seems like he understand a little..Laugh

Btw, is your pup's litter (poo poo) smelly ? How do you clean it in toilet ? Will he step on the poo poo when you are not around ?

elizatye
K9 Senior

Nov 6, 2002, 5:49 PM

Post #5 of 5 (788 views)
Shortcut

By the time I train my puppy where to pee pee or poo poo, if he is not in the correct place, I will let him know. Not to shout too loud but will raise a bit my volumn, and showing my angry face Mad. He will know that I was angry and showing me his pity face too Unsure. Ha ha.

Usually I will know when he is going to pee pee or poo poo. The time he is going to pee pee, he will walking around here and there. The time he is going to poo poo, he will walking around here and there also with a faster speed.

Ya, my pup's poo poo is smelly, especially after I fed him with meats. How to clean? Nothing special. I will use the toilet paper to collect it and through it into the toilet bowl, then clean the floor with water. He seldom stepped on his poo poo, only while he was CRAZYYYYYYY. I used to let him slept in the crate. After he was poo poo, he will avoid the poo poo and slept in the other corner of the crate. Cool

Eliza

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my