Breeders

xbraincell
Novice

Nov 29, 2003, 1:41 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2664 views)
Shortcut
Breeders Can't Post

Frown
I was looking for a bull mastiff and went to several breeders within a 15 mile radius. Come to find out they are all related in one way or another and share dames and sires.
One of the breeders was horrible. The dogs were runts and some were deformed. The pens were not clean. The dogs were not healthy. He fed them the cheapest feed. None looked happy.
What can I do? He is providing shelter, food (if you can call it that) and supposedly giving them shots.
Help.

PSD
ALPHA

Nov 30, 2003, 5:13 AM

Post #2 of 6 (2656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xbraincell] Breeders [In reply to] Can't Post

xbraincell,

"What can you do?"................ welll I'd say stay away and dont buy. If there is any abuse incidence seen you can go one step ahead and report to SPCA. Otherwise the best you could do is to stay away.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

(This post was edited by PSD on Nov 30, 2003, 5:14 AM)

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Dec 2, 2003, 2:45 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xbraincell] Breeders [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately, I don't think the authorities have the right to intervene unless the dogs are in extremely bad condition. Since he has been providing food and shelter, there's not much you can complain about. You could try calling up the and asking for help. They might be able to direct your complains to the proper authority.

-= Tisha =-

PSD
ALPHA

Dec 2, 2003, 6:29 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Breeders [In reply to] Can't Post

You could try calling up the and asking for help

Tisha,

Well it all depends on who is the complainant and who is the complainee. Nothing is as it seamsTongue MKA in this case is just a dog registry body, cases like this is better to go direct to the humane society like SPCA which is more specific to handle such matters.Like I mentioned before, only if there is signs of abuse otherwise there nothing much you can do about it. This is one classical sign of a puppy miller at work.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2003, 7:49 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Breeders [In reply to] Can't Post

Doubt MKA will do much........
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Dec 4, 2003, 3:10 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD, RealityDreamer] Breeders [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, I suppose the SPCA might handle it best....

-= Tisha =-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my