2 dogs with 300sq m++

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 28, 2001, 4:21 PM

Post #1 of 29 (8320 views)
Shortcut
2 dogs with 300sq m++ Can't Post

The postings on 2 dogs/per household with open area of 300sq m++ is getting so congested that I myself is finding it rather difficult to go through all the contributions and not getting myself involved in an entanglement.
There is one particular topic which I thought might worth a discussion, but before going into this topic, please be informed, especially for Ms.Rainbow, that I am very calm, impartial and impassive to City-Hall's ruling. Come what may, when I cross the bridge, I'll think about it.
The topic I wish to highlight is puppies sold as pets are to be desexed, so as to keep the population of strays at bay. It is easily said than done, for the following reasons:
(1) All breeders including myself selling pedigree puppies will try to impress upon the buyer that my puppies are from quality bloodline, unless I have one or two that has major faults or disqualification characteristics, such as a patch-puppy or a blue-eyed puppy or one that are with undefined spots. The differences between a pedigree puppy and a non-pedigree puppy in terms of monetary gain is RM1300+ and only RM500+ respectively.
(2) Puppies are normally booked/sold when they are 3-4weeks old and taken away by the new owners between 8-10 weeks old. At this age, only the very experienced breeder who has been constantly monitoring the litter will have some knowledge on each and individual puppy, only about 55-60% accurate.(Am I correct Leopui?)
(3) No buyer is willing to pay RM1300+ for a pedigree puppy and the breeder tells him that he is buying a pet quality puppy only and recommend the new owner to have it desexed. I for one will certainly question the breeder to verify this statement, and what as a reputable breeder could I offer a valid explanation?
(4) The breeder has no right to impose a clause or condition in the sales contract that the new owner is under obligation to desex the puppy. Assuming that the new owner agreed, who is paying for the surgery at RM350 to spay a bitch and RM230 to neuter a dog?
(5) So far we are talking about individual ethical breeders, breeding puppies for the show ring and for a specific purpose such as guard dog services. What about kennel establishments/puppy mills and pet shops? Do you honestly think that they will care and take into consideration the problems of strays, unwanted breeding? They are only interested in your money. Once you have parted with your money, they cann't remember who you were let alone offering you advise and solutions.
(6) Sad it may be, but these are the facts of life. I alone cannot change the attitude of the so called pet owners. If I have it my way, I would...............1.2.3.4.--------100. It will be harsher 100th or perhaps 1000th times than what city-hall is proposing.
Regards.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 28, 2001, 6:37 PM

Post #2 of 29 (8311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] 2 dogs with 300sq m++ [In reply to] Can't Post

Metro Update: Meeting on dog ruling in January 28/12/2001

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 28, 2001, 7:56 PM

Post #3 of 29 (8308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] 2 dogs with 300sq m++ [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been telling you not to over re-act on this issue didn.t I? So wait lah and play hard and hope for a reprieve.
See you in Penang.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Dec 29, 2001, 12:31 AM

Post #4 of 29 (8299 views)
Shortcut

Derrick,

In respond to your new subject, I do agreed with you that not all dog breeder is sincere when come to improvement breeding. I for once done the same thing ... consider myself a commercial dog breeder based on the following point of view:

1) The dog that I have are pure-breed and I did spend great amount to purchase. Now that I can provide litter to those who can't afford to have a pedigree dog ... he can still have what he want.

2) Many average dog-lover doesn't really care to go further about the breed, as long as I can produce the dog that they want (it doesn't matter whether the dog is one inches to short on it tail ... 180 degree to slop on the back ...or future health problem... etc, etc) at almost half the pedigree price, they will still from me.

3) Since the average dog-lover doesn't go further about the breed, I can tell them what in my mind and to convince them to make the purchase from me.

There are still plenty more of reasons to "defense" the commercial breeder but this is not the time and the place to talk about this here.

Opportunity given, I learn the proper dog handling oversea and seeing what the leading and professional dog breeder taking care on their dog, I realized what I have done is foolish and I do regrets and ashamed for being an un-responsible commercial dog breeder here in Malaysia. I did not committed my contribution to breed improvement but only care about my own pocket while creating more un-healthy dog!!!

Toward Derrick's question no 2, I agreed what he said. Most experience breeder may have a set of evaluation system that they can classify the pup on it potential based on the pup's character and the test. But it is equal important for the new owner to commit themselves and would guide through the growth to assist the achievement. Breeder may provide almost 24 hours assistance toward their pup ... but at the end of the day, it still come back to the owner!!! (if you have follow my reply post about 2 dogs with 300sq m++ ..., you will know what I referring to).

Most of the experience breeder would stay with one or the most two different breed in their kennel. This would help them further to study the breed detail and to make sure what they produce, it should produce accordingly to it breed standard if not better or above.

Toward Derrick's question no 3. It is very true that the average dog-keeper would not willing to spend the original price tag for a pedigree dog with full registration. They always like to compare the price quote and doing a bargain.

What I'll do when I recommenced the dog for de-sex and sold under limited registration are:
1) Ask question and to find out what this new owner have it in mind in regard to purchase the pup from me,
2) Explain my point of view toward the different between full reg. and limited reg.
3) If the new owner insist not to listen, well ... I choose not to sell him my pup.

Toward Derrick's question no 4. Apart from the law concern, I will not give the registration to the new puppy owner until he have show me the certificate from the Vet stated that the particular have been de-sexed!!! I have the written on this issue in my Sales Contract and this should be done at new-owner expenses. In regard to the fee, I guess it is vary from place to place, beside the price on a limited registration pup is almost half of the full registration pup's price tag.

Toward Derrick's question no 5. I would advice those to read and make reference to my first paragraph statement.

LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Jan 10, 2002, 6:41 PM

Post #5 of 29 (8276 views)
Shortcut

Read today's news?? The new by-laws "would be put on hold pending a final decision by Datuk Bandar Kol Datuk Mohamad Shaid Mohd Taufek. "

Read on for full report -- City Hall to make final decision on dog regulations. 10/02/2002

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Derrickok
Novice

Jan 10, 2002, 7:30 PM

Post #6 of 29 (8273 views)
Shortcut

It is just as good as aying nothing! The ruling is only on hold, that is about all.
BTW. What language have U learnt recently? Go to your reply on bathing a puppy, you will then see what you have posted.
How's thing? back to college. Had a wonderful holiday? See you.
Regards.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Jan 10, 2002, 7:36 PM

Post #7 of 29 (8270 views)
Shortcut

hahaha..very funny Derrick!! My brains are fried lar..after studying..have exam this afternoon...eh eh you wanna see picture of you and your doggie at the penang show ar?? quite small, blur and miserable...but at least it's pictures lar...

Better faster go renew doggie license!!

and how are you??

jason
Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2002, 7:43 PM

Post #8 of 29 (8269 views)
Shortcut

Hi Rainbow,

You have the pictures for the penang's show? Can we have a look together? May be you can show some of them to the forum members, ok?

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jan 10, 2002, 9:37 PM

Post #9 of 29 (8265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] 2 dogs with 300sq m++ [In reply to] Can't Post

Pictures by Rainbow

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Jan 10, 2002, 9:39 PM)

jason
Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2002, 10:29 PM

Post #10 of 29 (8258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] 2 dogs with 300sq m++ [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Khoo and Rainbow,

Ha ... which one is our Derrick? The person with the dalmation dog in the second picture?Smile

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jan 10, 2002, 10:41 PM

Post #11 of 29 (8257 views)
Shortcut

Obviously. Derrick is Mr. Dalmation

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Jan 11, 2002, 5:13 AM

Post #12 of 29 (8250 views)
Shortcut

you see the first picture properly also you will see Mr Dalmatian. Smile

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 2:36 AM

Post #13 of 29 (8232 views)
Shortcut

There was a meeting today between the various organisations and the datuk bandar in K.L.
Following are the revisions:-
(1) Fees for licence will remain at RM10.00
(2) Those who have more than 2 dogs NOW are required to apply for exemptions
(3) New dog owners will have to comply with new rulings.
(4) Spaying & neutering is not compulsory but is encouraged just like our webmaster encouraging new members to introduce themselves!!!!
(5) Wait for press release 2morrow.
Regards.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 7, 2002, 3:46 AM

Post #14 of 29 (8228 views)
Shortcut

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 4:55 AM

Post #15 of 29 (8226 views)
Shortcut

Fried JB what have you posted? Nothing there.
HaHa I know,
The joke is on me right?

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 7, 2002, 5:14 AM

Post #16 of 29 (8225 views)
Shortcut

Lol....I can't remember what I posted..think it was along the lines of...was there any mention on keeping dogs in apartments and thanks for sharing the info..Smile

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 5:22 AM

Post #17 of 29 (8224 views)
Shortcut

Nothing is mentioned about dogs kept in apartments. In any case you are not staying in DBKL so why worry about something that you are not supposed to worry. Fried is not enough eh? You want Deep Fried or Micro Fried?

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 7, 2002, 5:34 AM

Post #18 of 29 (8223 views)
Shortcut

Today you can say I'm deep fried..In quarantine the whole day...Frown eh....I'm staying in DBKL lar..that's why I'm worried....unless I move to sunway lor..

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 5:41 AM

Post #19 of 29 (8222 views)
Shortcut

In that case wait for the press release 2morrow loh and see that full story. Because what I got was from MKA by those who went to the meeting.
Perhaps there is something there that mention apartments.

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 3:20 PM

Post #20 of 29 (8219 views)
Shortcut

To day's Star Metro only gave a brief account of yesterday's meeting.
Basically, if you read in between the line, the whole issue has been 'dropped', because the out cry from the dog owners are mainly on licencing fees from RM10 to RM50 and those having more than one/two dogs per household. By the same token, those staying in apartments should also be allowed to live in peace and should not be harassed.
You may have to refer to the ORIGINAL proposal or perhaps our lawyer friend could comment. Pat, what's your view?
If I were in your shoes, there are two things I could do. Pretend that you are completely stupid, write a letter to city hall and give reasons (fairly legitimate ones) why you need to keep your Holli with you in an apartment. OR Wait till you are discovered, and then say SAYA don't know about it lah Minta Maaf. Sila Masuk minum Kopi?
How's that for some "sound"/"stupid" advice?
Regards.

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 8:35 PM

Post #21 of 29 (8215 views)
Shortcut

Good news for U fried JB.
You now don't have to pretend to be bodoh and you needn't have to use your charm and say sila masuk.
I have this information, from very reliable sources (of course disclaimer still applies) that as far as the revised rulings are concerned, doggie in apartment is on hold.
However, it is understood that toy breed is allowed. Since DBKL is not certain what is known as toy breeds and we Malaysians sometimes think that a Great Dane is also a 'toy' breed, they have solved the problem by saying that DOGS weighing 20lbs or less is allowed to be keep in apartments.
So, if your Holli as the judge said is more than 20lbs, don't you think that she should be on a weight reducing programn? I suppose you will be posting very soon in this forum -"Help my Holli to reduce weight"-Pirate
Regards.

Pat

Feb 8, 2002, 2:33 AM

Post #22 of 29 (8208 views)
Shortcut

Dear all,

It depends on what the revised rulling is. If they are silent on the type of property but just refer to the sq ft measurement, then strictly only that is applicable but one must bear in mind that dwelling in aprtment is further subject to developer's rules/condo regulations. Can't comment much at this point as the rulling is not finalised. But Derrick is right, if the rulling is vague, it allows you some leeway to argue your rights. Always buat tak tahu and don't need to clarify with them UNLESS it is expressly stated. If you ask for too much clarification you smarten them up then they will expressly state it in the rulling.

Regards,
Pat
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 8, 2002, 2:48 AM

Post #23 of 29 (8207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] 2 dogs with 300sq m++ [In reply to] Can't Post

I like that 'buat tidak tahu' part very much!
Anyway, yesterday was the first meeting of the newly appointed committee. There will be follow up in the future as and when I suppose is necessary.
Actually when city hall implementing this ruling, they themselves do not have a clue on how to go about it. with all the input from various parties, I suppose one could say, city hall has found a solution and that solution is "there are many ways to skin a pussy".
Regards.

llamasonic
Novice

May 26, 2002, 3:47 AM

Post #24 of 29 (8180 views)
Shortcut

Hello, There is an older lady at my apartment complex with a small Shi Tzu. She just told us that the DBKL authorities came to her door this past weekend to take away her dog. She acted like she was not home when they came as her son was there and told her not to open the door for them.

We live in Segambut which is in KL - Where could I get more information on the under 20 Lb ruling ? This woman is very old and is planning on moving rather than giving up her dog. If I could help her out I would like to but right now the only ammo I have is "I saw this thread on a website"... I need more information than that to help her out of this.

What office could I call, is the info online anywhere ?

Thanks

Derrickok
Novice

May 26, 2002, 5:25 AM

Post #25 of 29 (8174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [llamasonic] 2 dogs with 300sq m++ [In reply to] Can't Post

First, we don't know who is llamasonic. All this months you have never bothered to introduce yourself. Now you need help to help an old lady, which indeed is a very noble cause. Defender of the weak & meek. Please bear in mind, I have my principles and pride. I don't simply give away informations to any tom dick & harry.
Regards.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my