Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
What's best for Apartment dweller?

saphian
Novice

Dec 28, 2001, 12:08 AM

Post #1 of 7 (3088 views)
Shortcut
What's best for Apartment dweller? Can't Post

In looking for a suitable puppy I recently participated in a questionaire on the internet as to what dog suits me best. The answer came up with an "English Toy Spaniel". As suggested by khoobg in another thread, I called the to check if there were any breeder for this breed. The answer was that they have no registration under this breed. I am now alternatively looking for a suitable puppy to bring up as a companion to me in my retirement. I have all the time in the world and am wondering if someone could suggest what's best for an apartment dweller. No preferences for coats, but dog has to be toy/small build, I guess, and quiet. BTW, this will also be my first dog ever, and I live in Langkawi. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

lee
Novice

Dec 28, 2001, 12:37 AM

Post #2 of 7 (3086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [saphian] What's best for Apartment dweller? [In reply to] Can't Post

There are quite a number of toy breed available such as Shih Tzu, Toy Poodle, Pekinese, Chi Wa Wa. Try looking into these few breed and most of all you need to like him/her and have lots of love towards them. Dogs are human best friend!

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 28, 2001, 1:09 AM

Post #3 of 7 (3083 views)
Shortcut

Hello Saphian,
At least I am awared of your location and I could try to help you to the best of my ability. I am based in Selangor. However, MKA has branches throughout/almost all over Malaysia including Sabah and Sarawak. I have just made a call to the registration clerk in KL to provide me with all the breeders of small dogs in Penang and Kedah and what puppies are available. In half an hour, I should have the list. Once available, I shall forward it to you for consideration, and you could contact these breeders direct.
Regards.

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 28, 2001, 2:01 AM

Post #4 of 7 (3075 views)
Shortcut

Hello Saphian,
Enclosed herewith a list of breeders in Penang for your perusal:
SHIH TZU
Lim Gin Pak 05-8903810
Lim Teik Seng 012-45221082
Cheah Keat Seng 05-3321086
Ong Chin Tian 012-4750415

PUG
Goh Kheng Leong 05-8277332

POMERANIAN
Khoo Eng Aun 05-8283239
Khaw Hooi Li 05-2621891
Tan Cheng Tik 05-5383802

MIN SCHNAUZER
Yeoh Quee Suan 016-4538077

Regards.

saphian
Novice

Dec 28, 2001, 4:08 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lee] What's best for Apartment dweller? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi lee,
Thank you for your suggestions. I will certainly look into the breeds you mentioned and see if I like them.

Regards,
saphian

saphian
Novice

Dec 28, 2001, 4:24 AM

Post #6 of 7 (3072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] What's best for Apartment dweller? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Derrickok,
I am deeply touched. Thank you very much for the trouble you took to get all the telephone numbers of the breeders in Penang. It certainly will be very helpful to me and others too who are reading this thread. I am really having a hard time deciding and maybe talking to the breeders will help me make up my mind!

I must add that the members of this forum are the greatest. Its people like you and the others who respond with sincerity to help others that make this world a better place to live in! Thank you.

Best regards,
saphian

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 28, 2001, 5:26 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3067 views)
Shortcut

Well Saphian, we are doing our utmost best to help other list members wherever and whenever we possibly can.
There is one section in the home page you might like to visit. The Breed Section. If you click under Breeds it will take you to some of the breeds available in Malaysia. It is A-Z. This will give you an idea of what the dog looks like and its characteristics
Please let us know what you have got later.
I am not in the doggie business, that is to say I do not operate a petshop and I am not a puppy trader but I do know enough to put you on the right track should you want me to offer you a second opinion.
Regards.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my