Post #1 of 16 (4019 views)
Shortcut
cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me Can't Post

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 24, 2003, 9:59 AM

Post #2 of 16 (4015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kayharley] cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me [In reply to] Can't Post

hello Smile

Welcome to the forum.

don't think they are any cairn owners here..(are there?).it's definitely a rare sight to see one.

Anyway, do u own one? Smile Could u tell us more abt him?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

kayharley
New User

Nov 24, 2003, 3:17 PM

Post #3 of 16 (4013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me [In reply to] Can't Post

I have 2...a 10 year old female and now a 3 month old...very intellegent breed....they say a Cairn is somewhat like the Toto dog from the Wizard of Oz..fearless despite their small size. I have to agree.
They adore children, will play at the drop of a hat although when it comes to discipline, you have to be consistant because they will "toy" with you to do what they want.
Anyway, I adore the breed and love my two girls...Winnie and Madison. If I had more room in my home I'd have a ton of these.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 24, 2003, 6:03 PM

Post #4 of 16 (4011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kayharley] cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow....

Could we see some pics of your dogs?? Would be nice to see more Terriers in this forum... Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 24, 2003, 10:31 PM

Post #5 of 16 (4009 views)
Shortcut

I'll hv to agree. They are really fearless despite their size and simply adorable!

Btw,where did u get them? Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

snoopdog
K9 Kaki

Nov 29, 2003, 8:13 PM

Post #6 of 16 (3996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi Kay,

My surprise that there are cairns terrier here in M'sia. Welcome!

Ciao
Angeline + Maximus & Dome(miss u!)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 30, 2003, 10:11 AM

Post #7 of 16 (3989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopdog] cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehi,

think u replied the wrong person...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 12:48 AM

Post #8 of 16 (3977 views)
Shortcut

Hey,

Welcome to the forum! I have never seen a cairn terrier before, do you have pictures of them?

BTW, I have ECS, toy poodle and lab Blush and glad to know you here!

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2003, 2:54 AM

Post #9 of 16 (3960 views)
Shortcut

hi kayharley,

Never seen a cairn terrier. Where did you get them? From the video in the AKC's website, they look so cute.

The other day, I saw a west highland white terrier at one of the pet shops. That dog is so cute.. age about 1 1/2 yrs old. Don't mind owning one but too bad... the terrier is not for sale. Maybe the owner wants to reserve it for breeding.

Join the JRT Zone

Cairn
New User

Jan 28, 2004, 5:06 AM

Post #10 of 16 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Hi, just got a cairn on wednesday a gift from my parents. So far he is doing good. This is the first time I ever trained a dog. I named him Sir Angus MacDuff. He's about 10 weeks old. I'm new this site just signed up 5 mins ago.

Sheila-Anne

Smile

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 31, 2004, 4:54 AM

Post #11 of 16 (3915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cairn] cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that him in your avatar? He looks adorable!Smile

That's a real interesting name...how'd u come up with that name?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Cairn
New User

Feb 1, 2004, 3:51 AM

Post #12 of 16 (3912 views)
Shortcut

Hi yes that is my little man. Since this cairn terrier is originally from the highlands of scotland I wanted a celtic gaelic type of name. I thought of MacDuff and my da came up with Angus so I decided to call him Angus MacDuff then just added the Sir infront of it for fun. We call him Angus MacDuff or Duffy for short but mostly Angus MacDuff so he gets use to the name. I don't know if you can update the photo on here but I took a roll of film of him the other day and some of them really came out very cute.

Gackt
Novice

Jul 3, 2004, 9:09 PM

Post #13 of 16 (3593 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Cairns are also rare in Hong Kong here. I have one named Babylon

Wink

(This post was edited by Gackt on Jul 3, 2004, 9:15 PM)

wenmpt
Novice

Jul 27, 2004, 1:23 AM

Post #14 of 16 (3525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gackt] cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm in Malaysia and am looking for a cairn terrier - where can i get one?

Gackt
Novice

Jul 27, 2004, 5:05 AM

Post #15 of 16 (3521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wenmpt] cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i'm in Malaysia and am looking for a cairn terrier - where can i get one?

My Cairn girl will get marry to her new husband on end of this year.Smile

avusblue
Novice

Sep 23, 2004, 5:53 AM

Post #16 of 16 (3168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gackt] cairn terriers anyone....I'm new here so bear with me [In reply to] Can't Post

We have a cairn too ... Smile

His name is Axle and he's about 3 yrs old. Very affectionate at home, but also playful and energetic. Also very intelligent and quite easy to train (supposedly one of the easier terriers to train). He's also a great watchdog .. I think Cairns are rated #7 on the AKC list of best watchdogs. We'll be bringing him back to malaysia next year ... hopefully the journey won't be too stressful for him ....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my