KawChai
Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2002, 1:39 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1876 views)
Shortcut
I just got myself a Pug Puppies & I am new, please help Can't Post

Hello all,

Angelic

I just got myself a pug puppy (male) about 9 weeks old. I am new to dog ( first time). Can anyone tell me what are the basic care routine that I should do to the pug daily for example:

1. How many times should I feed my pug?

2. How many bath in a week ? Hot or cold water ? ( fyi...i put the pug inside a big cage inside a room with fan & window open, he has the whole room by himself, so it is quite windy )

3. What is the good brand around market & the price?

4. I fed him daily vitamin ( looks like toothpaste packaging- purple color), what else should I fed him ?

5. What type of toy would a pug like ? Ball?

6. When can I start to train him to go toilet to do his business ? ( I am working, so, he will be alone at home during day time ..)

7. Any good vet around KL area ?

8. Is pug afraid of dark ?

9. What are the common disease that a pug can have ?

10. About vacination - He already had his first vacination, when is the 2nd & 3rd one to be taken ? How much ? & where?

Sorry for asking so much questions, I really like that puppy, would like to give the best to him :D

Thank You so much...

Blush

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 28, 2002, 3:23 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] I just got myself a Pug Puppies & I am new, please help [In reply to] Can't Post

best thing to do is to buy a good book on the Pug, it should have most of the answers there.

1. i feed my pups 3 - 4 times a day.

2. i don't really bathe my pups yet but let them "swim" in a tub of room temp water then make sure they are dried off after.

3. Brand of what?

4. i give my pups multi-vite, dry food in the morning, canned food at lunchtime, tidbits for training and canned food at night. They get some leftovers when we have a meaty meal like bbq.

5. all pups like squeaky toys, balls, chewtoys...

6. if your dog alone all day and insire the house, you might want to leave him some newspaper, and everytime you see him want to go to the toilet, put him on the newspaper until he gets used to doing it on newspaper

7. Depends on where you are based in KL, but there are a number of vets. you can ask MKA for a list.

8. Never kept a pug. Mr Khoo our webmaster could tell you more specifics about the breed.

10. Look at the vet card that came with the puppy... it should have dates for next vaccine and what it has already received. Your vet will understand the med card.

Good luck! Are you joining us at doogy events?

evehock
Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2002, 7:15 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] I just got myself a Pug Puppies & I am new, please help [In reply to] Can't Post

KawChai,

Thankyou for joining us in the forum... but pls go to the Member Introduction to introduce yourself and your dog. We are dying to know who is the person owning the 9 weeks old male pug.Tongue

eve

Khoobg
Webmaster

Oct 28, 2002, 5:43 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1853 views)
Shortcut

• You should your pug puppy three times a day.
  • I seldom bath my pug unless they are very dirty. Normally once or twice a month. Be careful on the shampoo that you use.
  • There are many good brands of dog food around and you may wish to try Lamb and Rice formula from the premium brand.
  • Feeding Nutri Gel as supplement in addition to kibble is good.
  • PUG puupy like to play with small ball and anything that they can get hold and bite.
  • You can infact start training him. A friend of mine managed to training his pug to pee and poo only at his crate at ten weeks old. His pug is free to roam in his house.
  • Plenty of good VET in KL. Try your luck Smile
  • PUG is not afraid of darkness.
  • Demodectic Mange is a common sick problem of PUG. To find out more information of Demodex, just perform a search on Mange at this forum and you should be presented with some results.
  • First three vaccinations are administered at one month interval. Check the date of first vaccination to determine the date for 2nd and 3rd jab. Do not forget to deworm your pug at every two weeks until they are three months of age.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

KawChai
Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2002, 6:57 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] I just got myself a Pug Puppies & I am new, please help [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello All,

Thanks Thanks for all the reply...

I just got a name for the puppy....."yoda" ( a name from star wars )..so, the next puppy will name "OB1" I guess..hahah

Btw, do you think Yoda will need a collar ?

I got this for Yoda...anything missing ?

1. 2.5feet crate

2. Shampoo

3. Food

4. Equipment for food & drink

5. Toy

6. Vitamin

What else do Yoda need ?

I am working during the day time, so Yoda will be alone at home inside the crate. I will put some toy for him to play with incase he gets bored. But will he eat his own poo poo when I am not at home ? I can only train him at night to go toilet to do his pee pee & poo poo. Will he get confuse between day & night coz during the day he is at his crate..hehe

I also thought of putting some dog's pic or poster inside the room...at least he have something else to look for apart from 4 walls..does this help ?

Yoda is not with me yet, I will be bringing him home soon. What should I do on the first night ? Incase he is scare & cry ? Will he ?

Blush

cdmoo
ALPHA

Oct 28, 2002, 8:11 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1837 views)
Shortcut

hi,

You could also put the radio in the room and leave it on. If you think, it's too much music Crazy, then buy a timer control to control the on/off switch of the radio.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my