First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 21, 2003, 4:05 AM

Post #1 of 67 (3300 views)
Shortcut
Answers to Dog/Puppy Training Website Can't Post

Dear all,

Just found a fantastic website which has a lot of tips!! Tongue Hope this can help out all the new doggy/puppy owners out there... Laugh

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/answers/

Enjoy...

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 21, 2003, 5:33 AM

Post #2 of 67 (3297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Answers to Dog/Puppy Training Website [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the website! pretty useful i'd say....Smile

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 21, 2003, 7:18 PM

Post #3 of 67 (3287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Answers to Dog/Puppy Training Website [In reply to] Can't Post

No worries.... Wink

Just tried a tip from there about teaching "Give". Tried it out this morning and Snoopy has learnt to release the toy whenever I ask her to "Give"... Not as good as dropping the ball when I ask her but at least she isn't biting me now... Sly

Pretty practical tips-la...

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 22, 2003, 6:35 AM

Post #4 of 67 (3276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Answers to Dog/Puppy Training Website [In reply to] Can't Post

wow......snoopy is learning fast too.....Wink

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 24, 2003, 5:04 PM

Post #5 of 67 (3264 views)
Shortcut

Haha...

Have to-la... My poor hands.... CrazyCrazyCrazy.... If I don't train her, she will continue biting, if she bites, my hand will hurt, if my hand hurts I cannot type on my computer... If I can't type on my computer... No makan... No interesting comments on Puppy.com website... Sly

Join the JRT Zone

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 24, 2003, 8:10 PM

Post #6 of 67 (3261 views)
Shortcut

hahahahahah......a series of consequences huh? hehehehe......but i guess that your doggie doesn't really bite you...does she? she's just playful and is nipping at your hand... so how's she doing now? no more biting? Cool

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 25, 2003, 12:07 AM

Post #7 of 67 (3259 views)
Shortcut

Hehe...

Yea.. I know that she is just nipping... Sly Her little piranha teeth are just starting to grow, so, she needs a "practice toy" for herself... Tongue Mana-tau it was my hand!! LOL! Wink

Yea, she doesn't bite that much... However, my hands still have the scars of her previous "pracitice sessions"... Sly

Join the JRT Zone

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 28, 2003, 9:26 PM

Post #8 of 67 (3240 views)
Shortcut

remind me again....what dog you own ah? me really have bad memory...aiyohhh......

hahahah....your hand better mah....soft yet hard....ehehehe.....taste good......LaughLaugh

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 28, 2003, 10:05 PM

Post #9 of 67 (3237 views)
Shortcut

Oh...

Now my family serves a JRT... Wink... WinkLaughLaughSlyLaugh...

Yea... My friend said that my hand is very nice and rounded... tastes very good..... Shocked

Join the JRT Zone

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 28, 2003, 10:25 PM

Post #10 of 67 (3236 views)
Shortcut

ohh...a JRT.........muahahahhahah......your friend tasted your fingers d ah? hehehehhehe........

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 29, 2003, 1:12 AM

Post #11 of 67 (3232 views)
Shortcut

Hahaa...

Don't know if my friend tasted my fingers... Hmmm.... wait..... Yes... she did!!! Shocked... All I remember was she saying "Sausages....... " and then... my finger got bitten... Crazy

** Pengsan **.... x_X

Join the JRT Zone

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 29, 2003, 2:23 AM

Post #12 of 67 (3227 views)
Shortcut

muahahahahahhaha........sausages??????????? kekekekekekke............. sounds yummy lah....no wonder your snoopy bit you......ahhahahaha.......

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 29, 2003, 5:49 PM

Post #13 of 67 (3215 views)
Shortcut

My poor hand.... My poor hand.... UnsureUnsureUnsureUnsure

LaughSlyLaughSlyLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

kesuke
Doggyman

Dec 1, 2003, 1:35 AM

Post #14 of 67 (3209 views)
Shortcut

hahahhaha....how's your hand now? i think the marks should have faded by now....hehehehe......and how's snoopy going on the training?

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 1, 2003, 5:38 PM

Post #15 of 67 (3208 views)
Shortcut

Hehe...

Much better.. Thanks... Wink.. I had to flick her muzzle a few times + exchange hand with bone in order to get her to stop biting me. Tongue Seems a little cruel, but she's more well-behaved now.

At least now she understands that my hand is not a chew toy. SlyLaugh

Snoopy now understands sit, down, wait + stay (in progress) and a little bit of roll-over. Laugh When I ask her for "hand", she gives me her mouth... Crazy

Join the JRT Zone

kesuke
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2003, 1:49 AM

Post #16 of 67 (3199 views)
Shortcut

muaahahhahahah....i see snoopy really loves your hand...must be so nice and juicy to bite...heehhehe....

and wow...your snoopy sure is learning fast...glad to know she's more obedient nowadays... but still, she gives you mouth when you say 'hand'? hehehehhe......

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 2, 2003, 3:16 AM

Post #17 of 67 (3198 views)
Shortcut

Yea..... CrazyCrazy

She will "learn" when there is food around... Tongue Can see her lick her lips when she smells her favourite treat... Tongue

Yea... She kelam-kabut with her body parts... LaughLaughLaugh... She always smell my hand first before she gives me her hand... Sly....

When I ask her to "sit", she goes "down".. CrazyCrazyCrazy Siao over her treat... Laugh

Join the JRT Zone

djoecool
Enthusiast

Dec 3, 2003, 5:45 PM

Post #18 of 67 (3190 views)
Shortcut

I have the same problem with Dao Dao also. Her mouth will come to my hand when I ask for her hand.... she'll be so excited when she knows that I'm holding some treats and she'll be kelam-kabut already...Wonder if there's anything that we can keep the treat with us without them knowing... smell proof bag or something like that...hehehe

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 3, 2003, 6:09 PM

Post #19 of 67 (3188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [djoecool] Answers to Dog/Puppy Training Website [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehehe

Yea... If you find one... let me know!! TongueTongueTongue.... Kekeke...

I'm trying to each Snoopy "wait/ok" so that she knows how to "wait" for her treat first and only will get it when I say "ok"... Smile... Susah-la... CrazyCrazy Hyper-la this budak... Laugh

Join the JRT Zone

djoecool
Enthusiast

Dec 3, 2003, 6:13 PM

Post #20 of 67 (3187 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha... yeah sure will inform you if I find one.

Hhhmm... only get the treats after that... sounds good but will they learn that the treat is actually for what they have done since pup has short memory?

Yeah... I think Snoopy is more hyper than Dao Dao lar... she seems to be so active.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 3, 2003, 6:26 PM

Post #21 of 67 (3186 views)
Shortcut

Hehehe.....

Yea... I start training Snoopy first by telling her that treat is for when she is good.... along with praises too... Tongue Then, when she understands that, I start training her and will only give her the treat + praises when she gets it right... Wink

Sometimes, if she doesn't get it, I'll tell her "No" and repeat again. If she doesn't get it after a few times, I give her the treat but no praise... Just to motivate her... Tongue

Hmmm... JRTs are a little harder to train because they are sooo hyper... Tongue Snoopy is no exception as this morning, when we tried to catch her, she was running circles around us... evading us... Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

djoecool
Enthusiast

Dec 3, 2003, 6:34 PM

Post #22 of 67 (3185 views)
Shortcut

Dao Dao also same now.... when ask her to come she doesn't come one especially after meals when she knows that I'm going to put her in the toilet for her to eliminate. She'll be running away and around the living room and underneath the dining table where we can't get her....very naughty of her er

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 3, 2003, 7:00 PM

Post #23 of 67 (3184 views)
Shortcut

Aiyoo....

Susah-la..... Tongue I used to be able to "trick" her by pretending that there was a treat in my hand and saying "biscuit"... Tongue Now.. She knows that I "cheat" her and won't fall for that trick any more... UnsureUnsure

Join the JRT Zone

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 3, 2003, 7:21 PM

Post #24 of 67 (3183 views)
Shortcut

wow...very informative on training n other stuff for the website...cool/..no need buy book lia...LaughLaugh

ohhh that is why don't trick puppy too much...same goes to human baby....trick them too much they will not fall for it again...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

djoecool
Enthusiast

Dec 3, 2003, 7:40 PM

Post #25 of 67 (3182 views)
Shortcut

Yea... I tried the same trick... I took her bowl and pretend to put on the floor where she normally will have her meal...first time she fell for it...hehehe... came out from her hiding place... after that... nope...she knows it not her meal time....

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my