Tips for stacking..

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Nov 20, 2003, 7:43 AM

Post #1 of 22 (3146 views)
Shortcut
Tips for stacking.. Can't Post

hi guys,

been trying to stack my little GSD and she's not doing very well at tht im afraid as she cant stay still for 2 seconds...anyone can advice on what is the best way to train her to stack????...any tips??? ive tried to use her toys n food to bait her but she doesnt seeem to be interested..hmmFrown pls help!Smile
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 20, 2003, 8:26 AM

Post #2 of 22 (3143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Tips for stacking.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure if this might work..but it did for my bullmastiff.

When i tell him to stand..i put the treat in front of him(not above,not below, but just in front on his eyes) and move it further till he gets his bum off the ground and in a stand position.He has to get off the ground in order to try and get the treat. Then i would put my foot under his stomach just in case he would sit again. If he sits, i would use my foot to lift his stomach and he would be in a stand postion again. I don't gv him a treat yet. Until he stands for a second or 2 then he gets the treat. Later on i would just increase the time. Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 5:50 PM

Post #3 of 22 (3094 views)
Shortcut

i taught luckey how to stack by using the two small stools method, where I put her front feet on one stool, and her back feet on another, so she couldn't move her legs much unless she jumped off the stools. Coupled with treats she learnt to stand still quite well.

But still trying to get her used to staying in the same position when the judge starts to feel her up though, which is not so easy to train. Unsure

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Dec 7, 2003, 8:59 PM

Post #4 of 22 (3083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Tips for stacking.. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

hey thanks for the tips...ive read tht in a book before..but my little xena is a bit big to put on a stool...ehehhe..and moreover she will jump straight off...she's not afraid of heights..welll been training her lately and she's doing ok but wont for long lah..very very short period..ehehe..Smile
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

doodle
ALPHA

Dec 7, 2003, 9:23 PM

Post #5 of 22 (3082 views)
Shortcut

hello there!
any tips to stack a bassie?
so far, i just use a sausage and put it in front of his nose.
I thought him a new trick to balance the chopped sausage on his nose. Therefore, he won't move until i said GO. Then he will gobble them off.
Wink

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Dec 8, 2003, 6:35 AM

Post #6 of 22 (3078 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] Tips for stacking.. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi doodle,

wah ure doodle reallly terror ahh..can do tricks like tht also ahh..Shocked

not bad!!..interestingWink...must show ahh next time..havent seen it before live..ahhaha..oh yah ure coming with serene n me right to the penang dog show? oooh like tht i get to see ur doodle perform that sausage balancing trick..ahahhaa...by the way whts ur name?..eehhee paiseh lah dont know ur name...well there are lots of ways to train them like me i use her toys to get her attention...hmm..well dont know ler..im still new to all these show thingy..ehehe...better ask some other sifuTongue

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 3:48 AM

Post #7 of 22 (3065 views)
Shortcut

well good luck in the stacking. When your little Xenas can do it, do take a snap and share with us! Smile

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Dec 9, 2003, 6:42 AM

Post #8 of 22 (3062 views)
Shortcut

hi luckey....

well well will do so..but guess have to wait lor..ehehhee...r u entering ur dog in the penang show???.

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 6:45 PM

Post #9 of 22 (3050 views)
Shortcut

wow..balancing sausage huh....great trick...how did u start to train that trick....give me some tips la...WinkWink

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2003, 7:44 PM

Post #10 of 22 (3047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] Tips for stacking.. [In reply to] Can't Post

you are going to bring tau tau for show arh?

then i'll sure be there as i'm a member of tau tau fans club.Laugh

TAU TAU! KA YAU!

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 8:35 PM

Post #11 of 22 (3040 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Tips for stacking.. [In reply to] Can't Post

unless i can make/train Tau Tau not to so "pat kau"/3 8.....she is a real pat por la....

how to bring her to show...sure malu i later...all the audience/spectator laugh at me and Tau Tau....FrownFrownFrown

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2003, 8:54 PM

Post #12 of 22 (3038 views)
Shortcut

aiyah, no need to care about others la. just have fun with tau tau.Laugh

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 9:53 PM

Post #13 of 22 (3035 views)
Shortcut

i think he would be having more fun roaming with a bunch of friend leh...SlySly

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 10, 2003, 1:18 AM

Post #14 of 22 (3029 views)
Shortcut

nah... too far, and not sure if Luckey likes showing all that much. Also showing her means i have to strip her of her cute topknot and do a lot of grooming beforehand.

Might do some shows next year in KL though. Wink Are you going to the Penang show?

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Dec 10, 2003, 5:02 AM

Post #15 of 22 (3025 views)
Shortcut

yes yes will be going for the show in penang..thts why these few days gotta train her hard..ehehe.. at the same time have to keeep her happy also or else she will not like it in future..haiyah so kesian me.. Smile just wanna exposed her young so that she will get used to it...anyway its all for fun lerrr...see how she goes lorr..hhehee..well hope to see ya at kl show then..hmm dont know when but sure will be one..Tongue

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 10, 2003, 5:50 PM

Post #16 of 22 (3020 views)
Shortcut

haha....then remember to bring her for the gathering.

haih, too bad i can't go to kk. but i will definitely go to central park, coz i nearer. kk is too far away.

Pacco de Mongrel

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 12, 2003, 6:44 PM

Post #17 of 22 (3004 views)
Shortcut

too far...why kinki can't tahan too far car ride???

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2003, 4:58 AM

Post #18 of 22 (2999 views)
Shortcut

coz i still haven't own a car yet. so i'd to ask my daddy to fetch me. and if the place is too far, my dad will surely refused. coz he had to work on sunday too.

but luckily the central park is on the same way to his shop, that's why i can make it to central park then.

Pacco de Mongrel

doodle
ALPHA

Dec 13, 2003, 7:27 PM

Post #19 of 22 (2996 views)
Shortcut

U going with serene also ah?
I don't remember seeing u la!
u also another one.. never introduce wan??
So we driving together is it? cause I will be meeting serene tonight and drive to penang together. U?
No la... (humble) heehhehe... my doodle can balance biscuits on his nose.. but dunno whether he want to do during the show is totally another different story. Sometimes he can really 'kek sei' me.
Especially during show. All sort of stunts he can perform la. Ask the rest and see. Wink

doodle
ALPHA

Dec 13, 2003, 7:32 PM

Post #20 of 22 (2995 views)
Shortcut

i also dunno how the trick started. I think one day, I was at MPH bookstore and looking through the books about dogs and I saw this tricks. Went back and try. Try a few times tak jadi... but keep trying then one day, tadaa!
Just put the food on this nose or where ever u want to balance. Then tell him no!.. No!!! or hold his position... then, say go and let go...
3 weeks after that, tadaa!
hehehehhe

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 15, 2003, 5:46 PM

Post #21 of 22 (2986 views)
Shortcut

ohhh ic....Wink

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 15, 2003, 6:01 PM

Post #22 of 22 (2985 views)
Shortcut

wow....i must try it....its really cool....thx

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my