Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Dental Scaling

May
Old Hand

Oct 25, 2002, 5:29 PM

Post #1 of 10 (3147 views)
Shortcut
Dental Scaling Can't Post

Is it necessary for us to bring our dog to the vet to do dental scaling every year? How much will it cost per visit?

My dog is about 14 months old and I noticed she has stain and tartar on her teeth. Thought of sending her to do the dental scaling but don't know what's the cost.

shedawan
Novice

Oct 25, 2002, 6:17 PM

Post #2 of 10 (3144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Dental Scaling [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Derrick,

Kindly adhere to the terms of forum. No redirection to other advertising contents.

Thanks for your cooperation.

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Oct 25, 2002, 7:51 PM)

May
Old Hand

Oct 25, 2002, 6:32 PM

Post #3 of 10 (3141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shedawan] Dental Scaling [In reply to] Can't Post

That's what I'm referring too but don't know whether is it necessary and expensive or not.

shedawan
Novice

Oct 25, 2002, 7:21 PM

Post #4 of 10 (3138 views)
Shortcut

"That's what I'm referring too but don't know whether is it necessary and expensive or not."
That is an excellent reply. Perhaps you do not have time to finish reading the ENTIRE article. Please read the LAST PARAGRAPH, where it says "Pet owner who wish ................... customer service line at , visit......................com.my.
Shall I call them up on your behalf???
Have a good day and a pleasant week-end.

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 25, 2002, 9:56 PM

Post #5 of 10 (3127 views)
Shortcut

Hi May,

Hv a friend here in Penang who said she sent her dog for dental scaling and it costs $120....that shd more or less give u an idea how much it will cost.

evehock
Enthusiast

Oct 27, 2002, 8:45 AM

Post #6 of 10 (3113 views)
Shortcut

Dear May,

Go to dentist is the worst part of everyone life... Unsureand dog's life too... Too much stress will make you dog unhappy and have phobia. Frown I would like to suggest that you give your dog chewing toy or bone or dental bone first.... if still not clear the stain and tartar then you can bring it to dentist.Unsure I always give my Tigger dental bone or cooked pig femur (leg bone) and that solved my Tigger's tartar problem....Smile

eve

May
Old Hand

Oct 28, 2002, 5:33 PM

Post #7 of 10 (3102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evehock] Dental Scaling [In reply to] Can't Post

Reply to shedawan : The number provided is 's contact number. They do have their own animal hospital but kinda expensive. That's why I raised up this question in this forum. Hopefully someone who has sent their dog for dental scaling before can give me an idea on how much does it cost.

Reply to ginl : Thanks for the info. That's what I need.

Reply to evehock : I gave dental bone and chew toys to my dog but the stain and tartar still there. That's why I thought of sending her for dental scaling after reading the article on Friday.

shedawan
Novice

Oct 28, 2002, 6:07 PM

Post #8 of 10 (3100 views)
Shortcut

I simplycannot believe that your dog really required that bad in dental care. BECAUSE
(a) Only dog above the age of 2 or more have tartar built ups and it is only found on the last and second last molars.
(b) Can you differentiate tartar from stains?
(c) If you send your dog for dental treatment, known also as descaling, the vet has to put your dog under GA (general anaesthetic) this alone is RM 80 - RM100.
(d) Why not just send your dog for a general routine check up and when the vet is doing what he is supposed to do, ask him for his opinion on the condition of dog's teeth and listen to what he has to say.
You can't find a better piece of advice than what I have stated above.
shedawan

4 ways to be GREAT: 1 Born with it. 2 Cultivate it. 3 Force on it. 4 Buy it.

May
Old Hand

Oct 29, 2002, 1:04 AM

Post #9 of 10 (3087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shedawan] Dental Scaling [In reply to] Can't Post

I think being polite in a reply will make a friendly environment. Correct me if I'm wrong. I do feel a little bit.....forget about it. Let's stop the discussion.

shedawan
Novice

Oct 29, 2002, 1:39 AM

Post #10 of 10 (3083 views)
Shortcut

There is absolutely not an element of rudeness in my reply to you.
If you are being so sensitive and so conceited, let the members viewing your post and my reply to you to decide.
Tenjewberrymud = Thank you very much!
shedawan

4 ways to be GREAT: 1 Born with it. 2 Cultivate it. 3 Force on it. 4 Buy it.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my