phoebetee81
Novice

Nov 17, 2003, 7:08 AM

Post #1 of 23 (2547 views)
Shortcut
poor doggy.. Can't Post

hi, everyone,

juz like to share smth with u guys.

My cousin has one dog about 1 year old. Is juz a normal dog. My cousin take it when it was juz few days old. N he had no time to apply a dog mark( or license ?) for his dog(coz he works six days per week)...mb this was his mistake too...he should pay more attention on this matter...anyway, he din..so bad thing happened...

few days ago, the DBKL come to his resident area, n saw his dog without dog plate n wanted to catch it(the dog was in the house).Meanwhile my cousin was working. N the DBKL ppl tell his housemate to pay rm50 if wanted to keep the dog!! So,his housemate called my cousin n told him the matter. My cousin dun like to give bribe n refuse to do so.

so, the ppl took the dog away.the 2nd day when my cousin went to their Jabatan n ask to reclaim it back, the ppl there said that the dog was already put to sleep...

wat i dun understand y dun they gip ppl a chance to take back the dog?!though is a dog but is still a life too!! It was juz the 2nd day when the matter happened...dun u all thing this is unfair to the dog and the owner? Or is that a right procedure on case like this? hope u guys will tell me coz i really dun understand..N for me to be more caution on this matter...10s...

N i planned to take my cousin to pay a visit to spca or Paw..hope he can get a nice dog there...Unsure..

(This post was edited by phoebetee81 on Nov 17, 2003, 7:45 AM)

nickanna
Canine Addict

Nov 17, 2003, 8:05 AM

Post #2 of 23 (2537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoebetee81] poor doggy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

tis is so sad..poor doggy.. Frown and those DBKL ppl senjaga cari pasal and want $$ coz Raya near mar.. terrible ppl.

Hope ur cousin will be more cautious next time and it's a lesson for all of us..Must Get A Dog Licence!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2003, 9:39 AM

Post #3 of 23 (2534 views)
Shortcut

Agree with nickanna. Also, should've been more careful and applied for the license earlier....Pirate but i guess it's hard since he's working 6 days a week...and u know how the government is..seelllooowww.........
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

dmax
Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2003, 6:09 PM

Post #4 of 23 (2522 views)
Shortcut

hi, phoebetee81

This is why we are very worry over our doggies. We know we can only keep 2 dogs but yet we have more than 2 dogs. If MPSJ found out, they will come and disturb us. If you don't pay them they will simply take away the dog to be put to sleep. So, I always cage my doggies at day time behind our door grille. We release them when we got home. Otherwise, we will have to let the dogs into the house.

Dont' let them roam around the compound if there is no one at home. Those bandaraya people don't care and they will even climb over the gate to catch the dogs. I heard last time MPSA is worst...they shoot at the dogs in the compound. Not happening now since owner complained. MPSA is stricter than any other municipals. Any one in MPSA area has experience to share about them?

Join the JRT Zone

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 17, 2003, 6:34 PM

Post #5 of 23 (2521 views)
Shortcut

well, i'm totally agreed with dmax as when there is no 1 at home....just cage the dog...but if u wanna let them run around then i guess you have no choice to get it right by applying the license...

yeah, they shouldn't have put the dog to sleep so fast as they should give at least some grace period...just like they give you grace periods to pay for your summons...hmmm don't know y when it comes to dog then do work so so..i should say so efficiently...MadMadMadCrazyCrazyCrazyAngelicAngelic

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 17, 2003, 7:34 PM

Post #6 of 23 (2518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] poor doggy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

sigh...3 of my dogs don't have license...

anyway,it's best to just lock the house gate...so that they won't be able to come into the house and catch the dog(s)..agree with you all, let it be a lesson to the rest of us..FrownFrown

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

kitten
Dog Kichi

Nov 17, 2003, 10:42 PM

Post #7 of 23 (2509 views)
Shortcut

My goodness! This is very bad. Aren't they only allow to nab dogs without tags outside the private house compound?

Laura & Babe

doberman
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 1:32 AM

Post #8 of 23 (2498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitten] poor doggy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

suppose to b like that but some of them pretend not see the tag n just catch or shoot themFrown

Henry from Penang
dobermann@puppy.com.myWink

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2003, 12:18 AM

Post #9 of 23 (2477 views)
Shortcut

and they are supposedly fasting....bet all their pahala went down the drain for that one. the poor poor dag. and your poor poor cousin. if someone did that to me, it woudl be like kidnapping and murdering one of my children.

my two also do not have licenses. that's why they are hidden inside my house. i think more poeple should consider this as on option becuase even the license is no safeguard again those unscrupulous poeple. i have heard of dogs with licenses being put to sleep becuase they were out of the compound unsupervised.

we have to be so so careful and it makes life that little bit less pleasant when you have to watch your furkids like political asylum seekers.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Nov 19, 2003, 9:17 PM

Post #10 of 23 (2463 views)
Shortcut

u mean they break your cousin house gate and catch the dog without permission?

I think this can consider a crime and can make a police report..Tongue
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 19, 2003, 9:34 PM

Post #11 of 23 (2462 views)
Shortcut

This is sooo sad.... Frown

Yea, it is really unfair for DBKL to not let the owner have a second chance to take back the dog. Frown This is supposed to be a "holy" month for them. In fact, I feel as though it is a month for them to get extra income... FrownFrown

A few weeks back, I heard an announcement that MPSJ was fogging the neighbourhood. I of course, took my pup into the house, hoping that no one would come to check. Lucky there wasn't any.

A few days later, I saw a guy walking around suspicously, looking into my garden... I thought they were checking for aedes and immediately, I took my pup into the house. Lucky, it turned out to be a salesman. Unsure

I work close to 7 days a week some times and it is difficult for me to get the forms and stuff. My parents refuse to get the form because they say it is my responsibility to get the license. Mad *sigh*...

Now, I'm worried and I plead with my dad to go get the thing done... Frown

Anyway, hope that your cousin can find a nice dog at PAWs or SPCA...Smile

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

shlee
Doggyman

Nov 24, 2003, 6:44 AM

Post #12 of 23 (2437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] poor doggy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's unbelievable! i thought DBKL cannot simply catch our dog if the dog is not outside? I was surprised to hear it because all of my dog has no license! Anyway, thanks for the information and i will pay attention for it!

I think DBKL cannot simply put a dog on sleep. They should at least give one to two weeks time to the owner to claim their dog back! It seems like abusing animal! We should complain it or put the pressure on them through newspapers!

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

Gins
Dog Kichi

Nov 24, 2003, 5:37 PM

Post #13 of 23 (2431 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] poor doggy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes....Yes....we should put pressure on them thru the media. How can they do such things?? It is illegal to enter one's compound when there's noone at home. We could report them for say...theft.

Dont know why but they are always emphasising on dog licence...what about cats?? I dont think there is such a licence. Mad Now I am getting worried for my furkids. My very first one, Whisky has one and what a hassle my husband has go thru to get one and to renew it later after one year. We are under the MPAJ area and our fees are RM5 more than the rest. They pay RM10 while ours is RM15. And you have to submit your dog's photo, photocopy of the vaccination card (gotto bring original one along) AND a photo of the owner. You have to made at least 3-4 trips there as the excuses are ....oh....person in charge not around or come back lah...not ready yet. And yet they are all so free, lepaking around. And to renew it the following year....remember to keep the receipt of the previous one!!!! oh....talking about it makes me mad.

I am waiting for next year to submit Jojo's....then the merry go round starts again. Gotto think of something for Bear.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 24, 2003, 5:56 PM

Post #14 of 23 (2429 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gins] poor doggy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah...

So much hassle... Frown...

Yea.. Its an unfair world where we are at now... *sigh*... I'd guess it is because cats don't cause as much problems as dogs? ** Possible **

I'd guess more information is required for this dog license thing. If it weren't for puppy.com, I wouldn't have known about the procedure for getting the license.

Why can't they have a standardized manner of applying for the license? Unimpressed

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

mei84
Novice

Nov 24, 2003, 7:20 PM

Post #15 of 23 (2429 views)
Shortcut

hey,they don't have right to do that.... Once you put the dog in yr house,it mean yr own property!!! In australia, I didn't even go and register my dog,it is because only if you lost yr dog then they will find for u.But i never heard about the craziest thing like this. They put the dog to sleep maybe just because they are so angry that they didn't get the money!!! And none is allow to go to someone house to get the dog and kill the dog...If the dog is on the street,or he bites ppl,then it is another case..They just behave adnormal!!! and silly!!

In Reply To

In Reply To

Even if i didn't see any miracles today, i still believe in Jesus through the word of God(bible)

phoebetee81
Novice

Nov 29, 2003, 6:21 AM

Post #16 of 23 (2403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mei84] poor doggy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, everyone,

as wat mei had shared with us, i guess this is the different between malaysia n other countries in the world...ppl here dun really respect on human rights......sigh......hopefully no more case like this happen againUnsure

p/s: my cousin have no chance to visit the spca till now,coz he works six a week n the spca dun open on the sunday. so, could anybody help him to find a puppy? he prefer a bigger breed..mix breed is ok to him..10s bo!!Wink

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 29, 2003, 6:38 AM

Post #17 of 23 (2401 views)
Shortcut

"...coz he works six a week n the spca dun open on the sunday..."

hi there... if u r referring to SPCA Ampang, they open DAILY, even on sundays and public holidays, from 9am to 4pm.

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

terenceg

Dec 27, 2003, 7:13 PM

Post #18 of 23 (2356 views)
Shortcut

on this matter, u can actually get the guy who wanted the bribe from your cousin and report the matter to the authorities. namely police.

then with the police report, go to DBKL and file for a lawsuit. if no money and don't want stir such a big problem, just show the police report to any HEAD in the department and demand this matter goes public. you'll get either some money (which you will refuse cuz is blackmail money) just make them buy you a new dog. ( demand pure breed with cert)

nothing is impossible dealing with scums.....

~Not All that Glitters is Gold Not All that Wanders is Lost~

terenceg@streamyx.com

shlee
Doggyman

Dec 28, 2003, 6:55 PM

Post #19 of 23 (2345 views)
Shortcut

Ya, i understand how troublesome it is for applying a doggie license. I used to experience it. They asked me to fill up a form (very long form), then they said they need to come to check out my house before approving my application. Besides that, according to the form, there are a lot of rules to follow, like a cage for the dog and etc. Some more, for the "size" of my house, i can only own one dog, which i have actually more than one dog. So end up i give up to apply the license. Btw, sometimes i heard that applying doggie license from other places is more easier. That means there is no std rules for applying the license. It all depends on where you are staying. As for me, i'm staying in Puchong, thus my license should be getting from MPSJ, which is very troublesome!!

I dun think DBKL can put the dogs they catch to sleep just within one day time! Even Puchong Pound will give one week time to the owner to claim back their dog. So, obviously they put the dog to sleep is becoz they can't get any "undertable" money from the owner, so they purposely did that.

Gins
Dog Kichi

Dec 29, 2003, 7:32 PM

Post #20 of 23 (2333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] poor doggy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh...so it's equally difficult in your area. One of friend stays in Wangsa Maju and somehow she managed to buy her license from DBKL in Jln Raja Laut. She has two furkids and each year, her husband just exchange old for new over the counter at RM10 each. So easy....no questions asked. Wink

shlee
Doggyman

Dec 30, 2003, 12:37 AM

Post #21 of 23 (2324 views)
Shortcut

can we apply our doggie license from other places, like Wangsa Maju? Sometimes i feel like doing this, maybe i can apply with different add :)

atom
Novice

Jan 28, 2004, 4:07 PM

Post #22 of 23 (2289 views)
Shortcut

Hi ! Did your cousin adopt a new dog ?
i have a Giant Schnauzer "Mongrel" (very poor background ) looking for resposible owner . He had been abandoned for 3 times since he was 5 weeks old until now days 2 years old ! sops....sops....Frown

phoebetee81
Novice

Jan 28, 2004, 6:42 PM

Post #23 of 23 (2286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [atom] poor doggy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

er...i have no idea whether my cousin has got one or not. i will ask him later.can i has the pic of this poor doggy? 10q very much!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my