Home: Behavioral Problems: Humping Problem:
Humping!!

kasthuri
Novice

Nov 15, 2003, 12:48 AM

Post #1 of 13 (16101 views)
Shortcut
Humping!! Can't Post

My lab retriever has been spayed (abt 2 months back) but the prob is that she keeps wanting to hump!! She does is to me as well as some friends that come over - rather embarassing! Her vet says its normal behavior - not sexual but a sign of dominance. Can someone verify this??

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2003, 2:53 AM

Post #2 of 13 (16093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kasthuri] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your vet is possibly right. One of the reasons a dog humps(be it male or female) is to show signs of dominance.

You could try searching the forum to know more abt this. There hv been many informative discussions on this topic Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

doodle
ALPHA

Dec 27, 2003, 8:56 AM

Post #3 of 13 (16039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kasthuri] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes it makes me wonder too why dogs likes to hump on us so much!
One of our member here has a American Cocker Spaniel who starts humping since he was 3 months old!

My doodle humps on me too but i just push him away and scold him. But now he humps on the dogs from the street.

Wonder why...Tongue

Samuel(ACS)

Mar 4, 2004, 6:38 AM

Post #4 of 13 (15879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha and i guess i am the member... sorry ya long time din online... anyway i agree since my Sam is an active..... hehe

it is a sign of dominance. Wat i did was hold him up tight and looking at him sternly while saying no. After a few months he don't hump me anymore but he still humps at my friend. I think it is a common among dogs and we

will just have to be stern.
Adios
Dan The Dog Man,
Dog Lover....WO..WO..

jooann
Enthusiast

Mar 6, 2004, 7:27 PM

Post #5 of 13 (15863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Samuel(ACS)] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all...

Haha i've recently discovered that my 4 months old shihtzuXterrier humps her teddy bear! She is just slightly bigger than her teddy bear now, and its her 'companion', for her to bite and attack and manja with. Thought i saw her humping it before but it was brief and i couldn't be sure.... but lately i saw more of it... confirmed lah!

Anyway did not reprimand her as she was just showing dominance over her teddybear.... and she has not attempted to hump my hands or legs or anyone else before so its ok.... sometimes when she seems overdoing it then i will tell her no. But even if i don't say a word, when she notices i'm her audience, she will stop wan.... kinda guilty look then she stops.... haha!

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

doodle
ALPHA

Mar 7, 2004, 2:34 AM

Post #6 of 13 (15861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Samuel(ACS)] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

haha!
yup, it's you alright.. how have you been? going for any shows this weekend?

puppy_luver
Novice

Mar 20, 2004, 2:19 PM

Post #7 of 13 (15800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jooann] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey guys,
I know how you feel. My 2 month old puppy just started humpingCrazy a little kid down the street who terrorizes him(lol)Smile. He just wants to tell him "this is my house, and and I'm in charge". It bothered me at first, but he only does it to the boy. This is why it doesn't bother me anymore.
Shelby

jooann
Enthusiast

Mar 20, 2004, 5:26 PM

Post #8 of 13 (15794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [puppy_luver] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehehe... serves the notti boy right! Tongue

As long as your pup doesn't become aggresive towards the boy... Crazy...

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

puppy_luver
Novice

Mar 20, 2004, 5:38 PM

Post #9 of 13 (15793 views)
Shortcut

yeah. he's good with kids thoughWink. even though people pick him up. he only squirms or whines!Smile
Shelby

puppy_luver
Novice

Mar 21, 2004, 9:02 AM

Post #10 of 13 (15787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [puppy_luver] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

nooooo! my dog has tried humping my father and me!!Blush We need to show him exact dominance, and show him the REAL peck order. I hope he learns this soon. This humping has really gotten on my nerves!!Mad

ShelbyUnimpressed
Shelby

michellechen

Jun 23, 2005, 10:47 AM

Post #11 of 13 (14543 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
sometimes when she seems overdoing it then i will tell her no. But even if i don't say a word, when she notices i'm her audience, she will stop wan.... kinda guilty look then she stops.... haha!

Hehe... Tht's SOoo cute... Female also hump??? Din knw tht... Tongue
-michelle-

wenwen
Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2006, 10:40 AM

Post #12 of 13 (13485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [michellechen] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

lolz...my Roccio (silky) humps on my hand too... he chooses my hand to hump rather than my bf's hand...grrrrrrrrrrr....

(wonder if it's bcos he noes tat i'm female so he chooses me..keke)

it get's on my nerves sometimes bt most of the time it's just so farny...everytime he does it i'll jz hold him up n say no to him...

n yeap it's true tat when dogs get tired they hump less... :p

Cindy_a22
Novice

Jul 21, 2006, 6:55 PM

Post #13 of 13 (13164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wenwen] Humping!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All,

Am new here and my 1/1/2 yr old lab does that to me. I asked around and some had advised that his way of dominance and to show that he is the male in the house. But recently I noticed his humping has become sexually.........you know.

Well does anyone have similar experience and how would one solve his sexual advances and needs.
Cindy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my