Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 14, 2003, 8:34 PM

Post #1 of 12 (1412 views)
Shortcut
Test your doggie IQ!! Can't Post

this is adapted from petplace.com

Setting Up the Test

Your dog should be at least a year old before testing him. Treat the exam as a game, so he wants to do it. Each test scores up to three points but there are bonus points.

1. On a day you normally dont walk the dog, quietly pick up your keys, and his leash (and whatever else you usually take with you) while hes watching. If he gets excited, score 3. If you have to walk to the door before he knows it is time to go out, score 2. If he sits there with a confused look on his face, give him 1 point.

Bonus points: If your dog typically lets YOU know when he has to go to the bathroom by bringing you his leash, for instance score 2 extra points for a total of 5 points. If hes mastered the toilet, stop the test. Your dog is a canine version of a brain surgeon.

2. With your dog out of the room, rearrange the furniture. If he goes directly to his favorite spot on the couch the one with his impression in the cushion give him 3 points. If he investigates the room and finds his favorite spot within 30 seconds, give him 2 points. If he settles for a less comfortable place because hes just too lazy to make the effort, score 1 point.

3. Take a large towel and gently throw it over your dogs head. If he manages to extricate himself within 1 to 15 seconds, score 3 points. If it takes 15 to 30 seconds, score 2. If he walks around with it all day, bumping into things, score 1.

Bonus points: If your dog walks around all day with his head covered by the towel and NEVER bumps into anything, give him an extra point. Subtract points from yourself for being so mean as to let your dog go around with a towel on his head.

4. Now were going to test problem-solving ability. With your dog watching, put a treat under a table or chair low enough so your dog can only fit a paw, not his head. If your dog reaches under with a paw and gets the treat within 1 minute, score 3 points. If he uses his muzzle and his paws, score 2 points, whether he gets the treat or not (at least hes trying). If he gives up after using just his muzzle, score 1 point.

Bonus points: If your dog looks at the treat, then at you, then at the treat again, then at you again, score 5 total points. He knows if he looks at you mournfully long enough, youre going to reach under that nasty furniture and get it for him.

5. Another problem-solving test. Construct a barrier from cardboard. The barrier should be higher than your dog when hes on two legs. Attach two boxes to either side as support structures. The entire barrier should be about 5 feet wide. Cut a 3-inch-wide rectangular aperture in the center of the barrier. The aperture should run from about 4-inches from the top to about 4-inches from the bottom.

Give yourself 10 points those were pretty complicated directions! As for the dog, show him a treat from the other side of the barrier. If he walks around the barrier within 30 seconds, give him 3 points. If he goes around the barrier between 30 seconds and a minute, give him 2 points. If he gets his head stuck in the aperture, give him 1 point for trying.

Bonus points: If he goes to someone else in the house and gets a treat, give him 3 points he knows how to get the goodies.

Rating His Intelligence

16 points or higher: Your dog puts Lassie to shame. You should hope to be so smart!

13 to 16 points: Well above average. He isnt going to be designing missiles, but he knows how to get what he wants.

9 to 12 points: Okay, Fido isnt exactly setting the world on fire with brilliance, but hes no slouch. Your dog is comfortably in the middle.

5 to 8 points: Below average is no big deal. A lot of U.S. presidents scored below average too.

1 to 4 points: Definitely not the brightest bulb, but so what? With a dog as cute as yours, who needs smarts?

Less than 1 point: Check for breathing.

tell me your score!!

List of score :

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2003, 9:49 AM

Post #2 of 12 (1394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Test your doggie IQ!! [In reply to] Can't Post

interesting tests.....might be fun to try.....but doesn't really matter if the dog has high IQ or not right? the important thing is he loves you....and you love him too.....

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2003, 3:46 PM

Post #3 of 12 (1393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Test your doggie IQ!! [In reply to] Can't Post

ya, love is more important than anything

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 16, 2003, 11:46 PM

Post #4 of 12 (1388 views)
Shortcut

btw, your kinki is cute~!! Wink

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2003, 5:59 AM

Post #5 of 12 (1383 views)
Shortcut

haha..... wish to see your GR too. why don't you put up his picture?

Pacco de Mongrel

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2003, 6:08 AM

Post #6 of 12 (1381 views)
Shortcut

i wish but i still haven't found scanner yet....no digicam is like this one lah........Crazy

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2003, 6:19 AM

Post #7 of 12 (1380 views)
Shortcut

me also dun have digicam...Frown

but my auntie who come to my house every sunday will bring her digicam along....so i snaps a lot of kinki pic using the camera...Laugh

but kinki seldom look at the camera. always run here run there....don't concentrate at all.Crazy

Pacco de Mongrel

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2003, 6:45 AM

Post #8 of 12 (1379 views)
Shortcut

ahhh.....you good lah.....your aunty has digicam.....but you got a nice pix of her here....she's looking at the camera and looking good too......=)

btw...may i ask how old you are? Tongue

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2003, 7:09 AM

Post #9 of 12 (1378 views)
Shortcut

ah...... this is because she had no energy anymore after running for 15 minutes. i've to wait for so long for her to settle down.

i'm 18. this age is bad... i can no longer keep on asking money from my parents to buy things...
and i'm not working also.... so money really a great problem for me.

Pacco de Mongrel

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2003, 1:25 AM

Post #10 of 12 (1372 views)
Shortcut

hahahahah......at least you still got her photo after she settled down....

yeah....money is a big problem for all of us.....why not get a part time job to earn extra income?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2003, 5:21 PM

Post #11 of 12 (1369 views)
Shortcut

is rather hard, coz i'm a full time student.
during this holiday, i did try to find a job but i dislike being a salesgirl. trying to find an office work.

Pacco de Mongrel

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2003, 8:44 PM

Post #12 of 12 (1364 views)
Shortcut

hahaha....same here....i think being a sales girl is so boring lah.......CrazyCrazy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my