First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Nov 12, 2003, 11:39 PM

Post #1 of 48 (4897 views)
Shortcut
show training and obedience training? Can't Post

hi guys,

i am rather curious a bit about the training for show dogs..i have a pup which is only 2 months old..and i plan to show her once her vaccination is all done..and ive been told that if i wanna show my dog preferbably dont send her to obedience training as they will tend to train her to sit a lot and tht will be a problem when she is in the show ring where she will tend to sit and not stack properly..is that true? ive just enrolled her to the obedience training organize by MKA starting in january..what are the important things that i need to teach her apart from stacking her and not biting on her leash while she walks..im reallly new to all these showing thingy..Crazy and then if anyone knows whether i can cancel my obedience class reg and get back deposit if i dont want?hmm..aall of u 'sifu' out there pls help..kinda confused now...Unsure
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2003, 11:48 PM

Post #2 of 48 (4895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] show training and obedience training? [In reply to] Can't Post

hie.......i did obedience for my girl...and i have no problems with her sitting down or wat not during the show ring...

infact...after enrolling her to the obedience class

i found that shes more better in the ring......i just ask her to stand n stay....

shes better bahved in the ring tooWink

its just my opinion

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 13, 2003, 1:05 AM

Post #3 of 48 (4889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] show training and obedience training? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

yea, shouldn't be much of a problem.. coz at the class they don't only teach sit, but also stand and stay as well. so like joanne mentioned u can apply the stand and stay command if u wish to stack ur dog in the show ring. would be much easier if compared with ur dog having no understanding of the command

if your dog can master the stand command well, it certainly help a lot in the show ring. and i also doubt that you'll be able to get a refund :/

cassie
Dog Kichi

Nov 13, 2003, 4:12 AM

Post #4 of 48 (4883 views)
Shortcut

You can try checking out www.yourpurebredpuppy.com
It has an ebook on training.Its called teach your 100 english words but I have not tried it out because Im still printing it out.Wish you luck on training your dog.

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Nov 13, 2003, 6:48 AM

Post #5 of 48 (4875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] show training and obedience training? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi joling,

well i was thinking obedience might help as she is a monster now..hehehe..i only managed to teach her the command sit in 1 week..and thts all she knew at this point...thanks for your opinion and appreciate it very much..they teach stand also in obedience.?..i tot only sit, heel, come and stay...oh yah one more thing..sorry ahh so many questionsSmile . she's 2 months now and tot of exposing her to the show ring as early as possible to get her used to it..the next show will be on 14 dec in penang as i know..i have in mind to bring her to have fun n try it out but do u think it will be a bit stressful for the little pup? oh by the way...u show CKCS right?...anyway sorry ahh for asking so many questions..ehhee..Smile
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 13, 2003, 11:04 AM

Post #6 of 48 (4868 views)
Shortcut

yea obedience would help lar!..so i say..GO ahead n enrol!

minimum age to show is 3 months........we have shown pups at 3 months..

no problem..dun think its too stressfull.they seem fine after traveling to penang lah ipoh lah melaka lar1

infact...some of them enjoy it

ehhehe.......! so just show n enjoy loh!..nothing wna mar..!

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Nov 13, 2003, 6:26 PM

Post #7 of 48 (4859 views)
Shortcut

hey thanks a lot of answering ya...welll will try to make it to the next show..hmm..wahhh got a lot of preparation to do lor....train train n train her to stand....ehhehe..u know where in penang will the show be held?..ive just signed up to be a MKA member and have signed up too for the obedience class starting in january...but where do u guys normally stay ahh when its an outstation show example this coming one in penang?..got hotels allowed dog's inmeh? day trip will be quite tiring lorrr..anyway thanks again ya for 'ma fan' u...ehhehe...

PiggyThePug
Novice

Nov 13, 2003, 10:23 PM

Post #8 of 48 (4854 views)
Shortcut

I haven't entered any of the show competition but to my understanding, normally, MKA will arrange with the local hotel whenever there is show... If I m not mistaken, it will be in Vistana for Penang.

The show in Penang this coming Dec 14, I heard that it will be held in Pisa - Bayan Baru.
Crazy Crazy Crazy
I don't have dog. The Pug in my house owns me.

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Nov 13, 2003, 11:16 PM

Post #9 of 48 (4847 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PiggyThePug] show training and obedience training? [In reply to] Can't Post

hiiii.

well thanks for ur info...hmm..guess it will be better to stay a night there rather than travelling back...to n fro very susah lah...hopefully we could make it lah...if there's accomodation available..will check it out with MKA

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 14, 2003, 3:58 AM

Post #10 of 48 (4839 views)
Shortcut

this time in penang show its held in the geosidic dome in komtar....

usually we stay in aurora court in jln burma..they accept dogsWink

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Nov 14, 2003, 9:15 AM

Post #11 of 48 (4829 views)
Shortcut

Dear JolinG,

The hotel u booked by own or book through MKA? I would like to join this Penang show if got hotel sllowed my dogs! by the way, normally when u'll go on sat. / sun?

regards,
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

PiggyThePug
Novice

Nov 14, 2003, 5:59 PM

Post #12 of 48 (4826 views)
Shortcut

BlushSorry for the wrong info given earlier Tongue. Received the entry form yesterday and the vanue is actually at:

GEODESIC DOME, KOMTAR, Jalan Penang, PENANG
Crazy Crazy Crazy
I don't have dog. The Pug in my house owns me.

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 14, 2003, 11:27 PM

Post #13 of 48 (4818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] show training and obedience training? [In reply to] Can't Post

book ourself loh!Wink i'll go 1 day b4 the show

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 15, 2003, 12:01 AM

Post #14 of 48 (4815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cassie] show training and obedience training? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cassie,

Wah, you bought it online arr?? can share with me arrr....hehehhee

i'm a bit broke la...spend so much on my furkid...we share the cost of the ebook la...can arr...kekeke

mail me la at chrkon

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Nov 15, 2003, 12:14 AM

Post #15 of 48 (4814 views)
Shortcut

hi joling,

which hotel have u booked? u have the contact?..and wht is the rate?..if u dont mind pls provide me with the full details..ehehee..thank u ahhhSmile

cassie
Dog Kichi

Nov 15, 2003, 9:43 AM

Post #16 of 48 (4805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] show training and obedience training? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Rebooto

I don't know if i can la.I have to ask my father first since he bought it.Tongue:-[

Cassie

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 15, 2003, 6:22 PM

Post #17 of 48 (4797 views)
Shortcut

kkkkkSmileSmile

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

cassie
Dog Kichi

Nov 15, 2003, 7:32 PM

Post #18 of 48 (4791 views)
Shortcut

Hi rebooto
Your in luck WinkMy father agreed so i'm sending you the book.Cool

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 17, 2003, 5:47 PM

Post #19 of 48 (4770 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cassie,

Ohh geeee, am i really than in luck...WinkWinkWinkWinkWink i think i need to spend ur dad yum cha...hahahaha SmileSmileSmile

erm..how u gonna send to me leh??? how big is the book??

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

cassie
Dog Kichi

Nov 17, 2003, 9:50 PM

Post #20 of 48 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Hi rebooto,
I'll e-mail it to you.The book is 336 pg thick.TongueTongueTongueTongueWink

Cassie

(This post was edited by cassie on Nov 17, 2003, 9:51 PM)

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 17, 2003, 10:45 PM

Post #21 of 48 (4755 views)
Shortcut

aiya...so many pages arr..i scare my yahoo a/c pecah la...i got only 6 meg of storage leh...Shocked

ehh, sorry ahh..i check mail oredi loh...but seems nothing 1..

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

(This post was edited by rebooto on Nov 17, 2003, 10:56 PM)

cassie
Dog Kichi

Nov 17, 2003, 11:37 PM

Post #22 of 48 (4750 views)
Shortcut

Hi rebooto
I sent it with an attachmentCrazyCrazyCrazynever mind i'll send it again

Cassie

(This post was edited by cassie on Nov 18, 2003, 12:02 AM)

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 12:09 AM

Post #23 of 48 (4743 views)
Shortcut

thx a lotWinkWink

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 19, 2003, 12:23 AM

Post #24 of 48 (4733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cassie.rebooto] show training and obedience training? [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you guys hv Adobe Acrobat Reader?

Can u please please please send it to me? pleeaasssseee?

Coz i bought that e-book a while back,before my com was upgraded and now I don't hv adobe acrobat reader for quite some time now?

Could u please e-mail the programme to reality_dreamer69@hotmail.com

please..

thanks in advance =)
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 19, 2003, 12:25 AM

Post #25 of 48 (4731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto,cassie] show training and obedience training? [In reply to] Can't Post

,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Nov 19, 2003, 12:34 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my