Potty Training my Wierd Shi Tzu

aaronkok
New User

Nov 12, 2003, 6:20 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1894 views)
Shortcut
Potty Training my Wierd Shi Tzu Can't Post

Elo guys,

I'm New here.. Just got a Shih Tzu last week. Born on 10th August 2003. Got him off a add on the web.

Well he has tick fever now, but doc says should be okay. He's on some medication and is still active, but loves to sleep and and "lepak" when no one is playing with him.

Now i have some "issues" he doesn't show the normal sign when he wants to do his business. No sniffing, no circling. What to do??? Should i scold him when he does his business not in the toilet. I try not too. I'm following the crate training. During the night he sleeps in his crate. Then in the morning we let him go into the toilet to finish his business. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't.

What can do i?

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 12, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aaronkok] Potty Training my Wierd Shi Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Aaron,

Congrats on your new pup !

One advise is to do a search in this forum on the word : housebreaking

You'll definitely find lots of answer there especially one post by surchinmy which I believe would proves to be useful for u.

For young pups they do not really do the circling thingy first. Give some patience in training him... remember to take him to the loo ever hour (before and after eating too) or so as he is still young and yet to be able to tahan the pee lar.

Good luck in your potty training ya !

cheers,
minglmy

paulynn
ALPHA

Nov 14, 2003, 5:55 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1872 views)
Shortcut

hi aaron,congrats on ur new pup!Well one thing's for sure is that u can't scold ur ST for that because he wouldn't know the reason why u're scolding him unless u caught him on the spot.Not scold but firmly say no should be better. Check out housebreaking like what minglmy mentioned earlier.U might get heaps of infos from there. Good luck!

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 14, 2003, 10:03 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1866 views)
Shortcut

Hi Hi,

A Warm Welcome to this informative forum...

Well, you can get lots of information....like minglmy said...just do a search...you'll find a lot ways on how to trained your Shih Tzu...

hmmm i'm a bit curious which website that you got the ads from.....mind telling me???

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Nov 15, 2003, 12:11 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1859 views)
Shortcut

Hey,

Welcome to the club. Hehehe......u got ur shih tzu right? Why not add your name onto the shih tzu list? Is at the breed specific group > utility group.

On the training issue, why not when they almost wanted to pee or poo try carry them onto the correct place? They'll remember it. I hope so. That's what i do with my shih tzu.

aaronkok
New User

Nov 15, 2003, 3:41 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1854 views)
Shortcut

Sigh,,,

Really testing my patience. he refuses to do his business in the toilet. Prefers to sleep instead of crappin. He prefers to do heis business in the hall. I have tried carrying, scolding, coaxing..... sighhhhhhhhhh

I bought some spray thingie and it doesn't work. I have followed everything the last post mentions. Nothing happens.. even worst now.

oh yeah, my friend forwarded me this site with the ad.

(This post was edited by aaronkok on Nov 15, 2003, 3:42 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my