Novice

Oct 19, 2002, 7:12 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1408 views)
Shortcut
can anyone gim me so tips??? Can't Post

i just interest to have a dog.
i prefer pekingese.
how to choose a nice pekingese???
is that pure pekingese is better than mix pekingese.
can anyone tell me where to buy??
most of them say buy from home stay is better than pet shop. why???
i stay in kl, which places have alot of pets to choose??

alicia
Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2002, 10:36 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chingwei_1999] can anyone gim me so tips??? [In reply to] Can't Post

It is better to buyu a puppy from a breeder/ home stay because you can see it's parents. You can also if it was well treated before you got it and you can ask about what it was fed etc and ascertain it's health. Puppies from pet shops are likely to be from puppy mills where the dogs are kept mrerly for breeding and generating profit. As responsible pet owners, we are trying to stop puppy mills. The best way is NOT to buy from pet shops.

Please try to get you dog from a breeder. As for whether it is better to have a purebred dog, it depends on you. I have a mongrel (found in a street) and a Maltese (from a breeder). Each are wonderful but the Maltese is higher in maintainance while the mongrel is relatively cheaper. You are also able to predict size and temperament to a certain extent when you get a pedigree while the mongrels can be anything from shy to boiterous, timid to dominant.

Good luck in choosing a dog. I don't know any Pekingese breeders but I know that you shound definitely avoid pet shops.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

chingwei_1999
Novice

Oct 21, 2002, 6:55 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] can anyone gim me so tips??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Very thannk you Miss alicia, i was dissapointed that i have bought a dog for my girlfriend. she is a collegues and unlucky is i have paid deposit on the dog but most of her housemate refused her to rare a dog in house..her housemates are girls too. dont all girls like dogs??? i have to bear the loss of the dog...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my