Poodle gang

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2003, 11:22 PM

Post #1 of 92 (28994 views)
Shortcut
Poodle gang Can't Post

Hi ppl just wanna keep an inventory of poodles in puppy.com since they have one for most breeds...

Can be a miniature or toy...mine is a miniature name LAdee.. do continue the list in this method...

Dogs name/ breed(miniature or toy)/ age/ colour/ gender/ location

Ladee/ miniatute poodle/ 8months/ brown/ female/ PJ, S'gor

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 23, 2003, 6:12 AM

Post #2 of 92 (28977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] Poodle gang [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember I told you that my friend has 3 poodles? Here I ask her for a photo to be posted here... Do email her then at futuristic8@yahoo.com.. From the photos left to right Jersey (son), Jesper (son) and Jordan (father)... By the way her name is also Fiona... Fiona (VicFion)
Attachments: friendpoodlescopy.jpg (42.8 KB)

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 25, 2003, 11:49 AM

Post #3 of 92 (28972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] Poodle gang [In reply to] Can't Post

HISmile

Thanks for taking the trouble to get the pic...the doggies looks cute..I'll e-mail soon...have been buzy....

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 26, 2003, 7:49 AM

Post #4 of 92 (28966 views)
Shortcut

It is ok since we are all have the same kind of interest and love... Dogs... just maybe different breeds Smile.. I thought you might be interested in getting to know her since you have asked for Poodles gang... Update me too even we have the different breed... Fiona

ymon
Novice

Dec 1, 2003, 4:56 PM

Post #5 of 92 (28950 views)
Shortcut

Hi, we got our toy poodle a months ago. We were choosing between a Shit Tzu or a poodle, and we chosed the poodle because poodle was rated by AKC ranked No.2 in obedient (or smart?). But after a month, our poodle still doesn't listen to a simple comment like "SIT".Crazy Compare to our Rotweiler, she is really a naught girl. Blush

Angel/ Toy poodle/ 5.5 month/ female/ apricot/ KL

mei84
Novice

Dec 1, 2003, 5:52 PM

Post #6 of 92 (28948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ymon] Poodle gang [In reply to] Can't Post

hey,who is the top 1 smart or obedient dog according to AKC then? can u please tell me? I have a poodle and i feel like he is the most clever dog and he is so clever.........
Even if i didn't see any miracles today, i still believe in Jesus through the word of God(bible)

mei84
Novice

Dec 1, 2003, 5:55 PM

Post #7 of 92 (28948 views)
Shortcut

my poodle

snowy/miniature/2 yrs/black/male/australia
Even if i didn't see any miracles today, i still believe in Jesus through the word of God(bible)

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 2, 2003, 1:20 AM

Post #8 of 92 (28941 views)
Shortcut

Hey there!

I also own a toy poodle named Cherry. She's 1 year 8 months old.

Poodle is a very intelligent and obedient dog. She catchs up things very fast and never stuborn.

Maybe you need to be more patient with her/him. BTW, where did you get her?

Melissa

Cherry/Toy poodle/1 year 8 months/apricot/female/SK, Selangor

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 2, 2003, 1:25 AM

Post #9 of 92 (28941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mei84] Poodle gang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi There

finally we have a male poodle Tongue. Can you upload another pic as the existing one is quite blur?

snowy/miniature/2 yrs/black/male/australia

Cherry/Toy poodle/1 year 8 months/apricot/female/SK, Selangor

ladee_m
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2003, 1:37 AM

Post #10 of 92 (28938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa] Poodle gang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi you allSmile

I am really glad this gang is growing... hope to meet you guys some day together with youe doggies...

Poodles are really smart... and yes they rank second most intelligent dog after the border collies... my Ladee learn to sit when she was 7 weeks... and know how to go home when asked at the same age... you just got to be really patient and spent lotsa time with your doggie... now there is a whole lot she can do but can get bored with the tricks...

1. Ladee/ miniatute/ 8months/ brown/ female/ PJ, S'gor
  2. Angel/ Toy poodle/ 5.5 month/ apricot/ female/ KL
  3. Snowy/ miniature/ 2 yrs/ black/ male/ australia
  4. Cherry/ Toy poodle/1 year 8 months/ apricot/female/SK, Selangor

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 2, 2003, 7:00 PM

Post #11 of 92 (28932 views)
Shortcut

Ya, I totally agree with you. My cocker is also very intelliegent but she's a bit sturburn compare to poodle (fiona, sorry for the statement).

I used to like to train doggies by my own. My Gigi learned a lot of tricks like roll over, sit, down, sleep, crawl, sit still, shake hands, change hands, retrieve toys and a lot more. But this lazy owner loses her patience and only able to train Cherry on basic things. She knows lesser tricks than Gigi Unsure

mei84
Novice

Dec 3, 2003, 7:42 PM

Post #12 of 92 (28930 views)
Shortcut

i have the pic and the memory is too big and when i make it small,it become blurr.....How u all post yr pic?

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 3, 2003, 9:46 PM

Post #13 of 92 (28926 views)
Shortcut

You can use microsoft photo editor or the similar software to reduce the size accepted by puppy.com before you could upload it.

If you need my help to reduce the size, you can send to melissa_cfam@yahoo.com, I can help you to do it Smile

So, are you staying in Kedah right now?

mei84
Novice

Dec 4, 2003, 3:15 AM

Post #14 of 92 (28923 views)
Shortcut

hey, u also have cocker spaniel? i also like cocker spaniel.. they look really cute.....Before my snowy, i have a cocker spaniel and he really look nice..It is the english cocker spaniel..The only thing is he is not toilet trained and he will always bite the thing in the house and we can't kept it anymore, so we have to give to someone else.......
But i really miss him a lot........Thinking to go to malaysia to get cocker spaniel.........
Anyway,i am so lucky that i still have a poodle.......

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 4, 2003, 7:26 PM

Post #15 of 92 (28919 views)
Shortcut

Hey there,

Glad to hear that we have the same interest, cocker and poodle Wink!

My English Cocker Spaniel is well toilet trained since she's a pup. She will only pee & poo on the toilet that I have prepared with newspaper. She won't go to other toilets that without newspaper (very smart girl).

She used to have 8 toys and she can differentiate each toy very well (I gave the toy with different name). She never get me a wrong toy, she's very intelligent.

I like cocker so much is because of their long ears but she's giving me hard time as she sheds a lot whereas poodle is non-shed Unsure.

Basically, both of them are my babies and they are my daughthers Tongue

So, r u studying in Australia? So your little furkid is in Australia too?

mei84
Novice

Dec 4, 2003, 7:39 PM

Post #16 of 92 (28919 views)
Shortcut

hey,yes, my lil poodle is in australia....Planning to get cocker spaniel when i am going back to malaysia and i am going back soon!!! Tomorrow!!! Howm uch u bought yr cocker spaniel for?

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2003, 12:02 AM

Post #17 of 92 (28916 views)
Shortcut

Glad to hear that you will be coming back to your homeland so we could meet each other in one of the puppy.com's gathering in the near future Wink

So, you bring your snowy back to Kedah as well?

Gigi, my ECS has no cert so she costs me RM750 only and she was displayed in the pet shop. I almost lost her as she was a sick pup Unsure.

Do a good research before you proceed to buy a pup. Best to buy a MKA registered and healthy pup from a reputable breeder. But since you are staying in Kedah, not sure if there is any breeder over there. But you may like to ask Fiona, the cocker lover she may be able to assist you.

One thing I would like to highlight to you is that, cockers do shed and make noise (not accessive). They're hyper active and need a lot of exercises. Cockers need to be bathed at least once a week as they have mild body odor. You may not find all these from a poodle. My husband says I'm crazy as I always said Gigi has a very good odor smell Crazy

Wow, I can't imaging if one day we can meet up with each other, countless thing that we can talk leh, poodle lah, cocker lah heheheTongue

Have a pleasant flight back to Malaysia and welcome home!

ladee_m
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 2:21 AM

Post #18 of 92 (28912 views)
Shortcut

Hi Melissa & Mei,

Just wanna share my experience... it is true that one have to really source for a good, responsible and reputable too here in M'sia coz there are many puppy mills here now...

but about the registration, I am not too sure... a cert only records the linage of the doggie but wether it is of good health and if it is really pedigree is of real question... there are many ppl who have doggie with cert but the doggie looks different from what they claim it to beCrazy... no offence but there are breeder out there who do such thing as faking the cert...it is not as if MKA sends ppl to inspect the doggie during the mating and when the female doggie gives birthUnsure...

But about researching the market and getting to know more about the local breeder before getting the breed of doggie you want is really important so that you won't be heart broken later nad not be cheated...

mei84
Novice

Dec 5, 2003, 3:56 AM

Post #19 of 92 (28911 views)
Shortcut

Yr poodle looks cute!! I going back to malaysia tomorrow!! so happy...BTW, i am doing pharmacy degree and today the result come out and i pass all the unit,so happy.just to share with you all bout my happiness...
but the way,where r u staying? somewhere north? before that i have english cocker spaniel before,but he is not toilet trained so we( me and my bf) give it away..Feel so sad now after giving him away!! maybe just because my bf mom always complain the dog drops hair,and not toilet trained.I am so depressed of that,anyway i am so regret to give him away,so i have to find a dog that didn't drop hair to stop them from being complain,so i have poodle....I live with them together.......Now, i just don't care anymore....i will protect my poodle forever....I still miss the cocker spaniel very much!!

xyne
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 6:33 PM

Post #20 of 92 (28905 views)
Shortcut

hi hi!...

i just wondered if you stay in DJ??
Your furkid looks familiar.. so cute!

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 12:17 AM

Post #21 of 92 (28901 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Mary Anne

u r right, it is very important to find a responsible breeder. Some breeders breed the dogs merely for money and they don't even think if the pups that come out are of good quality (that's why a MKA registered labrador may look like a mongrel and I have seen this before).

I'm glad that all of us here own a healthy furkid Wink

ladee_m
Doggyman

Dec 6, 2003, 2:43 AM

Post #22 of 92 (28897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Poodle gang [In reply to] Can't Post

HISmile

Thanks for the compliments of LadeeWink...I do not live in DJ but I do bring Ladee to many places and there is a friend whom I visits around that area...

ladee_m
Doggyman

Dec 6, 2003, 2:55 AM

Post #23 of 92 (28896 views)
Shortcut

Hi MelissaSmile

Glad there is someone out there who share the same viewWink... not only Lab looks funny but many other breeds mainly shih tzu and golden... the look is one thing... the health problems is another issue... I know some friends who have to suffer the traumatic expirience of watching their furrie kids die of some kindda health problems... nad they just cannot do anything coz the damage was done since birth or worst during they were in their mummy's wombFrown... that is why many ppl in this forum will always tell ppl who are looking for new pups to look carefully... the pet shop is a big NO and breeders have to be scand carefully... sometimes it is just luck too..

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #24 of 92 (28895 views)
Shortcut

Congrate Sly!

I'm staying in Selangor.

So, I guess your snowy will come back to Malaysia with you in the same flight Tongue.

My own experience and other ppl told me that cocker does shed. Especially my Gigi, the cocker does shed a lot. Her fur is on my bed, my pillow, my TV, my clothes and everyway. I have to vacuum everything to get rid of the fur Unsure.

If you really want to get a one and you are going to stay with other ppl that doesn't like the fur, you may need to re-consider again. Reconsideration doesn't mean that you have to give it up but you may need to prepare a place for the pup to satisfy both party Tongue . Good luck to you!

Currently I'm staying with my parent in law. I'm having the same problem too Pirate. But pretty soon I'm going to move out to a new house soon Sly. But this time, my new house is well planned and I'm going to restrict some areas that they can't enter in order to reduce excessive fur. She will be able to walk around the living hall but not my bedroom anymore. I have special converted the maid room to become her room so I hope she will feel comfortable although she's not allow to sleep with me anymore.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2003, 8:20 AM

Post #25 of 92 (28892 views)
Shortcut

Hi ymon...

can I see some pics on your darling Angel....

my email add is ladee_m@hotmail.com

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my