Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Breed Specific: Utility Group:
Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club Specialty (Japan)

robee
Dog Kichi

Nov 8, 2003, 6:13 PM

Post #1 of 18 (4300 views)
Shortcut
Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club Specialty (Japan) Can't Post

Just some pixs I told in Japan to share with MS fanciers.

Despite the heavy rain and foggy weather, we managed to have lotsa fun and of cos some pixs to share with u. The judge is Landis Hirstein or Lanny as I call him. It was really nice meeting up with Lanny and Penny (MS breeder for 45 yrs), and Sumiko

Just some pictures to share (most are self explanatory)

Getting Ready the MS

Look at me so handsome

Last Round of Inspection (BISS and BOS)

Penny's Grooming Seminar

Wht's better than two miniature schnauzer? Three miniature schnauzers!

(This post was edited by robee on Nov 8, 2003, 6:17 PM)

robee
Dog Kichi

Nov 8, 2003, 6:13 PM

Post #2 of 18 (4296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robee] Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club (Japan) [In reply to] Can't Post

Sumiko's Kennel, www.sunshine-dog.com

Entrace to Sunshine Kennel

Lotsa MS!

Well Equipped Kennel......

A Foggy Morning - Balcony from Cypress Hayama

Dinner with Penny, Lanny, Sumiko, and breeder from Korea - A nice italian resturant near the hotel

Tsukiji Fish Market - Giant Tuna Auction - AWESOME!!! so big!!

This fresh giant tuna weights and costs tons! bigger thn me....

At Petcity

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 9, 2003, 4:44 PM

Post #3 of 18 (4285 views)
Shortcut

Hi Veron!

Thks (Arigato?) for posting up the pics here! How different is a speciality show compared to an all breed thingy.. Different classes?

For this Shonan MS speciality show, were there a lot of entries. Here in Malaysia, you need at least 40 exhibits to hold a speciality show. The MS are sooo handsome. And the Sunshine Kennel runs and courtyard are soo clean. Typical Japanese.. But won't it get cold and wet from the weather?

Hmmnn..the tuna does look big don't they? However, I recall from a TV documentary that the size has decreased compared to like 0-15 years ago. However, until I saw how big the tuna fish was, I've always imagine them like sardines cos' the tuna I ate always comes in cans. Nowadays, I prefer them raw (sushi)..yum yum.Smile

So how long was your trip? And who looked after your Charlie's Angels while you're away? Pls give a nice belly rub to your 3 lovely girls Bee, Ba and Tin.

Rdgs Arthur

edser

Nov 11, 2003, 4:52 AM

Post #4 of 18 (4269 views)
Shortcut

Oh yes, I do agree with aRTHUR. dOMO !! Very interesting photograpgh and memories that you shared with us. So many beautiful MS!! Look kind of tiny!!!!! hmmm Oh look at their muzzles and the environment...Kind of hoping that maybe we could be there???? How often they have this event?

Maybe we could make a trip down one day!!! Beautiful , aren't they???

Hi arthur.. how are your puppies???

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

robee
Dog Kichi

Nov 11, 2003, 5:10 AM

Post #5 of 18 (4268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club (Japan) [In reply to] Can't Post

The difference is all MS, and of cos more classes comparing to Singapore show. Very well set up and such high standard, dnt think any shows i attended come near that. I must attend a national specialty in US.

There are around 70 dogs. It is raining, it is windy, even I feel cold, i guess I must kudos to the exhibitors for their sportmanship.

It is very expensive to travel to Japan, let alone for dog shows. The transportation and accommodation alone can kill. Lucky the experience is worth all the effort:) hee hee the tuna, was reali big, i didn't expect tht.. imagine it longer thn me:)

My trip was pretty short, 4 days, jst for show and meeting lanny, short but fun:) learn so much stuff:) cn't go too long, i was like in tioman for diving the wk before, my gals are complainin, why wkend mummy and daddy always MIA:) my mother in law came over to stay with them.

robee
Dog Kichi

Nov 11, 2003, 5:11 AM

Post #6 of 18 (4267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edser] Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club (Japan) [In reply to] Can't Post

i believe it is a yearly event. Or u cn go to the US, they hv three national specialty a year:) nice MS they hv:) i like the weather actuali:) hee hee.....

Reinette
Novice

Dec 3, 2003, 11:45 PM

Post #7 of 18 (4224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robee] Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club Specialty (Japan) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Robee

Do you have the names of the winning dogs? Would love to know who they were and where they came from!

Regards

Reinette

arthur
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 5:59 AM

Post #8 of 18 (4205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reinette] Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club Specialty (Japan) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Reinette,

Couldnt help but admire your MS avatar pic. Is that one of yours? She's a beauty! Smile Have been to your beautiful country sometime back in 1996. Spent a wonderful 10days in Cape Town, Kyshna and Langarbaan (Pardon the errors in spelling..)

How are the Mini Schnauzers in South Africa? Are they primarily from US or European lines?

Rdgs Arthur

Reinette
Novice

Dec 15, 2003, 10:45 PM

Post #9 of 18 (4176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club Specialty (Japan) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur

Thanks! She is Ch (USA and SA) Adamis Made In The USA bred by John Constantine in America and owned by Cherry Foss in South Africa. All our dogs are from the USA and if you would like to have a look on our website at http://www.minischnauzer.co.za you can check out our other dogs Smile.

I have just finished a summary of all the happenings in Mini Schnauzers in South Africa in 2002/2003 which will be published on the Simply Schnauzer website (http://www.simplyschnauzer.net) in the Mini Magazine in the next week or so. Lots of photos and stats of all the dogs (other kennels included) exhibited in SA in the last two years. There are a couple of European dogs from kennels like Rezlark and Hofjaru and English kennels like Wellingly and Lichstone but most of the dogs are from America or Canada.

We live about 80 km's from Johannesburg but we make a point of going to the Cape at least once a year as it is truly one of the most beautiful places in the world!! Glad you enjoyed it! Smile

Regards

Reinette

arthur
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 4:55 AM

Post #10 of 18 (4169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reinette] Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club Specialty (Japan) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Reinette,

Wow..nice website and soooo many beautiful MS to drool over..my keyboard is already wet..Sly

We have some nice US imports here in Malaysia as well. Others are from Taiwan, Hongkong, even Brazil. So we get to see a range of MS breedings. From the stocky American lines to the slimer Taiwanese lines. The highest placing a MS got in the Malaysian shows is the Reserve Best in Show recently this year. We were all quite estatic about this good news.Smile

There are some MS imports from Risepark kennel in Singapore. All have nice natural ears!

Thanks for posting up the links. I find them informative. Will check out the Simply Schnauzer website for your article soon.

Heard that there's a cable car ride now at the cape of good hope. Last time, everyone had to walk! Saw my 1st whale during my visit there. Amazing! Still have very nice memories of my trip there.

Rdgs Arthur

robee
Dog Kichi

Dec 16, 2003, 6:21 AM

Post #11 of 18 (4164 views)
Shortcut

Hi Reinette,

Sorry for the late reply. The BOS name is in Japanese, can't figure that out.

BIS: CH Joker Land's Heart Bleaker FCI (Sire: Int Am Ch Awesome's Repitition's Obenezer, Dam: CH Star Eleven JP's Sentimental Journey)

BOS: Name in Japanese (Sire: CH Magical Kids JP Nice Hitter, Dam: Agile of Bremen Iwahara JP)

I bet you remember this bitch which is now with Risepark, AM/SA CH Adamis Supernatural Sly

Nice meeting you via cyberspace. My name is Veron from Singapore. Wld love to know more about the MS in South Africa.

robee
Dog Kichi

Dec 16, 2003, 6:24 AM

Post #12 of 18 (4163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club Specialty (Japan) [In reply to] Can't Post

CoolWink

In Reply To

There are some MS imports from Risepark kennel in Singapore. All have nice natural ears!

uncle arthur Blush, thr's only one risepark dog in Singapore lah.. n i happened to be the lucky slave to her........... SlyWinkSmile

Reinette
Novice

Jan 9, 2004, 2:39 AM

Post #13 of 18 (4135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robee] Shonan Miniature Schnauzer Club Specialty (Japan) [In reply to] Can't Post

Trixie :-) She is now Am/SA/UK Champion Adamis Supernatural and No 1 Miniature Schnauzer in the UK for 2003!

I am adding two photos, the first one taken in SA when we were showing her here and the second one taken recently in the UK.

Enjoy!
Attachments: Trixiekusaclassic2.jpg (20.8 KB)

Reinette
Novice

Jan 9, 2004, 2:42 AM

Post #14 of 18 (4133 views)
Shortcut

here is the second photo:

(This post was edited by Reinette on Jan 9, 2004, 2:44 AM)
Attachments: TrixieRichmond03.jpg (62.9 KB)

robee
Dog Kichi

Jan 9, 2004, 3:36 AM

Post #15 of 18 (4128 views)
Shortcut

thanks for sharing... Wink

Reinette
Novice

Jan 9, 2004, 4:29 AM

Post #16 of 18 (4126 views)
Shortcut

If you would like to see more photos of Minis in SA, I made a summary of all the achievements with photos of some of the dogs at http://www.minischnauzer.co.za/Minimag2002.htm

This is for the year 2002. Will let you know when 2003 is available Smile.

Regards

Reinette

(This post was edited by Reinette on Jan 9, 2004, 4:44 AM)

robee
Dog Kichi

Jan 9, 2004, 6:22 AM

Post #17 of 18 (4122 views)
Shortcut

thanks for the link, it is very informative. Please let me know when 2003 is available:)

benteoh
Novice

Jan 13, 2004, 6:09 AM

Post #18 of 18 (4110 views)
Shortcut

Trixie was posted in the AMSC -L list. And it is a very good achievement for a Mini Schnauzer. I hope more dogs of our breed are being campaign this way so that our breed get more recognition and establish to be among the top in the dog kingdom!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my