Best in Show - DVD title

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 24, 2002, 12:07 AM

Post #26 of 33 (978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

Couch potato dogs! Those Border Collies must have made quite a sight! lol. My dogs never really bother with the TV. Animal Planet does a lot of re-runs now, so it's getting boring. Can't wait for the new season of dog shows Smile. I used to love the agility competitions!They don't show it anymore though.

-= Tisha =-

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2002, 1:22 AM

Post #27 of 33 (976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes i remember the agility comp show....it was fabulous! It was after Breed All About It and i think they also showed the comformation show back to back....just too bad they didn't continue with it....i think i've seen each episode of Battersea at least twice some even 3 or 4 times!

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2002, 2:58 AM

Post #28 of 33 (974 views)
Shortcut

I heard from my hubby (who is campaigning not to have Animal Planet when we move to our own house) that the Agility was on AXN and not animal planet channel... does anyone know?

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2002, 7:08 AM

Post #29 of 33 (971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't know that....is it still on? I also remember watching a show in one of the sports channel....it's about outdoor games for humans but sometimes they also show humans and dogs competition....seen the agility part and also the retrieving games whereby the owner will be at the end of a pier and they yell for their dog to run towards the water and the owner wud throw a rubber duck as far as possible into the water and the dog has to leap as far as it can....it's like long jumps for the dogs heheh...the furthest dog wins.

Why no animal planet? Unsure

(This post was edited by ginl on Nov 24, 2002, 7:09 AM)

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2002, 7:32 AM

Post #30 of 33 (968 views)
Shortcut

no animal planet coz then we would fight for the tv ... he likes football, not animal stuff Crazy

he says i will never watch animal planet.

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 25, 2002, 7:26 PM

Post #31 of 33 (964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Luckey,

Yeah, got that video tape two months ago.. watched it I think more than 10 times already.. I don't show my dog currently, snuffy is too naughty and don't think she will make a good show dog. But for the new pup, will have to see if his physical appearance is fit for showing? How do we train our dog for show anyway? Is there any special training beside the normal obedience training?

Regards,
KBS

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 25, 2002, 7:27 PM

Post #32 of 33 (963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisachew] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Lisa,

I ordered the tape over the web. Just goto discovery channel website and there is link to animal planet from there.

Regards,
KBS

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 26, 2002, 3:36 AM

Post #33 of 33 (946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

well, i'm very new to dog showing myself, but a good tip is that if you are doing obedience training, you should not make the automatic SIT so automatic... make sure your dog also knows how to STAND... coz I had to unteach Luckey the automatic sit when i wanted to show her.

But if you teach from young, i think not so hard to get your pup to stand like show dog. i just need to also get luckey used to strangers touching her and all that.

you should ask Arthur and Webmaster Khoo, they win lots Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my