First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2002, 12:03 AM

Post #1 of 33 (4376 views)
Shortcut
Best in Show - DVD title Can't Post

Hi all,

Just a short message to say there's this DVD title called "Best in Show". It's a movie that takes a look at the participants for this prestigous dog show in USA called the Mayflower Kennel Club Dog Show. Quite funny and shows beautiful exhibits like Shih Tzus, Bloodhounds, Standard Poodle, Norwich Terrier to name a few. The dogs shown in this movie are all real-life champions! And the judges shown are also honest to goodness actual AKC judges.

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2002, 3:27 AM

Post #2 of 33 (4364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried watching this show, but found it really slowgoing (alot of talking sitting down with dog beside them). My hubbie watched it b4 me and found it ok... just the beginning is really slow-going and I didn't go past the start to get into the film. Is it really worth watching?

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2002, 5:36 AM

Post #3 of 33 (4361 views)
Shortcut

Hey it was shown on HBO last week or so....saw it...kinda weird, funny and slow show....but the dogs were beautiful.....liked the weimaraner best Sly

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2002, 7:00 AM

Post #4 of 33 (4359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

I liked it. Guess it appeal to my warped sense of humour. Wink My favourite was the gay couple and their Shih Tzus.

Rdgs Arthur

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2002, 7:03 AM

Post #5 of 33 (4357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ginl,

You mean Beatrice? She was treated like a real person by her neurotic owners! Did U see the Pug at the end of the show? My favourite is the gay couple and their Shih Tzus. Now that was real showmanship!Wink

Rdgs Arthur

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2002, 7:45 AM

Post #6 of 33 (4350 views)
Shortcut

Yah the gay guy with the shih tzu, the two of them looked really good together in the ring....was the weimaraner's name Beatrice? heheh she really had royalty treatment frm her owners....too bad she acted up in the ring coz she saw something which she wasn't suppose to Shocked....anyway for those who wants to see this show, HBO will be showing again on the 16th, 20th and 28th this mth.

chryssler
Novice

Nov 20, 2002, 12:34 PM

Post #7 of 33 (4324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Best in Show [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi arthur,

Is it possible for me to have your email address. Will like to ask more about your miniature schnauzer. Thank you.
Regards,
Kelly Ong

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 20, 2002, 7:28 PM

Post #8 of 33 (4311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chryssler] Best in Show [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kelly,
Chk my user profile. The info is there.

Rdgs Arthur

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 20, 2002, 10:52 PM

Post #9 of 33 (4305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Best in Show [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh that one! I was flipping channels and managed to catch the last half-hour of it. I agree, it was a very odd show, lol. But some parts were so warped that I had to laugh!

-= Tisha =-

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 6:44 AM

Post #10 of 33 (4296 views)
Shortcut

Has anyone watched "Breed All About It" on Animal Planet? about dog showing? It's showing really late Thursday after midnite, wondering if it's worth staying up for.

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 8:38 AM

Post #11 of 33 (4294 views)
Shortcut

Yah I used to watch it all the time but nowadays they keep repeating the same breeds....yet to see one on JRT....each show is breed specific....talking about the temperament, breed std, health risk of the breed, etc....isn't it showing at 6.30 or 7.30pm on Thur as well? I love the show, especially if you want to know more about a certain breed.

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 5:35 PM

Post #12 of 33 (4289 views)
Shortcut

thanks ginl... will try and catch it tonight then Smile
so you're coming on the 30th right? Smile

boon
Doggyman

Nov 21, 2002, 6:02 PM

Post #13 of 33 (4288 views)
Shortcut

I like the battesea dogs home.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

wkser
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 6:16 PM

Post #14 of 33 (4287 views)
Shortcut

hi,
i think they show it at 7 am every morning but they been repeating even battersea home.......i managed to catch all the chapter...Smile

regards

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 7:56 PM

Post #15 of 33 (4280 views)
Shortcut

Yes....me, bf and our royal brat.....see ya then Smile

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 8:00 PM

Post #16 of 33 (4279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah that's a good show....you can see they really take excellent care of the strays in UK....my dog also loves the show....everytime the intro barking song of battersea is on he'd know haha.....i used to make the intro barking song to him at times and his ears wud perk up and he'd get sort of excited Laugh

boon
Doggyman

Nov 21, 2002, 8:07 PM

Post #17 of 33 (4278 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ginl,

Actually Bonney will never sit or stand stall at any one time, how to teach her to watch TV ah ? pls help....i tried to get her attention, but after few seconds she is on her own.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 8:16 PM

Post #18 of 33 (4277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

eerrrr.....I don't think there's a way to teach your dog to watch TV....guess some dogs like to and some don't.....I never taught him to watch he just does it himself....but he only watches animal shows....if the scenes turn to humans he'd lose interest....the first time they showed birds close-up, he ran in front of the TV, barked and tried to get the birdies.....anyway he knows the word "woof woof" means there's a dog around coz he's obesessed with them....so sometimes when there's a dog on TV i'd say "look woof woof" and he'd start looking around and i'd point to the TV and he starts watching the screen....guess that's a good way to start if u want to teach her how to watch TV.

lmao careful though....your dog might turn into a TV addict....there was this episode in Barking Mad where the owner had to get help coz his dogs, Border Collies i think always hogs the TV everytime it's turned on.....3 or 4 of them wud sit in front of the screen and block their owner's view! Laugh

(This post was edited by ginl on Nov 21, 2002, 8:20 PM)

boon
Doggyman

Nov 21, 2002, 9:57 PM

Post #19 of 33 (4267 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ginl,

Ohhh, yeap i saw episode as well.

wkser
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 11:31 PM

Post #20 of 33 (4261 views)
Shortcut

hi ,
My nous will look at the tv the battersea home programme ending where there are dog woofing he will turn his attention to the tv and then he will run away when the last part meow!.....SmileWink

regards
kangser and nous

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 11:40 PM

Post #21 of 33 (4260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

haha i love the last part of the kitten.....it's nice to see them enjoying TV as much as we humans do Cool

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2002, 11:52 PM

Post #22 of 33 (4258 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Yes, I watch "Breed All About It", but never able to catch them showing Beagle breed, could not wait and I actually ordered the video tape via the Discovery channel website for "Breed All About It - Beagle".

Regards,
KBS

wkser
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 11:56 PM

Post #23 of 33 (4257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] Best in Show - DVD title [In reply to] Can't Post

hi kbs,
they did show beagles a few months in on friday morning 7 am .......i only managed to contact cheng see to watch it........

regards
kangser and nous

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 22, 2002, 3:31 AM

Post #24 of 33 (4250 views)
Shortcut

oh it's that good that you bought it? what, it talks about breed standards, what u do in the ring etc?

do u show your dog?

lisachew

Nov 22, 2002, 5:12 PM

Post #25 of 33 (4242 views)
Shortcut

How do you order it?
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my