Thai Ridgeback

ccm
Novice

Nov 6, 2003, 5:50 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1393 views)
Shortcut
Thai Ridgeback Can't Post

Calling all Thai Ridgeback Owners out there,

Would appreciate if you could kindly assist to start a thread on this breed so as to network and share our respective experiences on raising our furkids.

From browsing the various websites, I have been made to believe that this breed is rather rare, except perhaps in its country of origin, Thailand.

So, over to you, fellow Thai Ridgeback owners; by the way, I have a 3 month old female named Bubbles, procured recently, from a litter of 4 males and 2 females (see "Not So New Member" posting under Members' Introduction).

Regards,

CCM

ccm
Novice

Nov 20, 2003, 12:03 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ccm] Thai Ridgeback [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
"Calling all Thai Ridgeback Owners out there"
Two weeks later, and yet just views and no repliesUnsureUnsure. Tell me, do I really have a VERY RARE puppy, or do Thai Ridgeback owners want to keep a really LOW PROFILE?Cool Regards,

CCM

jacksterling
Novice

Jun 16, 2005, 11:05 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ccm] Thai Ridgeback [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello CCM,

Yes, you have a very rare puppy... I first heard of a ridged back Dog in Vietnam in 1966. Then, in 1988 at the national specialty for the Chinese Shar-Pei held in Oakland CA, USA I saw a BLUE CSP and the guy then told me of the blue dogs call Mah Lung Ahn. In 1994, I traveled to find this breed in Thailand and found one of the better breeders and actually bought a offspring son of the same dog you see on the Thai postage stamp printed in 1993. I bought 2 females and one blue male. i took them back to San Francisco and continued to promote them for 9 years across America. I bred 12 litters and really got them seen from coast to coast. They were always the hit of the shows at every PET EXPOs I would do. In fact in 2001 movie star Nick Cage came to me at a big pet expo in Pomona CA and bought a female he now calls "MONKEY" plus hundreds of just average people. I Moved back to Thailand to write some books on this breed and to continue to sell the TRD to 100's of more people like you who want something different. Yes, they will continue to be rare for another 10-20 years I am sure as we both know this breed in NOT fro everyone. Currently I have 41 TRD and 2 TBD.. In Fact, It was I who came up with the name TRD in 1994.

If you have any questions about the TRD you can see my website at www.ThaiDog.com

ATB. Jack Sterling

(This post was edited by Admin on Jun 17, 2005, 5:41 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my