Used to be trained!!

taylorka
New User

Nov 6, 2003, 7:01 AM

Post #1 of 4 (878 views)
Shortcut
Used to be trained!! Can't Post

Hi

I have a 4 1/2 month old American Cocker who I have had since 2 months old. He was trained to toilet on the paper. 2 weeks ago we bought a 3 month old Bassett Hound and she is not house trained. Now my ACS is doing his pee here there and every where too! What are we to do? Also find, they will use paper for poo now and again but for pee they prefer floor!

Any advice would be appreciated. Looked through previous threads but none had this type of problem.

Thanks

K

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2003, 2:16 AM

Post #2 of 4 (860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [taylorka] Used to be trained!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i think what you can do is just to train them all over again.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

PiggyThePug
Novice

Nov 7, 2003, 5:32 PM

Post #3 of 4 (852 views)
Shortcut

I think this is purely due to the male dog habits... marking his territory, especially u just bought a new female dog. What I will recommend you is to monitor your ACS more often and bring him to the place where u want him to pee whenever u think his has to clear his bladder.

Remember (IMPORTANT!!!) DON’T punish him for doing that since this is the nature of all male dogs and nothing much we could do abt. The last thing you want is that your dog starts eating up his own pass-out since he is so afraid that u r going to punish him again whenever u found out or spotted his left over.

Just my 2 cents.

rgds
Crazy Crazy Crazy
I don't have dog. The Pug in my house owns me.

paulynn
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2003, 12:03 AM

Post #4 of 4 (833 views)
Shortcut

hi taylor,

Well the only thing you can do is spend some time with the old one after he finish his meal and wait for him to show those i-need-to-pee signals.(walking round round) then quickly put a newspaper on the floor and VOILA! :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my