Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Show and Championship:
196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 15, 2002, 11:49 PM

Post #26 of 41 (2770 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricky] 196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ricky,

You wrote ".. still need some time to make him feel comfortable and enjoy the show. Anyway, i really enjoy the show .Thank you everybody."

You have the right attitude for attending dog shows. If it's not fun for both dog and handler then what's the point of going right? Sly Anyway, minor puppy is a great way to start to get the "feel" of show dog handling. Unfortunately, MKA has yet to conduct a show handling class (at least to my knowledge, I could be wrong!) They did mention show handling course in their MKA website, so there's still hope!

Rdgs Arthur. Glad you enjoyed the show. What time did you go back?

ricky
Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2002, 12:00 AM

Post #27 of 41 (2766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] 196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi arthur,Smile

Thank you.

That day I went back around 2.30pm, cause that time very tired l. I didnt sleep at all before the day of the show.

I normally go to bed around 1- 2.00am, but that day i watched football ENG-SLO until around 4.00am, wont fell sleppy anymore liaw.

So around 5.30 depart from my house and reach there around 7.00 something loh.

Regards,

RickyWink
friendly,
RicKY

yllim
Dog Kichi

Oct 16, 2002, 4:22 AM

Post #28 of 41 (2756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] 196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi Arthur

Sorry, I was so tired & busy, this morning only I on my computer and I couldn't spare time replying & I have so many things to do especially restaurant's business-loh !! Sunday was closed for the dog show, (usually open for dinner only). My birthday, I still have to open & work but always closed for the dog show!!! You see, how "grand" they are. Ha...haa..haa!!!

Well, I got up at 3.00 a.m. because I need to groom the dogs a bit before leaving for Ipoh. I did groom them before the show and that is my usual routine work. We departed at 3.30 a.m. because we are not familiar with Ipoh Area but thanks a lot "with your help" (from the map & direction given from the website), we reached there without problems, arrived at about 7.00 a.m. (We stopped over at Tapah for a break).

Oh! So early I reached there but I waited for my turn until around 3.00 p.m. Diano Ko Ko is the one who got the Best Junior in Toy Group. The small one managed to get the RCC. I do not know how to handle Merinda as she seems to be very scarely UnsureUnimpressed every time in the show rings. Even nowadays, I tried to take her out, asked my staffs to play with her & touched her. Now, she is not scare with my staffs but still ... in the show ring. She seems as though she is running away from something. When the judge examines her, she swings her boody away to one side. Do you have any good ideas to overcome this problem ???

Finally, waited for the final stage until about 8.30 p.m. The Best in Show went to German Shepherd & Reserve Best went to the Boxer.

Congratulation to Pepper & MIB & Mackay for his Shih Tzu - Best Junior in Show & to all the winners!"

At last, it is all over and I reached home around 11.30 p.m. Pity my doggies, they slept all the way home.

Will meet again next month, 17th Nov in Malacca, Okay!

By the way, thanks to WKSer & Boon for the Tambun Biscuits. Cheers!

(This post was edited by yllim on Oct 16, 2002, 4:55 AM)

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2002, 7:46 AM

Post #29 of 41 (2746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yllim] 196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Yllim,

Waah..very long day indeed for you and the furkids. But at the end, guess it was worth the hard work and the waiting. Is Diano Ko Ko a Malaysian Champion now? If not, it's only a matter of time! Smile It's a good thing you did not come alone. Or else driving back to KL would be murder!

I have the same problem with my Lee Sha girl in the show ring. She becomes terribly shy when the judge comes to handle her on the table. I am considering retiring her from the show ring and concentrate her on obedience. Kinda shame cos' she already collected 20pts so far. What you are doing with Merinda is correct. Expose her to as many strangers as possible, get them to touch / stroke her. This way she becomes more confident and should help overcome her shyness in the ring later. You can practise stacking her the grooming table everyday and get someone to stroke her.

See ya then in Melaka on 17Nov.

Rdgs Arthur

whitwhit
Novice

Oct 16, 2002, 6:06 PM

Post #30 of 41 (2736 views)
Shortcut

Hi! Arthur.
Congrats to U, Pepper & Lee Ron boy.

"So clever, Pepper"
" Lee Ron, u are a smart boy"

regards
whitney

whitwhit
Novice

Oct 16, 2002, 6:13 PM

Post #31 of 41 (2735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] 196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! Mr Khoo. Congratulation....Smile to your MIB team. Once again congratulation!

regards
whitney

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2002, 6:21 PM

Post #32 of 41 (2734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [whitwhit] 196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Whitney,

Pepper and Lee Ron boy says "THANKS" to Whitney "Che-Che" for her kind words. Now they want to play with Phoebe.

best rdgs Arthur. PS.. Is Phoebe wearing a towel in her picture? I was at Kelvin's shop last week, tried a Super Dog costume on Lee Ron. He looks cute with the blue/red cape flying around when he runs. Very contrasty against his black fur. Sly

Khoobg
Webmaster

Oct 16, 2002, 6:30 PM

Post #33 of 41 (2728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] 196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Kangser for the kind words. Hope that one day we will also be able to see you and your nous at the Conformation Ring. Please come and join us in the competition and have some funs.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

whitwhit
Novice

Oct 16, 2002, 6:31 PM

Post #34 of 41 (2725 views)
Shortcut

Hi! Arthur. Meet U at Padang this Sat. I'll bring along Phoebe too. How about yu 3 furkids? Actually she is wearing a "ming" just a sweater. I went Calvin's shop yesterday, some new arrival "kimono". He let Phoebe to try it. "Wow a handsome Phoebe" but she is a girl. haha.

regards
whitney

yllim
Dog Kichi

Oct 16, 2002, 7:14 PM

Post #35 of 41 (2720 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi! Arthur

Diano Ko Ko needs another 16 points to go, very slow huh! Well, it's a matter of time, right! So far, Diano has four (4) Best Junior in Toy Group & two (2) Reserve BOB and Reserve Best Junior in Show. Well, will try my best in the next show Nov & Dec'02.

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2002, 9:00 PM

Post #36 of 41 (2711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [whitwhit] 196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Whitney,

Kimono? That sound interesting. Must try one on Lee Ron. See U on Sat!

Rdg Arthur

les
K9 Maniac

Oct 17, 2002, 7:27 AM

Post #37 of 41 (2692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] 196th All Breeds Champ Show Ipoh Sun 13th Oct 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations to all won in the show ring.. Smile

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

Khoobg
Webmaster

Oct 18, 2002, 7:40 AM

Post #38 of 41 (2669 views)
Shortcut

Arthur,

MKA has infact organized a show handling class in Padang Merbok last Dec. Read Here for more.

Those who are interested in such training class can always contact MKA. As long as there is a request by member, MKA will definitely look into it and will possibly organize another one soon Smile

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 18, 2002, 8:06 AM

Post #39 of 41 (2667 views)
Shortcut

Webmstr Khoo,

Thks for the info. Dunno how I missed that one completely!Frown

Rdgs Arthur

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 19, 2002, 8:32 AM

Post #40 of 41 (2643 views)
Shortcut

Webmstr Khoo,

How's the photos coming along? Shocked

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 20, 2002, 4:00 AM

Post #41 of 41 (2630 views)
Shortcut

Thanks! will check with MKa and hope they have another one soon!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my