Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Biting attitude

qme465

Nov 4, 2003, 7:36 PM

Post #1 of 14 (4905 views)
Shortcut
Biting attitude Can't Post

Wink,

wello,..i have a prob with my 10 weeks rottie(Max)..he likes to bite me when i he see me..even my family members..i dont know how to control him..i dont want to abuse him coz we love him..my legs were bitten until blood came out..he likes to jump on me..

he is really different than my Zinger(2 years old rottie)When zinger was in his age,he is not that active like max..max is hyper active..really hard to control..its just like 24 hours cant stop..thats y i put him in a cage..whenever his meal time..he will like a dragon that havent eat for a week..gosh!!..i feed him 4 times a day..coz he is still a puppy rite..so need a lot of food..how to settle this prob..

TQ.

FelixTongue

Twenko

Nov 5, 2003, 2:05 AM

Post #2 of 14 (4893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [qme465] Biting attitude [In reply to] Can't Post

Shocked Oh!

Luckily there's another case like mine. I thought my Abby was the only pup that's SO hyperactive.

She jumps around like a monkey, barks whenever we're late in preparing her food, and bites whenever we're not looking.

After two weeks of scolding and no food, she doesn't bite as hard as she used too ( meaning no blood ) but it still leaves blue black marks sometimes.

^_^ Hope someone can advise us!

~ Twenko

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

My beloved furkids :
Abby, the Lickin' Champ - 7 months, Dober-Rott
Chelsea, the Eating Champ - 6 months, G.R
Jane, the Jumpin' Champ - 8 months, Shih Tzu

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #3 of 14 (4890 views)
Shortcut

Hello, Smile

Was wondering...how long is lil Max kept in the cage? and how long do u walk him? assuming u do walk him..

also how long do u play with him..?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

qme465

Nov 5, 2003, 4:09 PM

Post #4 of 14 (4883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Biting attitude [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink,

Max i kept him in the cage since i bought him..everytime i lepas him..he goin like wat..i bring for a walk every evening after i came back from office..it took 1 1/2 hours..but is spent a lot of time with my furkids on weekends..its hard to concentrate 100% on them coz i have 1 1/2 year old son..have to take care of him too..

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2003, 8:14 AM

Post #5 of 14 (4875 views)
Shortcut

"Max i kept him in the cage since i bought him..everytime i lepas him..he goin like wat."

he's going crazy because he's in the cage for so long...how many hours a day?

maybe you could let him out while everyone is in..

and when your family wants to go out...cage him up. Or say in the afternoon or night, when there's not much activity...let him out. Morning cage him up. Good on you for taking him for a walk..but i think 1 1/2 hrs is too long for a 10-wk-old. Not good for his bone growth. Maybe cut it down to 30mins..

When playing with him...concentrate on the toys. Some dogs like to play with hands though(since they can move unpredictably) so i suggest using a cloth wrap around..and play.

Also when it's too painful, reprimand him. Say no..and push him away. If he still bites as painful as before, do the same thing..and after that end of game. Walk away. This is to teach him that every time u say no..and he doesn't obey and bites just as hard. The game will end. Do not wrestle and push him away too many times. Coz that will just be another game to him and you might be rewarding him for biting.

Some pups learn fr their mother though. When they are playing if pup1 makes pup2 cry and he doesn't stop..mom will growl/reprimand pup1. So in this case, try "crying" using "oooww..." Some know..some dont..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Nov 6, 2003, 8:21 AM)

qme465

Nov 7, 2003, 1:24 AM

Post #6 of 14 (4868 views)
Shortcut

Wink,

Thanks RealityDreamer for the information..hope that can control max after this..hes comin to 11 weeks old..getting bigger and bigger..happy to see him big..

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2003, 7:35 AM

Post #7 of 14 (4864 views)
Shortcut

Glad I could help. Smile

Careful not too over feed him or he'll grow too fast... which is not good for his joints..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

qme465

Nov 8, 2003, 1:32 AM

Post #8 of 14 (4857 views)
Shortcut

Wink, now max quite ok..i dont know y?..i didnt do anything..miracles happenned..now he is not that bad..like to bite people..now,he like to run here and there..this week his 11 weeks..havent get the pic..

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2003, 1:35 AM

Post #9 of 14 (4855 views)
Shortcut

Wow...

Hmmm... Puts a twist on "growing pains".. ---> you (when Max tries to bite)... Sly Glad to know that Max is being a good boy now... Hope that he keeps being more obedient!!

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2003, 6:14 AM

Post #10 of 14 (4851 views)
Shortcut

lol Laugh

guess maybe he doesn't find biting entertaining anymore? Tongue

how's his appetite? good?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

qme465

Nov 12, 2003, 6:54 PM

Post #11 of 14 (4838 views)
Shortcut

hi...wanna ask sumthin'..is rice good for dogs?..coz i saw my friends gave his dogs rice mix with fish meat,chicken meat and a lot of other stuff..is it good for the dog..curious to know..he have a GSD..the dog really like the food..Laugh

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2003, 10:33 PM

Post #12 of 14 (4836 views)
Shortcut

lol Laugh

well, I'm not sure if it's "good". But they can eat it. It's a good source of carbohidrates Smile Not many dogs hv allergies nor is it toxic.

I hv fed my dogs with rice ever since I got them. No problems with rice here. Cool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

qme465

Nov 12, 2003, 11:01 PM

Post #13 of 14 (4832 views)
Shortcut

aloha,

u gave ur dog rice?...wat u mix with the rice usually?...i want to try..do u cook it it together with ur mix ingredients..want to know..i want to try for max..maybe he will grow bigger than he supposed to be..

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2003, 11:51 PM

Post #14 of 14 (4831 views)
Shortcut

Careful not to overfeed. If you feed too much, he'll grow too fast and he will get bones/joint problems.

I mix the rice with raw meat/veges

I cook the rice first and then add the raw meat and veges.

Check out the BARF Revisited thread Smile or u could always do your own research
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my