First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

waikc
Dog Kichi

Oct 30, 2003, 10:52 PM

Post #1 of 67 (10530 views)
Shortcut
Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya Can't Post

hi all,

i am wondering if u all can recommend my puppy a good vet around the area of USJ or Subang Jaya. i understand some people recommend the vet clinic at Subang Parade. is it a complete vet clinic/animal clinic?

need to know so that in case of emergencies, i know where to send my puppy.

thanks a lot!

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 30, 2003, 11:10 PM

Post #2 of 67 (10528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [waikc] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Halo... Tongue

I see that you are also a Subang lang.... Hehehe... I take my dogs to Animal Hospital in SS14. I can't remember the address but the Snoopy's parents are taken there. I understand that the vet is pretty good. They took good care of my dog, Oofy during her final hours...

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

waikc
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2003, 12:35 AM

Post #3 of 67 (10525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

oh, that's the animal hospital which ur oofy spent her last moments? sorry abt her...it sounds more like a negligence case.

anyway, can u tell me the directions roughly to this clinic? say coming from subang parade, turning left onto the road passing the mcdonald's drive-thru on the left, towards the roundabout.

thanks!

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2003, 1:34 AM

Post #4 of 67 (10523 views)
Shortcut

Yea,

Oofy had her operation at another vet... Mad So, we admitted her to this hospital as an emergency case... This clinic is a branch of the Animal Hospital in KL...

Anyway, once you reach that roundabout, you do a 9 o'clock and go straight down. You will pass by houses and a row of shop-lots on your left. Pass those and still go straight down the road. There will be two U-turns you can make, take the 2nd one. When you reach the 2nd U-turn, you can see a row of shoplots on your right (opp side of the road). The Animal Hospital is just there, it is next to a Satay/Mamak shop. After the U-turn, you turn into the shoplots at the first turning on your left.

Hope you can get there... Blush My directions are a little cryptic... Tongue I'll post the address here tomorrow....

Good luck! When are you taking your furkid to the vet?

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

dawnteng
Novice

Oct 31, 2003, 3:20 AM

Post #5 of 67 (10518 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

The one in Subang Parade is called Heeling Rooms. Not bad, I did sent my Russ (ACS) there for few times. (he has skin problem). It is a complete animal clinic. They will even bring you around and show you their working place and where they keep the animals... clean! And the have boarding services as well. But i didnt try before, coz Russ normally will follow where ever i go..SmileSmile

meiyoong

Oct 31, 2003, 4:55 AM

Post #6 of 67 (10515 views)
Shortcut

I also agree wit dawnteng.healing Rooms in Subang really good. I bring my shih tzu there a lot of time and the service there really satisfy me. U can have a try there.

alyn
Novice

Oct 31, 2003, 10:43 AM

Post #7 of 67 (10513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meiyoong] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Great! I completely forgot about Healing Rooms when I went around looking at the vets in SJ. I'm in the midst of preparing for my furkid which I'm bringing home next week and will definitely need a good (and clean) veterinary office.
Come see what I'm up to at susie*ville!

waikc
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2003, 6:26 PM

Post #8 of 67 (10507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alyn] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for all the replies! i saw another animal clinic at ss14, but it looks a bit old, no aircon, and a bit disorganized. so, animal hospital is another one...i'll go check it out. i'll check out the subang parade one as well.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2003, 6:55 PM

Post #9 of 67 (10506 views)
Shortcut

Errrr...

Does it happen to be Louis Animal Clinic in SS14 SJ??? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE!! That was where my Oofy went for her operation and died as a result of septicimia (septic blood poisoning).... Mad

Join the JRT Zone

alyn
Novice

Oct 31, 2003, 8:39 PM

Post #10 of 67 (10505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear that, waikc. I went to Dr. Louis (SS14) two days ago as part of my vet research and was not impressed with his facilities. The front office looks disorganised, cramped and quite unclean. He was recommended to me by some cat friends. Apparently, he gives some cats human medication because they have similar chemical properties as the cat ones and are much cheaper. That's terrible! The Animal Hospital (SS18) looks like a better place with a more positive environment. They don't use human meds on their animals (I asked).

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2003, 9:27 PM

Post #11 of 67 (10503 views)
Shortcut

*Phew*... Lucky for you.... Tongue

Anyway, do let us know about Healing Rooms when you go there. Smile Snoopy's parents and siblings go to the Animal Hospital and since we have a record there, we will continue to go there as well...

Good job on doing your research first!!

Join the JRT Zone

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 31, 2003, 9:58 PM

Post #12 of 67 (10500 views)
Shortcut

Healing rooms looks good but it's a little out of my budget. I go to Dr. Sim (also in SS 14...same block as Dr. Louise) or Mayo in Taipan.

But i agree though, Animal Medical Centre is by far, the best one I've been to. They took care of Silky when she was on the bridge of getting brain damage. But she's all good now.Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

dpelican

Oct 31, 2003, 10:45 PM

Post #13 of 67 (10499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Is this Healing Room part of the Pet Shop at the end of Subang Parade (towards Parkson's end)? Sorry, me not very good at places and locations.

Pricing wise, is this place OK?

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2003, 11:43 PM

Post #14 of 67 (10497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dpelican] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, that's right!
It is just next to the Pet Shop... Wink

Join the JRT Zone

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2003, 3:29 AM

Post #15 of 67 (10493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dpelican] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

yeap. Aragorn's right.

pricing's a little steep for me but it's worth checking out.Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

ndeetan
Novice

Nov 2, 2003, 1:06 AM

Post #16 of 67 (10483 views)
Shortcut

Remember.... dun dun dun dun dun ever go to the clinic of so called Doctor LOUIS Mad.

I really got very upset to hear his name. 4 yrs ago... my cat almost died becoz of him. As a doctor he dint even know what was wrong with my cat and instead that he claimed there was no problem with my cat and he injected some med (vitamins- i think) and of coz cost me money.

After a few days, my cat was having irregular pee pee time and he grew skinner and skinner and not willing to move around. After a few days I went to another doctor at Jalan Loke Yew (Doctor Karu). Actually I know this doctor is experineced but just that since i was staying at USJ then I guessed abit too far to bring my cat down (ended at Loius clinic).

Dr Karu was telling me that my cat was having kidney problem and he would try his best to save him. My cat was put on drip and stayed at Karu's clinic for 3 nites. When I went and took him Dr Karu said that that was the best he could do and if my cat did not recover within next 3 days then I have to accept the fact.

Thanks God Miracle did happen, he survived after that, Dr Karu was asking me to watch his diet so that the kidney would not be failed again.

How could a vet called himself a doctor, have a clinic but could not even know what was wrong with the animal. If i could have believed him and keep on waiting and bring my cat back to Loius, i guessed my cat has gone by now. So my advice to all of u all pet lovers, esp those staying at Subang /USJ, pls dun go to Clinic belong to LOUIS.

For those of u guys staying around USJ/Subang, another clinic i would like to recommend is that clinic located at SS18 shop lots (next to Sate Restaurant). I brought my terrier for eyes operation in July and it turned out perfect. And also not costly. As for the condition of the clinic, visit there and u let me know urself.

Remember again foget about that LOUIS... pls spread to word around if we want all our pet to be well taken care by the vet.

waikc
Dog Kichi

Nov 3, 2003, 8:15 PM

Post #17 of 67 (10468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ndeetan] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

wah...lucky i didn't bring my Momo there...i was just scouting around to find where the Animal Hospital is at SS14, and sort of found this one. anyway, the unkempt look of the clinic already made me think twice, and doubt that it's the place i was trying to look for. i will go look for this proper Animal Hospital.

how abt the vet at usj taipan, sandwiched between the hyundai showroom and secret recipe?

ndeetan
Novice

Nov 3, 2003, 9:08 PM

Post #18 of 67 (10465 views)
Shortcut

i think u better go to the one that i recomended to u at SS18. Even the one at taipan, in my opinion the vet there is not more experience as compared to the one at SS18. I think there are more costly too as the rental at Taipan is definitely higher.

Why not go tho more proper clinic with lower cost?

I wont recommend to u if i never tried b4, but really the SS18 one is good. If u dunno how to go then just let me know.

Wink cheers and good luck

alyn
Novice

Nov 3, 2003, 9:43 PM

Post #19 of 67 (10460 views)
Shortcut

The Animal Hospital (or Animal Clinic... can't quite remember what it's called exactly) is located in SS18 next to a Malay food stall. I would definitely recommend them. I used to have guinea pigs 3 years' back and brought them there. Dr. Hasnul was working there before he opened up his own practice in Damansara. The head vet is very competent and helpful.

For directions, you would have to turn into the road sandwiched between SS14 and SS18 at the roundabout. Go all the way straight and you'll notice 3 right turns. Take the second one and make a u-turn. The vet is on the one and only row of shophouses there. Can't be missed.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2003, 7:11 AM

Post #20 of 67 (10449 views)
Shortcut

That one's pretty decent..Smile

definitely better than "Dr." Louise
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

webber
Dog Kichi

Nov 6, 2003, 9:54 PM

Post #21 of 67 (10445 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for these recommendation, next time I sure bring my doggy to visit these clinics.
Animal Hospital - SS18
Healing Room - Subang Parade

Pirate but the thing is my silky always bark and attack the doc when visiting clinic, so far none of the doc able to do so...Crazy

Hi RealityDreamer, where is Dr. Sim clinic? What's the shop name at SS 14? Is it good?
-- Webber from USJ --

- My Bobo[Maltese] & Beloved Magic[Australian Silky Terrier] -

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 7, 2003, 12:55 AM

Post #22 of 67 (10440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [webber] Recommended vet around USJ, Subang Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Dr Sim's clinic is near the BP station, facing the main road, near the Metropolitan roundabout... Wink

Apparently it is pretty good as my neighbour brings his dogs there.

Join the JRT Zone

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2003, 6:21 AM

Post #23 of 67 (10433 views)
Shortcut

Guess aragorn explained...Smile

it's also near a bridge(pedestrian bridge).

it's ok ok...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2003, 7:03 PM

Post #24 of 67 (10429 views)
Shortcut

WAH, silky will bark at the doctor? i thought dogs usually behave well when they are in the vet.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

waikc
Dog Kichi

Nov 10, 2003, 7:12 PM

Post #25 of 67 (10422 views)
Shortcut

there are two vets in ss14? one is dr louis (who seems to be condemned by almost everyone here...hehehe!), and the other Dr Sim. don't go to the wrong one...Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my