First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2003, 9:56 AM

Post #51 of 65 (2932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] To Fiona, So Cute!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Fiona,

I presume your neighbour is not dog lover. I think you have to ignore them if they are so difficult to deal with.

How's Jr. Patch? Not sure whether they have taken him for his 3rd jab.

Smile

Join the JRT Zone

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 2, 2003, 10:08 AM

Post #52 of 65 (2930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] To Fiona, So Cute!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh yeah.. They have guts to scold me and ask me to send away the dogs.. and they themselves.. sing church song loudly and blast music... I wish I know.. I wish I can tell you but until now I have not heard from them...People like that... Nice to you at first and when they have your puppy, you will never hear from them... I don't ask much, just some photos and stuff but yet they have to be this way... Sorry.. I don't mean to speak of people like that but I have gone through this experiences before.. many many times... Fiona

gaudygoddess
Dog Kichi

Dec 2, 2003, 9:33 PM

Post #53 of 65 (2925 views)
Shortcut
Re: Poor thing [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi DMax and Fiona,

DMax, your JRTs are so very very cute! I want to squeeze them! I noticed that JRTs loved to be picked up and squeezed hugged. The tail goes into overdrive. Also, luckily becuase they look like mongrel to the untrained eye, they are less likely to be dognapped.
So sad to see Angel there. What makes me really mad is that she was abandoned due to her old age. Unfortunately at this point in time, I have ruled out keeping any pets (I just moved into a new home) and if I do keep, it would most probably be a cat. I am more of a cat lover and I always feel that dogs are more attached to the carers and need a lot more attention, something which I cannot give. My husband and I are spend a lot of time outside the house. He is a dog lover but he also feels that it would be very sniffy for the doggy if we leave him at home all the time. At the moment I am contented with playing with my parents and siblings doggies.
Fiona so sad to hear about your horrible neighbours. My siblings too have the same "kind" of neighbour - very hypocrite. Perhaps your dogs make too much noise or the smell of the faeces?

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 3, 2003, 1:51 AM

Post #54 of 65 (2916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gaudygoddess] Poor thing [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand your preference for cat. My wife is also a great cat lover. She had a cat before but he passed away due to old age. I like cat too but just that we can't keep one now though we are tempted to do so. This is because my twin daughters are asthmatic, so we can't have furry animals inside the house.

Join the JRT Zone

gaudygoddess
Dog Kichi

Dec 3, 2003, 11:26 PM

Post #55 of 65 (2905 views)
Shortcut
Re: My cheeky stray cats [In reply to] Can't Post

This morning had a contractor come over to the back of my house, lo and behold, cats and kittens of all sizes just took the liberty to walk into my kitchen. My husband just shooed them away. I think even once they came into my kitchen and walked on the counter before (paw marks) still they're so poor thing and I'll try to feed them.

Doggy-wise I really like JRTs now, although my brother has been telling me now he knows why the puppy was given up, probably the owner could not handle it. Sad story, my friend's dad had to give up their Labrador Retriever as he could not cope. And they were imported. Luckily the people who took over the dogs spoil them so much to the point that they hired bathers to come to the house to bathe them.

Mmmmmmm I wish I come back as somebody's pet dog in my next life.

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2003, 2:08 AM

Post #56 of 65 (2896 views)
Shortcut

Hi Fiona,

I received your cards. Thanks a lot. We will keep the cards for remembrance. Someone designed the Bull Terrier card? Cute. Besides cards, what other arts and crafts have you done? Designs for T-shirt? Are you good in painting?

Join the JRT Zone

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2003, 2:31 AM

Post #57 of 65 (2895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gaudygoddess] My cheeky stray cats [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gaudygoddess,

The other day we went to visit SPCA and saw so many nice cats there. Wondering why they are not wanted. If we decide to have a cat, we will adopt one from there. We prefer cats with short hair....not persion cats which look so serious. Well then, why not get a cat for your new home. Cats can catch mouse. :)

Join the JRT Zone

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 4:24 AM

Post #58 of 65 (2892 views)
Shortcut

Glad to hear you received them already.. I find that our postman services suck at times... Get lost and all... Nah, just wish to share something little with you.. You have share something so lovely and pretty big with us too, you know - JRT puppy... You can view some of our work from vicfion.tripod.com... Painting? I do paint but never a great one... but really have to be really into the mood that you can paint a good picture.. I guess if I practice more I might improve in that... I did a few nice ones though... I sketch and yet not a talented one.. all I can say is I love Art, ven I am no good at it, I still love to be able to do them just that with my 2 angels, it is pretty hard to sit down and sketch or paint all I want... By the way, I was graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (General Art)... My husband is much better designer.. He has been in this field since 1997 not counting the years of his college life... Oh yeah, that Bull Terrier drew by a friend and made into a card who I helped out in selling them and she gave me some to send to my friends last time... You can view her cards at vicfion.wakaf.net if you interested... I only have 2 left and I can let you have them, she gave me to send to my friends too you see... Keep in touch... Fiona

gaudygoddess
Dog Kichi

Dec 8, 2003, 8:04 PM

Post #59 of 65 (2884 views)
Shortcut
Re: To dmax. Getting doggy to accept kitty [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I so love tabby cats too! If somebody wanted to give me a Persian, I would not want it at all. I do agree that SPCA especially has lovely cats but they have a policy of 2 week wait and they are pretty adamant about it. I can understand why but for me, all our dogs and cats are desexed and have been lucky not to experience pregnant pet dogs and cats.Hee hee with all those cats hanging around my house, I think even the rats won't want to cari makan at my house. My husband even found a big tom cat sleeping so luxuriously on our welcome mat one morning! Incidentally, my parents mongrelly dog used to catch rats, crows and mosquitos.

How would your doggies react if you introduce a cat into their lives? The JRT adopted by my siblings is afraid of the 2 cats in the house but its only because they've established themselves already. A few times I observed when the doggy ventures too near to the cats, they get ready to "box" her.

I guess JRTs themselves are not violent dogs.

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 10, 2003, 11:15 PM

Post #60 of 65 (2879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gaudygoddess] To dmax. Getting doggy to accept kitty [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gaudygoddess,

Just beware of your dog. If he is purebred JRT, watch out for your cats' safety. JRT is a hunting breed of dog that looks upon small fury animals as prey. Though the little JRT may looks cute but behind its "cuteness" lies a dog with the heart of a lion and all its hunting instincts still very much intact.

If we were to get a cat, we will have to keep them separated and closely watched. Maybe it is not possible for us to keep a cat after all as it will be very dangerous for the cat and very noisy for us too. My 3 JRTs will keep barking at the cat the whole day. Don't think it is a good idea and I don't want to come home one day and see a dead cat :)

If JRT is not properly trained, they can become very aggressive. That's why normally JRT owners are advised not to play tug of war with them. If you consider keeping a dog, I would recommend you to keep a toy dog like shih tzu or poodle. They look so cute and fun to play with....not so active as compared to JRT

Join the JRT Zone

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 10, 2003, 11:37 PM

Post #61 of 65 (2877 views)
Shortcut

Hi Fiona,

Eer..talking about art, I don't really know how to appreciate art or painting. My wife appreciates them better and she likes those oil painting especially the one with people painted in it.

So, what does your hubby do since he is also a designer. Have you thought of going into greeting card business. If you or your hubby can draw and design very well, that business can be lucrative too....just need to be unique in you own design. Like that bull terrier card..it's quite unique.

Join the JRT Zone

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 7:56 PM

Post #62 of 65 (2872 views)
Shortcut

Art is a very beautiful thing.. I just love Art but not really good at it... More interest than talent...
We tried on that business... Not doing good.. My husband's cousin asked us to design her cards (actually more of her designs.. she thinks she is better than us and changed all our ideas..she is client, what to do?) I still see a lot of her cards at her house even though she told us business ok, not bad... I did try on the postcards.. and not doing well... to print already need a lot of money which I don't have extra on because kids come first... Very hard especially now have email and e-cards... I did put cards at some shop and can see how bad was the progress...
So did Katherine send you photo or such? She promise to let me have a few days and all but now not even a call from her... I know already, she just want all to herself.. I am so stupid enough to trust her and believe in joint-ownership... I actually already know this will happen but I really like your puppy so much... Fiona

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2003, 9:02 PM

Post #63 of 65 (2870 views)
Shortcut

I'm sure there are other avenues to make good use of your talent. For me, i can't even draw a decent picture of.......anything lah. :)

No, she said she captured a lot of pictures of Patch using their handphone. But too bad, can't receive cause my hp is very outdated one...don't have MMS function....unless they upload into pc and email to us. But she did said we can visit them. She also said she is currently very busy with a project, that's why didn't have time to update us. Do you think you will visit them one day? Maybe we can go together. My wife said one day she may want to visit Patch. But I know we don't have the time....maybe one fine day :)

Join the JRT Zone

gaudygoddess
Dog Kichi

Dec 11, 2003, 10:09 PM

Post #64 of 65 (2867 views)
Shortcut
Re: To dmax. Getting doggy to accept kitty [In reply to] Can't Post

dmax

Thanks so much for your information. So far she has not displayed any aggresiveness but my brother observed that when he saw her in PAWS she was growling at the other dogs when it was makan time and at bigger dogs. Eeee now I am afraid for the cats. So far, one of them is very dominant but I noticed she hurt her leg one day and could it be due to her "boxing" the doggy away? Anyway, my brother has been not shy about using force to make her behave herself though I feel very "sum thoong" when I see it as all this while my parents kept a mixed doggy (crazy) and 1 cocker (very docile and lovable) so not used to seeing such energetic behaviour. Since I read that previously you do beat them then I think my brother should continue disciplining her. If she does get aggresive, I will have to take the 2 cats back to my house to keep them out of harm's way. That's why its always very prudent to speak to owners and read up about the breeds before getting one. Like the 101 Dalmation problem when people found out they are not as cute as the movie portrayed them. Now people are "Finding Nemo" too, much to the detriment of the coral environment. I suspect that the doggy isn't 100% JRT as one of her ears are starting to stand up already. Hopefully the agression has been bred out of her as well.

Yeah, with cats, I always observed that when the cat comes first or kitty and puppy are brought up together it's OK, but not when the dog comes first. I also support that you don't take a cat because if you keep the cat in the house, it would go crazy and start tearing your house up.

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 13, 2003, 6:59 AM

Post #65 of 65 (2845 views)
Shortcut

The only thing I really love now is photography but nah... And I love painting but not I paint la.. hehehe so ugly... I just love Art...
Yeah? Why don't have a decent camera? I am sure everyone sure have one... I have a Nokia 6100 and she knows.. I think can receive right? Gosh... People with excuses.. Sorry.. I am sick of trusting people.. People just giving excuses all the time... Sorry... Just that she told me that she will do this and do that but none she had done.. She even say she will bring him here to stay for few days but nothing she has done... Frown Fiona

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my