Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Soft Poo and Diet

mianw
Novice

Oct 6, 2002, 5:10 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Soft Poo and Diet Can't Post

My rotti is going to be 5 months in a few days time. We met with a fellow rotti owner last Sunday at padang merbok. His rotti was chubby and nice, and he told us that he feeds it twice a day with about two condensed milk tins full of kibble.
We feed ours thrice a day with about less than half the amount. We decided to give him 1.5 cups of the kibble. He began to pass soft poo, not every time but the fact is that his poo was normal before we increased his food. Of course we are not 100% sure whether he ate something from our backyard that caused the soft poo!
What puzzled us is that we did not change his Farmland diet. Can someone throw some light?

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 7, 2002, 8:29 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mianw] Soft Poo and Diet [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes when the routine of the dog feeding is changed, the dog's stomach may take a little while to adjust to the new feeding, as a result you get soft poo (sometimes they're a bit slimey too). I know for a fact that changing to a different type of food may cause this but not sure about same type of food but different qty.....if it's not due to him eating something which he's not suppose to that caused his stool to be soft, then it may be due to the change in qty and if that's the case his stool shd be back to normal after a couple of days....how is it by the way?

mianw
Novice

Oct 9, 2002, 4:52 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Soft Poo and Diet [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks ginl, rottie is fine now! Got us worried for a bit though. Think he must have eaten something which didnt agree with his tummy!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my