Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
how to train my little girl to be more independent

kimia_girl
Dog Kichi

Oct 29, 2003, 1:55 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1107 views)
Shortcut
how to train my little girl to be more independent Can't Post

my little girl at home is so manja with my parents.she even sleep with them. now my mum get her a single bed n wanted to train her to sleep with my sis ..but ...this little fellar keep crying at nite Crazy

she even want my mum to accompany her take nap in the afternoon.

if my mum is not around she will just don't want to sleep

~~lili ~~sherlock ~~twinkle~~

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 29, 2003, 5:38 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimia_girl] how to train my little girl to be more independent [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

Here's a tip which may help a bit. How about turning on the radio and let her sleep with it on? I let my pup listen to "Light and Easy Listening" and she falls asleep straight away. At first, she kept making noise and we accompanied her to sleep. After a while, we left the room with the radio on and she continued sleeping...

Hope this helps! Smile

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Oct 31, 2003, 12:13 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimia_girl] how to train my little girl to be more independent [In reply to] Can't Post

u trying to train her sleep with your sis?Crazy or alone?

if u want her to sleep alone just put up some fence (play pen) or something, ignore her crying. She will sleep whenever she get tired.

I think they must learn sometimes they have to be alone. And of course, must understand is OK to be alone..Smile
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

paulynn
ALPHA

Oct 31, 2003, 5:26 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1071 views)
Shortcut

hi kimia girl...(sounds like u are really into kimia lol )

Anyway this is what i did.Hopefully it helps.

When i first brought back the second dog home she was quiteeeeeeeeeeeeeee manja to the extreme.not really used to that as my first dog was and is still very independent.So what i did was before she sleeps (i know she'll definitely whine and barks) i carried her and massage her tummy(cos she likes it)and cupped her with my waist like i'm carrying a baby and when she's really drowsy or starts to sleep i'll put her back in the cage.Another way is to put her in a crate (leave the door open but make sure the crate isn't too far or too near to ur bed) beside u or ur mom for the first few nights (cos she's grown attached to u guys)and then slowly she'll get used to sleeping inside a crate instead of a human-bed.IF NOT, try putting a radio beside her so she'll think that someone's sleeping beside her.Or like there's a human being sleeping near her.

hope this works.

cheerios!

kimia_girl
Dog Kichi

Nov 3, 2003, 8:04 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] how to train my little girl to be more independent [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazyhi there,

i reply in once ya,lazy to type put seperately :P

my dog at home ...isnt a dog..mumi treat it like little girl, my family are coming to KL for shopping and they are worried to leave it alone at home ....so they wan to bring it up to my place n wan me to babysit it for 1 day.Unimpressed

i thought dog should be stay at home jaga rumah 1....Crazy

paulynn
ALPHA

Nov 4, 2003, 2:27 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1052 views)
Shortcut

Yes i know what u mean but since your dog's a puppy it should be treated as a baby first for they do not have mother figure(s).If u don't let her sleep beside u or just somewhere near you,it might cry whole night,not bark.U should know that crying is much worse than a barking.It's like a baby crying for attention.Hm,how old is your doggy anyway?Hey, all of us treat our dogs like little boy(s)/girl(s) too!

1 day should be no problem.Just make sure u put it in a crate if u aren't at home or look at her all the time if u are at home.Good luck girl!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my