ACS needs advice!

dawnteng
Novice

Oct 28, 2003, 11:09 PM

Post #1 of 10 (731 views)
Shortcut
ACS needs advice! Can't Post

Hi there,

Im new here, and I have a ACS which i brought last year from the pet shop! (didn't do proper research & didn't have any experience on getting a pet) Now, he is suffer from one type of skin disease.. only happen on his paws and is in between it and it looks really red and watery... Went for a vet and doctor said need to cut his hair till short and for the time being cannot have long hair Unsure and it looks ugly without hair...

What should I do now? I realize, when every time after I bring him out for walk and it will get more serious after that!! Will it sensitive with the grass outside the house?? (he stay in the house most of the time)

Hope will get some advise from here and let Russ feel better!!

Thanks..BlushBlush

Elly
ALPHA

Oct 28, 2003, 11:36 PM

Post #2 of 10 (725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dawnteng] ACS needs advice! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

Could it be mange? If yes, u can get all the info regarding mange in the puppy health session..Wink

doberman
ALPHA

Oct 29, 2003, 12:47 AM

Post #3 of 10 (719 views)
Shortcut

so sorry to hear bout that n hope that he will recover soon!

god bless!

Henry from Penang
dobermann@puppy.com.myWink

tkahhean

Oct 29, 2003, 1:52 AM

Post #4 of 10 (718 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear about this. I think you just follow what Vet told you and do it correctly, then will be ok.

Goodluck to you & your Little one~!!

tkahhean,
I love dogs and love dogs' lover too~!
Hope i'll have a puppy as soon as i wish~!

dawnteng
Novice

Oct 29, 2003, 2:02 AM

Post #5 of 10 (717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tkahhean] ACS needs advice! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,,

Thanks for the advise....i think i will just need to follow what the doctor told me and hope Russ will gets better....Unimpressed

~dawn~

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2003, 4:05 AM

Post #6 of 10 (711 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi,

maybe u should let Russ wear a e-collar to prevent him from licking, which'll worsen the situation.

Russ is very cunlah...lets's hope he'll recover soon. maybe u can consider cutting the hair near n in between his paws shorterSmile

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2003, 6:34 AM

Post #7 of 10 (707 views)
Shortcut

Hi there Smile

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

hmm...does your little one lick the are often? It sounds like a hot spot. If it is, first thing u gotta do is stop the licking/source of liquid which causes the dampness. You could use an e-collar(u can get it from a vet..very few pet shops sell them)

secondly, if it is a hot spot , there will be a bacterial infection. You need to get some antiseptic/anti-bacterial cream to combat the bacteria.

If it is not a hot spot,it might also be an infection spread through the grass.

Whatever it may be, it is advisable to keep his paws as dry as possible. But please, do not cover up his paws/wear shoes etc because it will cause to be even more damp which will encourage the bacterial growth.

P.S. you can do more research through this forum or the net/books etc Smile or...u could go seek a second opinion from another vet.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Samuel(ACS)

Oct 29, 2003, 6:56 PM

Post #8 of 10 (702 views)
Shortcut

Yeah reality dreamer is right.... try stopping him from licking its paw....well the e-collar will help alot...if you need to know more try going through the forum under health section....enjoy ya and not too worry everyone here will helpWink
Adios
Dan The Dog Man,
Dog Lover....WO..WO..

dawnteng
Novice

Oct 30, 2003, 6:37 PM

Post #9 of 10 (694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Samuel(ACS)] ACS needs advice! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

Thanks Nat, hope Russ will recover soon, so that I can bring him along for the next gathering.

Thanks all!! Russ is getting better coz he got to ware that e-collar from the vat...Smile

~dawn~

NikE
Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2003, 6:46 PM

Post #10 of 10 (680 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome to the forum Wink

-- N i k E --
B L A C K mixed L A B R A D O R

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my