To JRT owners in Petaling Jaya

tangyp
Novice

Oct 28, 2003, 9:19 PM

Post #1 of 13 (3291 views)
Shortcut
To JRT owners in Petaling Jaya Can't Post

Hello all.

Where do you send your JRTs to be groomed? Would prefer to look for groomer who has experience with them and know what to expect.

Thanks & regards.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Oct 31, 2003, 12:53 AM

Post #2 of 13 (3270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tangyp, ginl] To JRT owners in Petaling Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Tangyp,

Is that a wiry coat JRT u have there ? as for JRT grooming ... maybe Gina can help in recommending a few groomer to you. She owns 2 JRT (one short coat and another wiry coat too)

Gina, u got additional kaki here !

cheers,
minglmy

tangyp
Novice

Oct 31, 2003, 1:18 AM

Post #3 of 13 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] To JRT owners in Petaling Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there...

Thanks for the tip. I've already spoken to Gina but she's got a smooth coat JRT so grooming's not required yet...Don't know about the second one yet. :-)

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2003, 6:51 AM

Post #4 of 13 (3251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tangyp] To JRT owners in Petaling Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Andrew....managed to find a groomer for Joey? Sorry can't help you much coz never sent any for grooming before (except maybe myself sometimes Crazy)......one of the members here, cherrygan also has a new rough coat jrt pup about the same age as Bailey so you are still the first one in line to groom a rough coated jrt....pls share your experiece with us after Tongue

tangyp
Novice

Nov 6, 2003, 7:01 AM

Post #5 of 13 (3249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] To JRT owners in Petaling Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

No...haven't had much luck yet on finding the groomer. Most don't have experience with JRTs so I'm afraid they may not know what's in store for them. Tongue

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2003, 7:05 AM

Post #6 of 13 (3248 views)
Shortcut

I got an idea....get a book on how to hand strip a dog....put an ideal pic of a JRT in front of you and start plucking Tongue....if the end result is not as what u expected, then wait a few mths and you can start replucking and reshaping again haaahaaaa....

tangyp
Novice

Apr 1, 2005, 4:52 PM

Post #7 of 13 (3100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] To JRT owners in Petaling Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi...here's an update. Up till today, I've spoken to a few groomers. NONE of them has experience with JRT. Hmmmph...yes...I tried to do something simple to my Joey myself but obviously, the result not so satisfactory. :-(

Well...The search goes on...........

wais81
Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2005, 5:17 PM

Post #8 of 13 (3098 views)
Shortcut

hello, do you plan to pluck ur JRT, izzit necessary for you to do so?. well if u do not plan to show ur dog then using a clipper will be fine as well. as for plucking i know a guy that does a great job with plucking but he pluack schnauzer la, i am sure he can help you he is a very experience groomer. ..mail me if interested.

Christopher

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Apr 2, 2005, 6:41 PM

Post #9 of 13 (3077 views)
Shortcut

hey there

why do u want to groom ur jrt anyway? they dont need much grooming... and wht are u expecting fr the grooming? u wanna keep it short and tidy ?
if youre talking about show dog then its different,, u need to pluck the hair or wht we call strip. if its a pet then i wouldnt actually reccomend that as it's too much work and time consuming..u gotta do it quite often too... Frown so u gotta be specific wht u want on ur dog.. tell me more maybe i could help.. i've actually groomed a jrt before and as i said short n neat Frown
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

tangyp
Novice

Apr 3, 2005, 8:38 PM

Post #10 of 13 (3065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] To JRT owners in Petaling Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hey there

why do u want to groom ur jrt anyway? they dont need much grooming... and wht are u expecting fr the grooming? u wanna keep it short and tidy ?
if youre talking about show dog then its different,, u need to pluck the hair or wht we call strip. if its a pet then i wouldnt actually reccomend that as it's too much work and time consuming..u gotta do it quite often too... Frown so u gotta be specific wht u want on ur dog.. tell me more maybe i could help.. i've actually groomed a jrt before and as i said short n neat Frown

Yes...smooth coat JRT does not need any maintenance. But mine is a rough coat. And her hair is now long and MESSY! Would like it to be neat and tidy, so she looks more like a LADY! ;-)

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2005, 10:18 PM

Post #11 of 13 (3035 views)
Shortcut

WinkHa ha…a ladylike JRT…now dats a first. JRTs r meant 2 look rugged n messy. Dey r d samsengs of d K9 world n look quite d part ven muddy n with some dirt splashed on deir faces. No other dog can get away with dat ‘look’ n still appeal 2 d masses.

But I guess some rough coat ones do require grooming, otherwise u cant figure out d breed. Will check with another JRT owner who also has a really rugged JRT.

Groovy (JRT), ‘My favourite bath is d jungle trek mud bath.’

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

Cloe
Novice

May 21, 2005, 4:38 AM

Post #12 of 13 (2949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] To JRT owners in Petaling Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ritchie,

Some rough coat JRT's hair can gow up to quite a length and it can end up looking rather messy. Though it is meant to be a rugged breed, it is still good to keep the hair tidy and neat. While this can be achieved with the clipper, regular use will gradually damage the coat texture and colour. The use of a stripping knife (both the coarse and the fine ones), followed by the rolling the coat with a lime stone will not only remove the dead hair effectively, it will also encourage the growth of nice coarse healthy hair.

Cheers!

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Jun 14, 2005, 10:23 AM

Post #13 of 13 (2912 views)
Shortcut

Hi. I don't have any experience grooming JRTs but I have Westies. I hand strip my Westies. I can show you how to hand strip your JRT if you'd like. Email me at aquabotanica which is at hot mail with your telephone no and I'll call you back.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my