Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List??

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2004, 7:16 AM

Post #26 of 40 (2178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ruby_sushi] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile

Unsure Frown... sad sad sad...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

a_evie
Doggyman

Nov 16, 2004, 8:34 PM

Post #27 of 40 (2132 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

was happy when i saw the list. called those in peninsular onlyBlush. results are as follows

BALASFrown
"no"...we don't accept...must have been a mistake etc. hm... a waste as that place is really quite lovely...

strange for them to say no when i've seen their furkid lingering around the fireplace and garden.

FATHERS GUESTHOUSESmile
lovely lady by the name of Jay took the call...yes they are open to furmasters and furkids. call them at least a day beforehand at 05 491 2484. they have a gs and a terrier with them...if not mistake at rm80 a night.

CAMERONIAN INNTongue
called and a lady named rani picked up my call. yes they accept furkids...only small ones and please bring your own kennel (those foldable kennels are a good idea). you may call 05 491 1327 for more enquiries.

looking at the above choices...(no contact number for frasers bungalows)...i reckon my clear choice would be father's guesthouse since i do not need a kennel etc.

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Nov 17, 2004, 7:49 AM

Post #28 of 40 (2118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the research! I've also located (from the Internet) another place in Cameron Highlands: Daniel's Lodge (05-4915823). Like Father's & Cameronian Inn, this is also a backpacker's establishment.

Am planning to visit Cameron Highlands in January and will visit all these places. Will give another report then!

a_evie
Doggyman

Nov 20, 2004, 6:54 AM

Post #29 of 40 (2084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

cool...keep us posted.

i'll probably do a cameron too..but dunno when. it'll probably be one of the days that i wake up and decide that i shd have a break instead of work.....Crazyi know its what ppl call bad planning...hehe but its fun...only thing i pity my clients and staff then.

where else have you stayed previously with your furmaster?

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2004, 7:10 PM

Post #30 of 40 (2032 views)
Shortcut

last mth i bring my dog to eat "Dim Sum" at cheras Tmn Connaught...

nobody complain us...Smile

ya so bad.. hotel not pet friendly...

so stupid...

ruby_sushi

Dec 7, 2004, 8:29 AM

Post #31 of 40 (2025 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi..perhaps you can try to bring your dogs to Cameron..My Sushi and I went to Cameron last Saturday and we just came back this evening. We rented an apartment there, the owner saw my Sushi but they are fine and didn't make any complaint. We both enjoyed the trip and Sushi loves the cool weather there...I even brought her to the Boh Tea plantation and Step In Farm. The Step In Farm was so nice we can pick n pluck the fresh vege there and the price was so cheap compared to the market place...the owner of the Farm is a dogs lover too..he keeps 4 dogs there and he was very friendly and allowed Sushi to walk in to the farm. Really nice place!

Sushi n Ruby
Dogs Lover

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2004, 4:18 PM

Post #32 of 40 (2020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ruby_sushi] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh oh oh! so great to hear tat!

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2004, 7:07 PM

Post #33 of 40 (1995 views)
Shortcut

oh...lucky sushi...which apartment did you stay in?

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2004, 7:10 PM

Post #34 of 40 (1996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

dim sum definitely no prob...the restaurants are generally ok. we only had problem with teh customers who barked at her while she just stared at them!

ruby_sushi

Dec 9, 2004, 7:07 AM

Post #35 of 40 (1978 views)
Shortcut

We stayed in the Desa Anthurium apartment between tanah rata and Brinchang...good location. If u want the contact number I can email to u.

Ruby n Sushi
Dogs Lover

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 10, 2004, 2:43 AM

Post #36 of 40 (1960 views)
Shortcut

great...but share the number with all lar....Wink

Minimax
Novice

Dec 18, 2004, 4:54 PM

Post #37 of 40 (1913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [justinsoong] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Its dog-lovers fault that hotels refuse.

Most hotels in Malaysia are not family run – but corporate owned. This means usually Malay ownership. The family run hotels are mostly of poor standards – as ‘maintenance and upkeep’ is in Malaysia anyway the biggest problem.

Even if the hotel is not in Malay-ownership, the people doing the cleaning work are Muslims, and even there is no reference in the Koran about ‘dogs being NoNo-creatures’ most Muslims have a negative association to dogs and treat them on par with pigs. Hence they feel to be right - NOT accepting dogs as a part of Gods creation and tolerating them.

So who will clean? The problems are not only cultural but attitude:

Littering

Hardly any dog owner picks up their dodo in public areas. Why would they in a hotel where most take the attitude that they are paying guests.

Malaysians a generally litterers. Rubbish collection and cleaning is done for them by Indon-slaves.

Chinese and Indians are amongst the worst. Just go into a Malays Kampong and compare them to a Chinese or Indian quarter.

In Europe, every dog owner will go with plastic bags for a walk and collect the dodo and dispose it at home. In Malaysia plastic bags are handed out free for littering in public areas.

Noise

Asians are generally noisy – While Sony invented the Walkman and Earphone to keep noise pollution concealed – Asians seem to enjoy and don’t mind it. This is naturally different by true dog lovers as they realize that it hurts their pet’s sensitive hearing – but not if we talk about barking, which they consider ‘a natural noise’.

The idea of holidays is peace and quiet. How do you stop as hotel owner, other peoples barking dogs, which the owners don’t or can’t stop? Accepting dogs as ‘family-members’ does not mean to prioritize them over other hotel-guests without dogs.

Smell

Its easy to find a Chinese lorry owner (can also be a construction tycoonJ who also owns a dog. His lorry or motorbike is polluting and so is his dog. Either seems OK to him, since he is paying for his license. Some sleep with their pets in the same bed and a bed sheet is no protection for pet-fluids to penetrate and seep into the mattress. Bad enough by humans, Hotels suffer if they accept mostly anyway non-paying pets.

Damage

If dogs are left in a room and they decide to chew on furniture, scratch doors, dirty or damage any interior, who will pay? Malaysians are damaging other peoples cars in parking lots without reporting and paying for the damage, why should they report and pay for damage here?

If you want to know why we have less problems in Europe to travel with animals? Well I guess it boils down to attitude.

Frankly – if you owned a hotel, would you allow dogs?

sky
New User

Jan 14, 2005, 2:39 AM

Post #38 of 40 (1839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [justinsoong] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I brought Sky to Redang with me a few years back. He survived the boat trip AND won hearts of the entire (Muslim) village so he was never short of baby sitters while we dived. I have a feeling that with Malaysia, you just have to go with the flow and negotiate with the managers of the resorts you stay at. Most regulations (against dogs) are created out of politeness and a fear of offending, but if you reason well and are yourself a great ambassador for your pooch, anything goes in Malaysia, thats the beauty of this country! They'll just close one eye and even babysit for you when you're not looking!

In Reply To
Dear Fur-friends community,

Is there a definitive list of dog friendly hotels in Malaysia? I have tried calling Damai Laut in Lumut but the guy on the phone says that they don't allow pet dogs at all. I'm planning for a holiday late next week and would really love to be able to bring my Shihtze along. Would really appreciate information from aAnybody with actual hotel lodging experience with their fur-kids.

Goochie and friends.

a_evie
Doggyman

Apr 28, 2006, 8:36 AM

Post #39 of 40 (1564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

updates!

cameronian inn is NO longer furkid friendly. spoke to them hours back.

sigh....

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 5, 2006, 8:50 AM

Post #40 of 40 (1306 views)
Shortcut

Daniel's Lodge is dog-friendly, at least, if you bring a small dog. I called them a couple of months ago.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my