First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

justinsoong
Novice

Oct 24, 2003, 8:25 AM

Post #1 of 40 (8359 views)
Shortcut
Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? Can't Post

Dear Fur-friends community,

Is there a definitive list of dog friendly hotels in Malaysia? I have tried calling Damai Laut in Lumut but the guy on the phone says that they don't allow pet dogs at all. I'm planning for a holiday late next week and would really love to be able to bring my Shihtze along. Would really appreciate information from aAnybody with actual hotel lodging experience with their fur-kids.

Goochie and friends.
Goochie & Friends

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Oct 24, 2003, 8:51 AM

Post #2 of 40 (8351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [justinsoong] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

I hv tried to call up several hotels in Malaysia about pets allowed but, all also Do Not AllowedFrown so, i dun think u can find any hotels tat allowed pets in Malaysia lorr...Pirate

regards,Unimpressed
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

justinsoong
Novice

Oct 25, 2003, 5:16 AM

Post #3 of 40 (8339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

One more reason to migrate. *Sigh*

Thanks for feedback, Cheers.
Goochie & Friends

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2003, 6:47 AM

Post #4 of 40 (8334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [justinsoong] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes.....it's a sad fact that malaysian hotels are still not dog friendly... but you're migrating becoz of this??? just curious lah.....

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

lulugurl
ALPHA

Oct 25, 2003, 8:44 AM

Post #5 of 40 (8332 views)
Shortcut

Hello

since your dog is a shih tzu, maybe u can just sneak ur dog in...SlyUnimpressedTongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

phooisie
Dog Kichi

Oct 26, 2003, 12:15 AM

Post #6 of 40 (8321 views)
Shortcut

hello...

Actually I am also looking for a hotel that allow pet lor. I've got a shih tsu too. Not to say going on a holiday with my dog. Even going for drink for dinner, in malaysia, there's no restaurant that allow us lor. I used to bring my dog to coffee bean mont kiara, but then now those ppl tell us off. i can only bring my dog to one restaurant currently...that's my fren's restaurant. it's so sad. my dog is always left alone at home. I am planning a migration too. and looking into ways to bring my dog over. Still finding out on the details and process of bringing in a dog and the quarantine unit.

Justinsoong, where r u migrating to? and do u know the procedure?

would like to share..

phooi sie

justinsoong
Novice

Oct 28, 2003, 8:45 AM

Post #7 of 40 (8292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phooisie] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ops. Sorry for casting the wrong impression. I'm not exactly planning to migrate but was just lamenting out loud about the unfriendliness of the country to pet dogs - kind of tougue in cheek, but not exactly with a lot of merriment - if you know what I mean. All in all, I guess doggie friendliness is certainly a factor when considering where to retire - for me anyway.

Procedures for importing dogs to most countries are pretty straightforward. Usually, it involves submitting an application, and then quaranteeing the pet for a period of time when landed. My previous Shihtze which then belonged to my cousin sister was imported from Japan (had a airplane seat of its own!) and had to be quarantined in Singapore for 30 days before being brought in to Malaysia. Can't remember what the procedure was in Malaysia - in fact, may have slipped in unnoticed at the time which was many many years ago. Most immigration websites should provide some sort of information about importation and quarantine procedures.
Goochie & Friends

torochan

Oct 30, 2003, 12:00 AM

Post #8 of 40 (8264 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi

need to know either china have the quaranting prosedure for importing dog from malaysia?? i have a 8mths old chow chow n might hv to travel to china for few mths next year.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2003, 10:18 AM

Post #9 of 40 (8236 views)
Shortcut
Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope this will come in handy though it is too late..........

I got this add fron one of the dog shows noy lon ago.........

this place in PD called:

Palm Spring Resort City, Port Dickson

price: RM 248nett inclusive of 2 buffet breakfast and 2 buffet dinner

Dates available: 1 nov 2003, 15 nov 2003, 6 dec 2003, 20 dec 2003

try calling this number 603-7956 6186

I think the shop in in seksyen 14 Petaling jaya Selangor

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

phooisie
Dog Kichi

Nov 2, 2003, 7:05 AM

Post #10 of 40 (8233 views)
Shortcut

Hie...i understand wat u mean. i thought that way too. I am looking into migrating to australia. and had search various infor over the internet. but then some of the procedures is rather complex and i'm not sure if it really works. As i do heard alot of story bout dog died in quarantine...this really worries me.

ur cousin import dog from japan? u mean the dog got a seat in the plane..tat was cool...and tell me more bout it?

Maybe we can email each other bout it.

Phooi Sie

justinsoong
Novice

Nov 4, 2003, 7:12 AM

Post #11 of 40 (8217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [torochan] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi - not sure about quarantine procedures in China....sorry can't help on this one.
Goochie & Friends

justinsoong
Novice

Nov 4, 2003, 7:19 AM

Post #12 of 40 (8216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks! Will check out the hotel you suggested the next time I plan a trip. Smile
Goochie & Friends

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2003, 6:38 AM

Post #13 of 40 (8205 views)
Shortcut

HiHi,

Do you bring your doggies for trips often? that is if you have a place for them to stay..

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Sep 21, 2004, 8:23 AM

Post #14 of 40 (7712 views)
Shortcut

Check out this web page http://wildasia.net/...cle.cfm?articleID=33 for a list of pet-friendly hotels...

ladee_m
Doggyman

Sep 22, 2004, 10:06 PM

Post #15 of 40 (7665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Smile

Thanks for the info Wink

ahyang
New User

Sep 24, 2004, 9:20 PM

Post #16 of 40 (7637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to bring my dog to places like Frasers hill and Cameron High.

wendy_h

Oct 14, 2004, 1:53 AM

Post #17 of 40 (7530 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

I've just cancelled my holiday to Penang coz I can't find any hotel which will allow my doggie in. But is this definite? This PD hotel? They allow dogs? Coz if they do, then I will definitely book in next week...planning to bring my dog to run on the beach......

FrownView Ginger's profile on DogsterFrown

FrownIts dogs world out there!

ladee_m
Doggyman

Oct 14, 2004, 2:47 AM

Post #18 of 40 (7528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wendy_h] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile

U are refering to this info???

Palm Spring Resort City, Port Dickson

price: RM 248nett inclusive of 2 buffet breakfast and 2 buffet dinner

Dates available: 1 nov 2003, 15 nov 2003, 6 dec 2003, 20 dec 2003

try calling this number 603-7956 6186

Pls do call the number above to check... I got this info a year ago so I'm not sure if they do still have the same promotions... good luck... Wink

wendy_h

Oct 14, 2004, 11:23 PM

Post #19 of 40 (7512 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ladee-M,

Thanks! That was the resort that I was referring to. But once I looked at it, its not very near the beach or on the beach and its more for golfers. I wanna bring my dog to the beach (she loves it there). But well, if really no other choice I guess I will have to bring her to Palm Springs. Thanks for the info! I think they have an even better promo right now. But I think I'm gonna go to Avillion instead and sneak my dog in. After all their floors are not carpeted, it's all wooden chalets and my dog is toilet trained (I mean paper), so it shouldn't be a problem. But anyhow I'm gonna try ask them first if I can bring a small little dog. If can't then I sneak in. Tongue

Will keep everyone posted if can bring doggies to Avillion!Cool

ladee_m
Doggyman

Oct 15, 2004, 7:54 AM

Post #20 of 40 (7503 views)
Shortcut

HI Smile

Thanks for sharing too... do let us know what works out for u... have a good holiday Wink

wendy_h

Oct 16, 2004, 9:55 PM

Post #21 of 40 (7488 views)
Shortcut

OK, I've tried calling a few - Avillion, Corus Hotel, Bayu Beach Resort and Corus Apartments (which are under the same mgmt as Palm Springs). All of them said no pets allowed. Corus Aprtments..I told them that my dog is well trained and its just a small dog and since the floors were not carpeted, why not? You know what they said? They said dogs are dirty...I was like "WHaaaaaaat???? My dog bathe twice a week and could very well be better smelling that you!" They then asked me to call the person in charge on Monday.....

Sigh...I guess its so difficult to go for a holiday with our best friends. I think I'm just gonna have to live her at home and go spend my holiday allowance in Cyberview Lodge instead by going for all the massages and facials and pedicures, etc....

ladee_m
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2004, 6:45 PM

Post #22 of 40 (7482 views)
Shortcut

HI Smile

So sad to heard that... hmmm... well, its sad to live in a country with ppl who discriminate animals (doggies) as if they were aliens... like u say, our furkids are most of the time "better smelling" than they are and I dare say have a better moral than they do!... If these ppl vs dogs to the heavens, I'm sure our beloved doggies will over populate heavens Wink...

Hope u have a good holiday and wishing ur furkid a good time as well even if he cannot go... Cool

amy
Novice

Oct 22, 2004, 4:48 PM

Post #23 of 40 (7449 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Did u bring your furkid to Palm Spring Resort City Port Dickson for holiday ?

Palm Spring very far from the PD beach.

I plan to bring my dog to PD this Hari Raya.

Where do u bring your dog on the PD beach ? Where no Malay is around ?

I canft sneak my dog coz hefs a GRcFrown

~~For better or worse, through sickness and health, for the good times and bad times you will always be my no. 1 lexicon~~
@-->In loving memory of Lassie<--@

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 23, 2004, 1:26 AM

Post #24 of 40 (7435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [amy] Dog Friendly Hotels - Definitive List?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, all hotels in Malaysia do not allow dogs..... Palm Springs only allow dogs when they have special promotion packages on specific dates for dog owners and their dogs...... coz they give you special area and they need to make that area dog friendly and make sure no muslims are around......

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

ruby_sushi

Nov 1, 2004, 6:12 AM

Post #25 of 40 (7368 views)
Shortcut

I agreed with u Ladee_m. FrownOur country has discrimination on doggie. I called one of the Hotel and ask if I can bring in my pet with me and u know how they response to me? The first question the asked was: is it a cat or a dog? When I said is a doggie and straight they say NO! I wonder if they don't let pets in why must they ask me the first question? Perhaps if my Sushi is a cat they might consider ...sigh..Mad

Mummy & Sushi
Dogs Lover

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my