Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Breed Specific: Utility Group:
Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ?

ANRINE
Novice

Oct 23, 2003, 8:42 PM

Post #1 of 12 (2666 views)
Shortcut
Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? Can't Post

Wat is the ideal age for my pup to get the cut huh ? Cos now she look like a bear haha !

Xana
Dog Kichi

Oct 24, 2003, 4:37 AM

Post #2 of 12 (2655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ANRINE] Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? [In reply to] Can't Post

If you mean ears cropping then in Europe is usuall to crop puppies around 6 weeks of age or later. Till 4 months it is quite possible. Then is big risk that ears will not stay properly,

XAna

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 25, 2003, 5:21 AM

Post #3 of 12 (2648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ANRINE] Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Anrine,

LOL! I know excatly what you mean about the bear-bear look! Wink

I have seen 7 weeks old MS puppies in pet shops that are already groomed.

Generally, to maintain the smart Schnauzer look, (we are talking abou the pet cut here..ie. using electric clippers), a MS would have to be groomed every 4-6 weeks. Maximum would be 8 weeks before our MS starts turning into a bear-bear breed!

Rdgs Arthur

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 25, 2003, 5:23 AM

Post #4 of 12 (2647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Xana] Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Xana,

Ear cropping done at 6 weeks? And this is commonly done in Europe? Interesting. All this while, I was under the impression that ear cropping is recommended to be c/out on 10weeks old pups.. Something about fear period..

Rdgs Arthur

Xana
Dog Kichi

Oct 27, 2003, 1:45 AM

Post #5 of 12 (2637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Arthur,
maybe I am wrong. Because in our country is ear cropping banned for 10 years. After all some people still crop their dogs and nobody affects them... So it is possible that I remmember age of cropping worse. I can ask some friend from European country where is ear-cropping possible. Will let you know.

2 months ago we have imported cropped giant schnauzer from Skansen's kennel USA and I have seen video tape by Sylvia HAmmarstrom /Skansen's kennel/. She speaks about cropping in 6 or 7 weeks of age. Well, that's it.

I'll let you know
Xana

tkahhean

Oct 30, 2005, 11:27 PM

Post #6 of 12 (2360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Xana] Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

So have you found out what is the age suitable for cropping already? Because my puppy now is about 12weeks...so is it possible to do?

Thanks.

tkahhean,
I love dogs and love dogs' lover too~!
Hope i'll have a puppy as soon as i wish~!

oahams7
Novice

Nov 1, 2005, 9:47 AM

Post #7 of 12 (2344 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tkahhean] Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello tkahhean,

I already seek the infomartion from vet, the most suitable time to crop ears is during 3-4 months!

So If u plan to crop ears, then wat u waiting for..? Wink

Man Man - Welcome Guests!
www.dogster.com/?180888

Popeye - Anti Guests!
www.dogster.com/?196289

tkahhean

Nov 7, 2005, 6:54 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oahams7] Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Oahams7,

Nice to meet you!!

Now my MS is about 3.25 months, so according to your info, it is still fine to do cropping. Why am I still waiting for ar? haha...probably worry she will pain.....!!! Do anyway i will discuss with family & gf first lah...!! For my opinion, it is nice to crop...!!!

tkahhean,

oahams7
Novice

Nov 7, 2005, 9:36 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tkahhean] Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, tkahhean,

i just sent my schnauzer for ears cropped last saturday.

He's not as pain as i tok..Bcuz Sec day he already act like usual..

I feel lucky bcuz he able to 'tahan' his pain!Smile

Yes,the ears stand erect looks more alert and smart!

I'm not encourage u to crop ur schnauzer's ears,last decision is in ur hand.

Cuz some of them might think crop ears is cruel!

Best regards

Best regards

www.dogster.com/?180888

Popeye - Anti Guests!
www.dogster.com/?196289

tkahhean

Nov 13, 2005, 6:15 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oahams7] Min Age to get a Schnauzer Cut for My pup ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Wah...! So nice..sure looks smarter!!! How much have you paid for the cropping? Is there any extra amount have to pay besides this? How long your pup has to wrap the ears?

Thanks.

tkahhean,

oahams7
Novice

Nov 14, 2005, 7:25 PM

Post #11 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

alrite,The operation for ear cropping was cost RM250..

The other stuff like dressing or cleaning ears u can either done by urself or vet.

RM20 will be charge for each dressing.The dressing is an easy process.Normally first or second time done by vet then the following u can done by urself.

Wrapping ears is depend on schnauzer condition.If her ears able to stand erect without wrap then u can take it off and throw it away.

After operation, my dog drink lots of water..until his stomach become big tummy..But the nurse told me it's normal dun worry..!Haha..

The ears must be kept very clean so it won't have any infection of the incisions.

U must find the vet who reli experience for doing ears cropping cuz the risk do exist !!

Ok...!Cool

www.dogster.com/?180888

Popeye - Anti Guests!
www.dogster.com/?196289

(This post was edited by oahams7 on Nov 14, 2005, 7:30 PM)

tkahhean

Nov 22, 2005, 5:42 AM

Post #12 of 12 (2253 views)
Shortcut

Hi Oahams7,

Woud like to seek your advice on the MS ear cropping. My pup at 3 mths old just had her ear cropped 2 days ago here in Penang, and now

she's facing difficulty in adapting to it, coz the 2 sticks are tied at her ears, she felt uncomfortable and shake around, causing 1 of the stick to came out

and dangling around. Did u have any experience on this? her wound is still wet and havent really dry off, with the stiches around the side.

it's really heart breaking to see her suffer in this way any idea how to keep her calm down and feel comfortable? how long will this take

for her to settle down? How long did ur dog recover from the wound and stiches took out? Please advice. Looking forward for your reply asap

thanks alot! Smile

p/s: do u have any good doc to recommend me on his consultation? might need to seek more different opinion, coz i dont think the doc i went

to is pro enough...thats the problem...Unsure

tkahhean,

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my