First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 25, 2003, 10:44 AM

Post #51 of 64 (883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NikE] HiHi [In reply to] Can't Post

HiSmile

thanks for the wlcome....your doggie looks sop adorable...what's its name?

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

musashi
ALPHA

Nov 25, 2003, 10:59 PM

Post #52 of 64 (881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] HiHi [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
Your dog is poddle right ? You must be very patient to keep him looking so good.

Blush I am the man with dog's name

SH See
Dog Kichi

Nov 26, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #53 of 64 (880 views)
Shortcut

Smileladee_m,

harry n sabrina r fine. harry allowed me to brush his teeth but not his nail, i struggle for 2 hrs to finish the clipping of his nail. i also start to brush sabrina teeth, she is playful, coz only 2 month + but i want to start the cleaning task as earlier as i could. learn from the lesson of cleaning for harry, we should start to teach the dog when he/she is pup, otherwise the struggle to do the cleaning is over whelming.Pirate

from ur reply i get to know u also the 1st timer of keeping doggie. me too, and some more i have to manage 2 not 1!Unsure but the forum friend is so helpful, we exchange note n experience to keeping dog well in track.

have u heard about BARF? means feed the doggie food in raw(uncooked such as chic neck, lamb or even beef and also all kind of vege in raw), i had start to give harry some chic neck alternate day, coz the forum friend said it is great for their teeth. some even said they no need to do brushing for the dog's teeth, coz the chew of the bone helps to clean the tartar!

it works for harry, i have seen the tartar at the back teeth is reducing. hopefully the tartar is totally clean, then i would recommend to forum friend there is another way to clean the doggie teeth instead of brushing only.

well, i stop now. see u Wink

SH See
Dog Kichi

Nov 26, 2003, 12:53 AM

Post #54 of 64 (880 views)
Shortcut

eh, i miss out to tell u i'm not going to the gathering, coz i live in penang. i think the gathering will be fun and great, but if there is any gathering hosted in penang i would join the croud. miss the gathering.

see ya.Sly

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 26, 2003, 8:40 AM

Post #55 of 64 (879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] HiHi [In reply to] Can't Post

HiHiSmile Musashi,

Yes, Ladee is a miniature poodle...I try my best to groom her at least twice a day and give her bath every 5 days once.... it has alot to do with her food too...I give her cod livers oil and supliments to keep the skin and coat healthy...I had problems with her skin once and had to be really careful with her food...thanks for the compliments...your doggie looks great tooWink

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 26, 2003, 9:27 AM

Post #56 of 64 (877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SH See] HiHi [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi SH SeeSmile

Good to hear that your doggies are doing good...I have troubles getting Ladee to clean up too...she was fine before but lately she has been refusing to let me clean her ear which I do every week...and these last 2 days she is not really cooperative when I am grooming her too...maybe she is tired after the long trip we had last Saturday to Ipoh and is still recovering from the journey...

about training our doggies to be still while we are grooming is true...I agree...which is why I have to force Ladee whether she likes it or not to comb her hair and clean her ears...she enjoys her bath time and will be still till I am finished even during the drying time...

Actually I have kept dog since young but do not really know alot up till I met my bf...he thought me alot about the various breed and the care and handling...how to be a responsible owner...before that I had doggies just as house pet and do not know that there are doggies that actually have certs...BlushUnsure the dogs I had at home was usually given by ppl or rescued by my brothers... we never brought the dogs for jabs and health checks...did not know that it was necessary and important...the vet was to us an emergency doctor when your dog got hurt or other severe cases...Crazy

Ladee is therefore my first and real pet coz now I live away from my family and have to care for her all on my own...I bought her from a local breeder...dotted on her day and nite like she is my baby...took her for all the necessary jabs...read up on all I need to know about poodles and is still reading more....every day I am learning new stuff on how to better myself and to be a good owner...Wink

About BARF I am not entirely into the idea...I do give Ladee vegie together with her dry food but I do not think I'll start her on raw or cooked meat coz:

raw is to me not so goodUnsure...a vet once told me that if an animal taste blood it wold turn dangerous...simply coz we do not include it in our diet...those dogs bred for fighting eats the same thing and that is how they become wild and agressive...i guess if you cook the meat then it is okay but not raw...raw food has bacteria too ...

Cooked meat is no no coz Ladee is really smart...If I start her with that she'll not touch her dry food anymore...once she had a chance to sneek out and ate the big dogs food in my bf's house...it took me almost a month to get her eating her dry food again...I have no time to cook for her daily and if I give her on weekends then she'll probably not eat the 5 days of dry food....

Bones...messy...chicken and lamb bones is a no no for dogs....coz they are really sharp and breaks into splinter like, so it can cause damage in dogs intestines...my dad gave them to the dogs back home once and they had blood in their stool... a vet confirmed the cause was the food...so to help Ladee keep her teeth clean I give her raw hide and those bones made to help clean the teeth...and I brush her teeth every weekSmile

I guess everybody has their own teory and mine are just made to custom fit LadeeLaugh I don't think there is a wrong or right as long as it works for your dogggies...

so how old are your Harry n sabrina?you keep them indoors?are they siblings or you got them seperately? I am considering getting Ladee a companion but that will be a plan for further future...now with her alone is more than enough for me to handle...plus I do not know if she will get jelous coz she is really possesive of me...she might just think the new pup is gonna steal me away...Pirate

musashi
ALPHA

Nov 26, 2003, 8:14 PM

Post #57 of 64 (875 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I see you are feeding RAW food to your doggie ? Well,I don't think its good idea,moreover BONES ? It sound dangerous leh !

It's better to buy some teeth cleaning toys or food for your dog.

Ya ~~~~~~!! Can't imagine a small poddle eating RAW chicken neck !!

musashi
ALPHA

Nov 26, 2003, 8:17 PM

Post #58 of 64 (874 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ladee_M,

I fully support your thory.

My dog has been with us for 8 years already and he still looks good & healthy. One thing very nice of him is that he don't need any grooming.

In the air-cond room for almost 24 hrs a day ! I belive air-con will helpd the dog's fur grow nicer !

SH See
Dog Kichi

Nov 26, 2003, 9:47 PM

Post #59 of 64 (873 views)
Shortcut

musashi san,

ur dog is very 'ho miah'(good in life) then the human being, 24 hrs in air cond room, he really cooool!

well, i get to know barf from forum friend, i tried 2 chic neck in small pieces one couple day. i'm yet to wait for the result(to get rid of tartar)

thks for ur advise.

see uWink

SH See
Dog Kichi

Nov 26, 2003, 10:01 PM

Post #60 of 64 (872 views)
Shortcut

hi ladee_m,

thks for ur explanation, i do take into consideration of what u hv said, so i just give harry 2 chic neck in smal pieces.

i quite agree with u too for the facts that our dog is meant for pet not for hunting or chasing the prey. i still give harry n sabrina dry food. yesterday i got doggie milk (from supermarket)for sabrina coz she only 2 mth+, she a little bit of skinny. i do give harry some for breakfast, he is going to 2 in jan.

i also scare if harry become wild or fierce, perhaps i will ask the vet opinion before i really give him the entire raw food for everyday.Unsure

i mostly keep them indoor in their home(cage), i allowed them come into the house for about 2 to 4 hrs per day where i got time to monitor them, coz harry still like to pee in the houseUnsure. sabrina is easier to molded her, now she pee n poo in the toilet most of the time.

btw, i've got one url where u can see their pics. pls let me know ur email address, the web allowed me to invite non member to view the album which we keep in the web. ok?

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2003, 8:35 AM

Post #61 of 64 (870 views)
Shortcut

HiHiWink

Thanks for the support and like I said, different owners have different theory...there is no wrong or right but just what you think is good for your furry friends...Smile

I envy you not having to do grooming...I wish I can bold LadeeLaugh but then she will not look so nice...Crazyanyhow I do enjoy the grooming sessions with her...like bonding and when I do the grooming I give her massage too...she likes itCool

Ladee sleeps with me at night in air-cond room too but day time she has only the fan in the house...unless I am not working....and I do agree that air-cond can somehow make their coat look better...

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2003, 8:43 AM

Post #62 of 64 (869 views)
Shortcut

HiHiSmile

About doggie milk..there is a brand that is really good for pups (MILKADOG) fron France...I gave it to Ladee when I first brought her home ...it is little costly but really good...my bf gave it to his golden puppies too and I know of some reputable breeders that uses it for the pups they breed...They say it is the closes resemblance to the mothers milk for doggies...it gives good vitamins and the pups that takes it are stronger...

well female dogs are easier to train I guess just like humans...girls are better than boys...GIRL POWERLaugh

my email ladee_m@hotmail.com

SH See
Dog Kichi

Nov 29, 2003, 6:17 AM

Post #63 of 64 (864 views)
Shortcut

i quite agree to u, today i plug sabrina inner ear fur (as told by breeder), she is so good, i got no problem to touch her both ears, she allowed me to clean the ear wax n pulling the dead fur. may be she afraid of height, coz i put her on the toilet bowl, one time she nearly falling but of course i was there so she jus stay nicely for me to do the cleaning, how great if the 2 yrs old harry let me do that.Unsure or may be girl is really more easier to train!

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 29, 2003, 6:53 PM

Post #64 of 64 (863 views)
Shortcut

HISmile

Your Sabrina really so good...like an angelAngelic...Ladee is not so good as your Sabrina...though she allows me to groom her but once in a while, she'll put up a fight...especilly pulling her ear hair...Unsureshe is really manja and is always sticking near me...erxcept for cleaning ear time...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my