Dog trainer

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Oct 19, 2003, 7:07 PM

Post #1 of 57 (4949 views)
Shortcut
Dog trainer Can't Post

Does anyone know where in Malaysia I can be trained as a professional dog trainer? (any kind) or Do I have to go such school overseas like USA to be trained so? If anyone knows which school is good for overseas please give me sites, address, or telephone number. Thankssssssssssssssss!!

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 21, 2003, 3:18 AM

Post #2 of 57 (4920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [whity_rabirabit] Dog trainer [In reply to] Can't Post

hi~!

i went to the dog show in ipoh last month and there were some indian guys who were showing ppl photos of thier trained dogs...i left the namecard at home.....the place is in perak and i think i remember seeing on the card that they train dogs as well as ppl to be trainers.....but am not sure how good they are..

as for overseas instituition, IMHO, i think US would be the best choice.

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

lulugurl
ALPHA

Oct 21, 2003, 3:43 AM

Post #3 of 57 (4919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Dog trainer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

if u meant the indian guy that is sitting inside wan..with all the pictures rite? he's datuk fonseka lo...Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

kaerb

Oct 21, 2003, 11:16 AM

Post #4 of 57 (4908 views)
Shortcut

check this site http://www.*********** Advertising Contents Deleted.

(This post was edited by Admin on Oct 23, 2003, 5:23 AM)

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Oct 21, 2003, 7:02 PM

Post #5 of 57 (4905 views)
Shortcut

hello! Where can I have such info on IMHO? What is this? (I don't know anything lol!!) Unsure

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Oct 21, 2003, 7:06 PM

Post #6 of 57 (4904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaerb] Dog trainer [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks I don't see any women...in the pics....HAHAHAHAH!! (i'm a gal)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 21, 2003, 8:58 PM

Post #7 of 57 (4897 views)
Shortcut

IMHO means In My Honest Opinion Wink
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PSD
ALPHA

Oct 21, 2003, 10:03 PM

Post #8 of 57 (4894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Dog trainer [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hello,

if u meant the indian guy that is sitting inside wan..with all the pictures rite? he's datuk fonseka lo...Smile

Lulu,

For just a moment here was wondering how the Datuk F.... became an indian guy?....lolTongue

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Oct 22, 2003, 3:46 PM

Post #9 of 57 (4876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Dog trainer [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow Thanks!! I've never known that! :P

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 23, 2003, 5:52 AM

Post #10 of 57 (4856 views)
Shortcut

Winkyou're welcome

now u know..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

tkahhean

Oct 23, 2003, 5:43 PM

Post #11 of 57 (4849 views)
Shortcut

You wanna become a trainer hor?

tkahhean

tkahhean,
I love dogs and love dogs' lover too~!
Hope i'll have a puppy as soon as i wish~!

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 23, 2003, 9:08 PM

Post #12 of 57 (4842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Dog trainer [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm...no lah...i think not the indian guy sitting in the van.....he's actually at the area where ppl are preparing to show their dogs.....

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 23, 2003, 9:10 PM

Post #13 of 57 (4842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [whity_rabirabit,realitydreamer] Dog trainer [In reply to] Can't Post

IMHO = In my humble opinion

it's not gonna be cheap to take a course in canine training.....i know some US schools charge USD2K, some charge USD6K and it's only for about 2 months..

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Oct 25, 2003, 6:13 AM

Post #14 of 57 (4832 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tkahhean] Dog trainer [In reply to] Can't Post

of coz i'd love to!

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Oct 25, 2003, 6:15 AM

Post #15 of 57 (4831 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I know it's very expensive...the school i've found online so far is very expensive too. but my dad has been agreed to me...it only lasts for about 12 weeks or maybe I can stay more and get paid while learning. Not easy eh? But its really really interesting and I believe it wlil worth it!!

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2003, 6:39 AM

Post #16 of 57 (4829 views)
Shortcut

ooh....you've found a school? which one?

so nice that your dad agreed to let you do training.....i also wanted to learn dog training but my mom says it's too expensive so........=( cannot loh.....

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Oct 27, 2003, 9:02 PM

Post #17 of 57 (4813 views)
Shortcut

It's called Triple Crown Academy in Texas but I'm not sure yet because haven't applied....hmmm!! I knowwww it's damn expensive but I'm sure I'll pay back this gift someday to my parents. and I will work hard and earn lots!!

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2003, 9:13 AM

Post #18 of 57 (4783 views)
Shortcut

hmm...never heard of that school though..but if you want, maybe you can check out national k-9...the school is in columbus, ohio..

of course you'll work hard and earn lots...i would do so too..=)

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Nov 5, 2003, 5:27 PM

Post #19 of 57 (4779 views)
Shortcut

Thanks I will check this out!^^

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2003, 8:38 PM

Post #20 of 57 (4776 views)
Shortcut

no prob~!

oh so you have a GR as well? i have one too! is yours a he or she? Smile

so you're gonna be the first US dog trainer in m'sia huh? heheheh.....

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Nov 20, 2003, 9:04 PM

Post #21 of 57 (4751 views)
Shortcut

Yesh, I have one Golden Retriever! It's she and her name is Lucky. :) She's about 1yr and 3months old now. How about yours? I do not thinkor not think I'll be first trainer in Malaysia since there are some trainers who came back from overseas! :P May I ask one thing? Why do you say "Stop Buying" "Don't Buy from Petshop"? Lucky came from one of the pet hops in ss2, lol I'm just wondering why, hehe! I'm sorry for a late reply. I don't use much internet these days. :)

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 20, 2003, 9:18 PM

Post #22 of 57 (4750 views)
Shortcut

oohh...a female goldie..nice!!! mine is 2 yrs and 8 mths now....very naughty lah.....Tongue

yeah...true also...but i think most trainers train in germany...some ppl told me trainers from the US is the best....dunno....Crazy

what i meant is that puppies from petshops mostly come from puppy mills...puppy mills are like a 'factory' that churns out puppies...their main purpose is to make money coz doggie business is damn good right now man...the dogs in puppy mills are like breeding machines....all they do is breed and breed and breed...they are not well taken care of and it's really a sad state....although some mills are quite clean....also, you never know if the sire and dam are healthy or not...hopefully your goldie is fine....so next time if you plan to get another dog...just get it from a breeder....Smile

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Nov 20, 2003, 11:58 PM

Post #23 of 57 (4744 views)
Shortcut

Kewl! Lucky is naughty too. She loves to sleep on my pillow and occupy my bed. She doesn't really sleep on the floor but sometimes.:P It's nice sleeping with her but sometimes we feel it's too hot and we'll be kicking and punching and pushing with each other. :P

I have no idea on which country has the best training. But I think it'll depend on yourself. and I believe that How truely you're devoted to it and compassion, love towads dogs. :) I like the way one of the schools in USA said "You do not need any prior dog training experience, only a passion for dogs. You must also enjoy working with a variety of people." I thought that was wonderful. I thought I had to go to universities and do some animal behaviour major. :P Well, I'm glad.

Hm, I see. I didn't know that. But I think I have Lucky's certificate. The paper there stated the address of the breeder (somewhere in Shah Alam, if I'm not mistaken) and Lucky's parents are there too! I guess she's alright. She looks healthy and happy always. :)

But I wondered.... it's said to hear that those doggies are treated in such a way. But if no one wants to buy from petshops, who is gonna take care of doggies there? No matter how they are and how they look like, they are dogs. They have emotion like us. I've seen some dogs pictures without three legs only but one owner said it was the best dog she ever had and she loved it very much. :) I don't know what I'm saying know, crap! Haha. I guess I'm so stressed out with my college work. :P

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 21, 2003, 1:31 AM

Post #24 of 57 (4739 views)
Shortcut

yep...to be involved in doggie stuff...first of all you gotta have the passion, no? no passion no interest then the rest are nothing.... btw, how old are you? we might be the same age! =) you don't have to do animal behavior or something coz i think they will teach you at the training school....

here's a website on why you shouldn't buy from the petshop...i think it'll answer all your questions:
http://www.caps-web.org/factsheet.shtml

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Nov 21, 2003, 8:14 PM

Post #25 of 57 (4732 views)
Shortcut

Sure, what you said is right. You gotta have passion for doggies, hehe! Yeah, I know. But there are some people who actually took those courses and became trainers... I wondered what is that for... Maybe that's for more knowledge? I just can't understand dogs by reading books and studying theories and all that stuff. I rather do face to face la... :P

Well, I didn't know the dogs in pet shops came from there and how they are but I still like them, no matter what. :P

I was born in 10th September, 1985. So I am 18+ now. What about you? Were you the same age? hehe!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my