Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund & Protection Dogs:
Serious Section for Serious Discussion

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

PSD
ALPHA

Dec 1, 2003, 6:21 AM

Post #126 of 140 (2370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Labbies......wow! Boon should be delighted then.....kakaka!

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 1, 2003, 6:32 AM

Post #127 of 140 (2368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Me also delightedCool

but labbies not for schH hor??Crazy

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Dec 1, 2003, 7:20 AM

Post #128 of 140 (2363 views)
Shortcut

Hie PSD Smile

I was hiding somewhere in the remotest jungle on an island far far away, where communication is only through satelite phones....Wink

Yeah was thinking of that too, meeting up and just chatting bout protection/schutzhund with RD, Azman, Prodog and the rest

Regards

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Dec 1, 2003, 7:27 AM

Post #129 of 140 (2361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hie RD,

Unfortunately I was in lullaby land when the msg was postedFrownSmile

Anyways, is there an email where i can send you my contacts instead of over the forum?Smile

So how did today's session go?Smile

Regards

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 1, 2003, 9:50 AM

Post #130 of 140 (2355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Smile

You can send them to either reality_dreamer69@hotmail.com or reality69dreamer@yahoo.com, whichever you prefer.

As for today, it was great. Had the "pleasure" of getting the first bite from Amor. First time meeting a real done dog, and I must say, I feel alot of pity to those who plan to break into Azman's place. Did a *bit* of sleeve work with him..a good experience and did some agitating/teasing with the tug on Petra. It was overall a good experience and I had alot of funCool. Hope we can all meet up and do more of this.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Dec 1, 2003, 9:59 AM)

boon
Doggyman

Dec 1, 2003, 10:13 PM

Post #131 of 140 (2342 views)
Shortcut

hahahha not for the ring one lah is narco dog. i think bonney can be a 'norco' too if i hide the doggyman and ask her to find out.Blush

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

PSD
ALPHA

Dec 1, 2003, 11:05 PM

Post #132 of 140 (2340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

If you condition the narco sniffing and then reward with doggieman then Bonney can be narco dog too......only dont let bonney sniff and eat all the narco stuff nanti become drug addict.......hahahahahaTongue

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

boon
Doggyman

Dec 1, 2003, 11:22 PM

Post #133 of 140 (2337 views)
Shortcut

hahhah, will try out one of this weekend. may be get few boxes and hide doggyman in one of it and let her find the doggyman.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2003, 5:20 AM

Post #134 of 140 (2326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys,

Boon.... didn't know U r thinking of making a 'narco' out of Bonney ! ! ...Wink

anyway...I tot of sharing this wt U my rudimentary method, what basically I did wt my dogs was to restraint them and then stimulate & build up their prey drv wt a tug (in ur case maybe u can use doggyman).....this is then followed by hiding the tug after letting them to sniff it 1st (ur own scent). Their reward for sucess is a game of tug wt me ! Wink

IMO by gradually introducing the dog to the odour we want them to search, we should be able to make a sniffer dog out of it ..! !

Well the downside to this is I dun seems to be able to translate the sucess rate when doing outside my house ! ! Crazy . . .anyway maybe U will have better luck than me ! Tongue

Quote :--------------------------------------------------
....dont let bonney sniff and eat all the narco stuff !
----------------------------------------------------------

Bonney..... a junkie ! ! LaughBlush LOL. . . .. btw guys does any of U know whether "pseudo drug" is allowed here ! . . . . I guess that would b better substitute !

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

boon
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2003, 4:40 PM

Post #135 of 140 (2317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Poll,

hahah, no lah actually i was thinking to have some fun out of my monkey during the weekend. Since she like doggyman so much, i would let her sniff/scent the smell then turn her around and i will hide the doggyman. then put her on leash as start and start the search...if manage to find the correct box, i will help to remove the box for her. In the later stage, she need to sit or bark then only i will reward her witht he doggyman.

Will try out this and let u know later. I think she is too playful at the moment to been training, be it serious one, motivational one or any funny training like i plan to do with her.

Must find her a job if not, i think she is way to free.

PSD
ALPHA

Dec 2, 2003, 6:23 PM

Post #136 of 140 (2314 views)
Shortcut

Polluxx,

What you mentioned is air scenting which you are using the hunt drive in the dog to find the source. This is ok if you are training the dog for fun or other things but in SchH you will have to go Foot Step Tracking(FST) which the dog have to track your footsteps and keep his nose to the ground until the article is found. So this 2 is different.

PSD

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2003, 8:55 PM

Post #137 of 140 (2308 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

Yup ! . . the reason I m doing the air scent thing is b'coz my tracking training was not very successfull. Unsure. . . Remember I mentioned to U abt my dog distraction to the surrounding rather than the tug or the food on the ground , I have not tried food step tracking since ! . . . and for ur info I did fast the dog a day before attempting to do the food step tracking so I was wondering whether fasting the dog for two days will make him more focus on the food rather than the surrounding ? ? Crazy . . Btw he is a voracius eater ! !

Anyway the hide & seek thing I m doing is just for fun , I m just curious would it cause the dog not to put his nose to the ground if I switch to tracking ... since he is more familiar to air scent alredi . . . ? ? Shocked

PSD
ALPHA

Dec 3, 2003, 12:15 AM

Post #138 of 140 (2302 views)
Shortcut

Yup ! . . the reason I m doing the air scent thing is b'coz my tracking training was not very successfull. Unsure. . . Remember I mentioned to U abt my dog distraction to the surrounding rather than the tug or the food on the ground , I have not tried food step tracking since ! . . . and for ur info I did fast the dog a day before attempting to do the food step tracking so I was wondering whether fasting the dog for two days will make him more focus on the food rather than the surrounding ? ? Crazy . . Btw he is a voracius eater ! !

Polluxx,

Distraction should be addressed in your OB and carried onto the tracks. You have to train the dog under no distraction or little distractions during the learning phase and slowly add distractions as your foundation become stronger and stronger. This should be your order in training.

Same thing with FST first place pieces of food on every footstep and let him follow it. Then once he gets the idea then put pieces of food every alternate step and so on. Best time to do this is early wee morning like 5am hehehehSmile This is when the field is at its freshest without any tainted tracks so the dog will not be confused in this early phase.

Anyway the hide & seek thing I m doing is just for fun , I m just curious would it cause the dog not to put his nose to the ground if I switch to tracking ... since he is more familiar to air scent alredi . . . ? ? Shocked

Yes it will cost you plenty of points lost.Tongue Unless you can teach him to differentiate air scenting against footstep tracking with 2 different command. I just wont take this risk though.Smile

PSD

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2003, 5:52 AM

Post #139 of 140 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Yo PSD,

Thanx for the tips , bro ! Tongue

Will try to work it out the in the coming wks ! I guess if I can ironed out the "distraction" problem...doing the FST shouldn't be a problem coz he is "food crazy" Wink . . . anyway wish me luck ! Laugh

PSD
ALPHA

Dec 4, 2003, 6:59 PM

Post #140 of 140 (2267 views)
Shortcut

Poll,

Get a copy of purely positive training or one of Ivan Balabanov OB books. I think there is something on distraction and reliability training which is very well describe there. Dont get yourself confused here. It is really something that is simple. U just need to understand the concepts and then the basic methods. Then you will be able to come up with your own creativeness in training your dog.

PSD

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my