Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund & Protection Dogs:
Serious Section for Serious Discussion

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

boon
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2003, 9:52 AM

Post #1 of 140 (5215 views)
Shortcut
Serious Section for Serious Discussion Can't Post

Hi All Working Mongrel friends,

Finally we have our own section in puppy.com.my. Special thanks to our belove webmaster to have this up for us.

So wait no more.............lets fire up this section with some topics now.

Calling for PSD, Polluxx, Azman, Kowpa and other working mongrel lover, Schutzhund, Police & Personal Protection Dog lover...... feel free to have you questions and info that u want to share with us here.

*** Do not worry about whether or not to ask some questions, so long as it is a sincere one, no one here will bite you. We hope to have as many people as possible to have some awareness of Schutzhund Sport and hopefully in the near future, we can have our Schutzhund Club.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

colinchin
Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2003, 5:17 PM

Post #2 of 140 (5204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink Good morning everyone,

What a lovely surprise Saturday morning, coming in to the office and found out this good news. 3 cheers to our webmaster, thanks a lot.

Have a good weekend every dog lovers. Enjoy your dogs. As for me, I am going to use this weekend to hunt for a book, an important book for a better head start.

Regards,

Colin

mackmack
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2003, 6:00 PM

Post #3 of 140 (5202 views)
Shortcut

Dear~ not including female into the pound?? I foresee myself to be a potential "working mongrel" trainer Wink OK, here's my first question to SchH. supporters: When can we have a get-together for demo/talks/training/purely-breed-appreciation???
Or u guys just started with a talk-talk section here for "theory" presentation?

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Oct 18, 2003, 8:22 PM

Post #4 of 140 (5193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

If u guys hv a get-together for demo/talks/training/purely-breed-appreciation, i wanna join....Cool
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 19, 2003, 5:14 AM

Post #5 of 140 (5182 views)
Shortcut

wow~ Smile

this is nice.

I'll be watching this thread closely. Smileand learning more too.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Oct 19, 2003, 9:28 AM

Post #6 of 140 (5169 views)
Shortcut

i also wanna join and learn !!! count me in ya ! heard abt SchH but have not seen any demo on it lar...

cheers,
minglmy

mhazman

Oct 19, 2003, 4:21 PM

Post #7 of 140 (5166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Guys n Gals,

Let's see how many people we have here !!

Boon..

Can start a register....

rgds

Azman

boon
Doggyman

Oct 20, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #8 of 140 (5155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mhazman] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Azman,

Sure, Me first in the list Wink

1. Boon/Working GSD (coming............)

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2003, 3:42 AM

Post #9 of 140 (5150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all,

Whoa ! .. wht a pleasant surprise to see this new thread ! Cool

Many thanks & kudos to our dear Webmaster and those who help to make it...happened ! Wink

Well looks like I'm 2nd on the list ,
1. Boon /Working GSD (coming............)
2. Polluxx /Working GSD (still can make room for another one ! !) Tongue

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Oct 21, 2003, 8:33 AM

Post #10 of 140 (5121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

THE List :
2. Polluxx /Working GSD (still can make room for another one ! !)
3. Ming Yang / Toy (working) Mongrel MinPin(hehehehe... can pretend they are one)

cheers,
minglmy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 21, 2003, 9:58 AM

Post #11 of 140 (5119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

hello all~~

ahhh, new section. i am keen in joining any activities held in future. may i? uhh, i'm more into OB training... but am interested in learing more about those protection works done by the working mongrels u guys talked about.

uhh, guys... don't go too fast. slower a bit, if not i might get choke in the process of swallowing all the new terms and knowledge (i already choked at the earlier working mongrel thread).

THE List :
3. Ming Yang / Toy (working) Mongrel MinPin(hehehehe... can pretend they are one)
4. Hunter / Working GR (i just like the sound of working GR, can la!)

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 21, 2003, 10:11 AM

Post #12 of 140 (5118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

THE List :
5. RealityDreamer/ Working Group( Bullmastiff and Dobermann), GSP,cocker mix terrier.

Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 21, 2003, 10:20 AM

Post #13 of 140 (5117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mhazman,PSD,Pollux,colinchin] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

was wondering, where'd u guys get your working dogs from?

Imported from? imported as a puppy? or an already trained working dog? (seems like u guys got your dogs as pups though)

or...local?

P.S. hope i didn't miss anyone. If i do...just feel free to answer Smile sorry ya.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Oct 21, 2003, 10:21 AM)

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Oct 21, 2003, 8:15 PM

Post #14 of 140 (5098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

THE List :
5. RealityDreamer/ Working Group( Bullmastiff and Dobermann), GSP,cocker mix terrier.
6. Serene / pet GSD & GR.
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

mhazman

Oct 21, 2003, 8:47 PM

Post #15 of 140 (5095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
THE List :

7. Azman/GSD/Mal/Rott/Dobe

Azman

doodle
ALPHA

Oct 22, 2003, 7:57 AM

Post #16 of 140 (5075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

hey, i am interested about this but i am still not sure what is this all about.. can u educate me??
i also choking..

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 22, 2003, 7:59 AM

Post #17 of 140 (5074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

lol, i'm far from qualified in educating others. the experts here should give a better picture of the topic.

mackmack
Doggyman

Oct 22, 2003, 5:33 PM

Post #18 of 140 (5066 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
THE List :

8. (forming a schH club???)

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

boon
Doggyman

Oct 22, 2003, 6:05 PM

Post #19 of 140 (5062 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Doodle,

this section is dedicated for a serious discussion about working dog like GSD. most of us here is to share our view and knowledge to others.

So not too worry too much, along the you i'm sure i will understand what is what.

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2003, 5:11 AM

Post #20 of 140 (5045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter,doodle] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gals,

Basically this thread here is for ppl to co-mingle & ask or discuss abt "Schutzhund" , which is a dog sport introduced with the objective of evaluating & identifying GSD that possess working abilities. Wink

It is also use as a breed survey test, where only dogs wt ScH title r allowed to breed so that the utilitarian abilities of the dogs (in this case=GSD) can be preserved for our continued use.

To put it simply, Schutzhund (ScH) = "Protection Dog" in German. A Schutzhund trial compose of 3 phases : namely Tracking, Obedience & Protection.

Well like Boon said earlier, dun worry too much, take ur time & soon enuf U will be able to understand the on-going discussion here. Tongue

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Oct 23, 2003, 5:18 AM)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 23, 2003, 8:48 PM

Post #21 of 140 (5028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

thanks for the info!

"only dogs wt ScH title r allowed to breed so that the utilitarian abilities of the dogs (in this case=GSD) can be preserved for our continued use. "

i don't suppose the above apply to malaysia GSDs, doesn't it :/ ?

regards,
hunter

PSD
ALPHA

Oct 23, 2003, 9:56 PM

Post #22 of 140 (5026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

"only dogs wt ScH title r allowed to breed so that the utilitarian abilities of the dogs (in this case=GSD) can be preserved for our continued use. "

i don't suppose the above apply to malaysia GSDs, doesn't it :/ ?

Hunter,

Maybe I can help here. Hope I'm not barging into your discussion here. In the case of SV and WUSV, yes SchH is designed to test out the working ability to ensure the utilitarian abilities of a GSD is preserved. In other words part of a licence to breed.

But not all SchH title you see on a dog carries the same value there. I hope I didn't confuse you here but let me just explain a bit more for you to understand better. SchH itself has 2 different sets of standards in the way it is carried out for Showdogs and working dogs. The format is the same but in a showdog, it is a very cleaverly manupulated excercise where the helper (the bad guy) is a friend to the dog. The dogs knows this helper from a lot of practise therefore the test is a game of play for the dog and the dog will not get stressed. Most of the time this helper is either the owner of the dog or one person taking salary from the owner, he has in his interest to see this dog pass the test. The test is also carried out, in the field where the dog normally trains in therefore again no stress. Under these circumstances, a lot of dogs will pass and get those titles.

On the other hand, a working dog or sports dog are tested with a helper not known to him. This helper is a stranger and he puts stress into the dog. He stares into it with direct eye contact, put on a very challenging posture to the dog....these are very high stress. The trial is most often held in stadiums where it is also strange place to the dog. Then the spectator and noise will also add further stress to the dog. Therefore under such enviroment, the dog whom does not have a strong nerve and strong temprement will not be able to perform this test.

In Malaysia, we would be happy if a breeder even xray his broodstock not to say SchH titling them unfortunately. But there are some serious ones who does the training and titling and xray too. These poor breeder unfortunately cannot do those in Malaysia. They have to travel with their dog and get their titles from overseas trials. So any dog under this circumstances and still get back a title is a very proven dog. There are also failures due to the travel stress among others. That is why a real GSD breeder in Malaysia is a poor breeder indeed and unfortunately, personally I don't see any of them in Malaysian show ring today. Those are rich breedersTongue The poor breeders you can search them out by word of mouth or recomendations. They usually don't advertise either.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

mhazman

Oct 23, 2003, 11:12 PM

Post #23 of 140 (5021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Serious Section for Serious Discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

PSD,

Bro, abt time you drop by..

Azman

PSD
ALPHA

Oct 23, 2003, 11:33 PM

Post #24 of 140 (5018 views)
Shortcut

Eh Abang,

Dont lah say like that. I was around allright, just no opportunity to drop some pooh here...kekekek

Enjoy the KK meet. Regret I could not make this this round. And also happy Deepavalli to all.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

cdmoo
ALPHA

Oct 23, 2003, 11:36 PM

Post #25 of 140 (5018 views)
Shortcut

8. (forming a schH club???)

9. CDMoo (err.. I dont have a working dog. Crazy. But I handled guard dogs many years ago.. Can join huh?)

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my