Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Hernias

Ban
Novice

Aug 23, 2001, 7:09 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2226 views)
Shortcut
Hernias Can't Post

My newly bought Shih Tzu was found to have Hernias. Vet told me that it need to be operated ASAP. Is that really so and shall I wait and see if the situation worsen ?

Anonymous
Anonymous

Aug 27, 2001, 1:33 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2220 views)
Shortcut
Re: Hernias [In reply to] Can't Post

Woah! of course it need to be operated ASAP!! You see Hernias is a problem that could happen to people as well. If you try ask people what is that for human. You as well get the pciture what could happen to your dog! In fact, hernias could make you dog urination problem.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Nov 6, 2001, 5:43 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2193 views)
Shortcut
Re: Hernias [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I know, u don't have to necessarily do the operation ASAP like they said. I have a small toy dog that had dishernia on the tummy. My vet doesn't think it's an urgent problem although fixing it will be best. One thing u can try is rub 2 of ur fingers on the dishernia gently a few minutes, sometimes this will help the wound to close up by itself. If it doesn't work, operation will help. I fixed my dogs by just rubbing my fingers on the hernia. they'll feel uncomfortable but it's worth a shot! :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my