Heartworm Prevention & Annual Protection

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ashley
ALPHA

Jan 24, 2003, 6:05 PM

Post #26 of 34 (1399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Heartworm Prevention & Annual Protection [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Liza, TQ for ur concern, ginger i think is ok lia. Dr say may be she go to scrach her eye make until her eye ball like this. Dr just give her some cream to apply. Dr also play with her and say " u are every time also sick dowan u lia" !!Tongue Dr say just check with her few day later. But naywhere TQ for all!!Sly
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 24, 2003, 6:12 PM

Post #27 of 34 (1397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Heartworm Prevention & Annual Protection [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ashley, does she visits the vet often?? then better take good care of her then.. jaz is now very playful and putting on weight.. start to grow i guess Crazy

ashley
ALPHA

Jan 24, 2003, 6:35 PM

Post #28 of 34 (1396 views)
Shortcut

hi Liza, yup last time she go b'cos of some problem and always need to go. The 1st time she go b'cos do scanning for her babies. This time i suspect is after she go to beach than may be sand go to her eye than scrach her eye ball. Pirate Yup Dr also say where got chihuahua so fat ask me to change the senior dog food for this fatty girl. Tongue
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 26, 2003, 11:46 AM

Post #29 of 34 (1386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Heartworm Prevention & Annual Protection [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Boon! Jaz took her heartworm jab already!! she was tested negative.. pphheeww.... did the blood test, the vet said that it's very accurate, no need to take more blood sample for blood test... so she's quite alright now.. nothing needs to be done already till next year i suppose Laugh. Thanks for the advise!

boon
Doggyman

Jan 28, 2003, 5:43 AM

Post #30 of 34 (1381 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa,

Great to hear that Jaz is -ve. What a relief ah...hahahaa

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 28, 2003, 6:22 AM

Post #31 of 34 (1379 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jaz,

Glad to hear that the heartworm test turned out -ve. So I presume you took the heartworm jab? If so, how much did it cost..if you dont mind me asking? Any precautions from the vet rdging this injection like to avoid bathing for the next few days or something like that?

Rdgs Arthur

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 28, 2003, 4:10 PM

Post #32 of 34 (1373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Heartworm Prevention & Annual Protection [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur,

All in all, it cost about RM170 (RM50 for the blood test + RM120 for the injection)... I did ask the vet about bathing the next day, the vet assured me saying jaz can eat what ever she likes and can bath straight away also... but i didn't do that till the next day after her obedient training Laugh.

Then i asked the vet if there's any other injection or test which i should be aware of, and say TARAK.... even rabies are not really necessary.. just the annual booster and heatworm will do Unimpressed.. apa macam?

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 28, 2003, 4:15 PM

Post #33 of 34 (1371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Heartworm Prevention & Annual Protection [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Boon,

Yeah! it was a great relief to know that she's tested -ve.. but she didn't had much fun at the vet... was barking all the way once the vet took out the needle for injection... pity her also ler...

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 10:10 PM

Post #34 of 34 (1346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Information regarding Heart Disease [In reply to] Can't Post

Get this from internet.....
Heart Disease in Dogs

Do you want to know what is Heart Disease in Dog?? The signs of heart disease are …..a low-pitched cough that sometimes leads to gagging, breathing difficulties that include shortness of breath, noticeable weight gain or loss, reduced ability to exercise and/or swelling in the abdomen? With heart disease, age is frequently a contributing factor; however, there are other elements that may lead to the condition such as heartworm infection.

A thorough exam by your veterinarian can rule out other diseases: ·

Palpation can reveal unusual pulses.
1.X-rays reveal heart enlargement
2.Stethoscope exam can reveal murmurs and fluid in the lungs.
3.EKG can identify heart enlargement and irregular rhythms
4.Blood and urine tests can reveal heartworms and the condition of other internal organs.

Heart disease typically causes the heart to enlarge, and this enlargement causes the heart to lose efficiency. Fluid retention then begins to cause problems. Feeding your pet a food high in sodium can contribute to the problem of fluid retention. For this reason, veterinarians recommend a food with low sodium will help reduce fluid build-up and make it easier for the heart to do its job. Also, if you have a water softener in your home, your veterinarian may advise you to provide distilled water for your pet to drink. This is because many softeners use sodium to treat the water.

Once your pet has been diagnosed with heart disease, he or she will always has the condition. But, with proper care and appropriate food, your pet will most likely be able to live a relatively normal life.

Please contact your veterinarian immediately, if your pet exhibits any warning signs of heart disease
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my