Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Breed Specific: Hound Group:
My beagle have skin problem. Seek help!!

annkam100

Oct 15, 2003, 12:35 AM

Post #1 of 13 (3158 views)
Shortcut
My beagle have skin problem. Seek help!! Can't Post

Hello Everyone,

I'm owning a 5mths old beagle name Nero. Just recently I found out that the small patch of missing coat (coin size) is getting bigger & bigger so I went to the vet. During my last last visit there he said there was nothing wrong with him & it was just some allergy. Nero was then given a jap and some medication. His conditions improved and there were much much less shedding after that. Just last week he had the same problem again. I find that he is scratching much more and his terrible sheeding got back. There were new patches on his back and side body. This time the vet diagnose that it was enzema.

His symtoms :-

- Initially, just a round patch of missing fur (not total gone, where u can see the skin but it was obvious if u look closely.)

- Started with 1 patch then more and more.

- Bumps on skin when i touch.

- After medication by the vet the infected area turn to slightly red & eventually drying up

- His fur will drop of together with the dried skin still sticking on it.

Anyone care to help me & share their experience?

Thank you so much.Smile

--Ann

(This post was edited by annkam100 on Oct 15, 2003, 12:37 AM)

icaruz

Oct 15, 2003, 12:59 AM

Post #2 of 13 (3154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annkam100] My beagle have skin problem. Seek help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

ermm...hie Ann...what did the vet said to do?? Did he recommend any medication or cream to apply?? Are the spots really blad or just a little...the flakes you are saying...is it dandruff like?? It's just near the belly and at the backside is it?? No red spots on his belly?? I think Sara has what Nero has too...not too sure...

annkam100

Oct 15, 2003, 9:49 PM

Post #3 of 13 (3142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icaruz] My beagle have skin problem. Seek help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Louise,

Thanks for replying. Actually, his condition looks bad to me. So "sum tong" seeing his skin like that.

Anyway, i don't think it is dandruff as it is his infected skin (sore) which dried up and drop off.Frown I hope drying up means his skin is getting better...I will also be bringing him to the seaside to swim this weekend. Heard that sea water is good for healing skin problem....must also find a spot that there is noyone swimming else.....ShockedShocked

Yes, the vet did gave my cream to apply on his skin. At times it is quite difficult to apply to so many areas...have to part his hair & holding him still...

Hmm...<sigh><sigh>Unsure visiting the vet so often definately burns a hole in my pocket liow.

Hope his conditions will get better but I still don't know why he got this in the first place. He just stay inside the hse all the time.

-- Ann

icaruz

Oct 15, 2003, 11:47 PM

Post #4 of 13 (3139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annkam100] My beagle have skin problem. Seek help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Kinda same like Sara lo then...but you say the shedding can see until coin size..Sara one very small only..not completely bald spot..still got fur only lesser...Her red spots also still got every now and then...what did the vet say anyway?? will go away or not?? when you put the cream you dont let him move around then easier wan..how him your plam like want to beat him if he 'mm thang wah'...dunno work on Nero or not but definitely works on Sara...Hope Nero gets better soon...

annkam100

Oct 16, 2003, 9:51 PM

Post #5 of 13 (3131 views)
Shortcut

Last night when i aply the cream on him he was okay..kinda like me rubbing his skin...hehehe..."Yat Si Yat Yeong"Tongue

Looks like his skin is getting better already with less red spots..the infected part which was previously "botak" has also some baby hair coming out. SmileSmile

Will still bring him go swimming this weekend...hope he will like the water. Hmm...the only think i'm worried about is that there are sea "kutu" that will stick to his body. Do u think sea kutu is harmful to dogs????

Josephine

Oct 16, 2003, 10:10 PM

Post #6 of 13 (3129 views)
Shortcut

Ann and Louise,

Hope your doggie will recover soon... i'm damsum Sara and Nero too, so pity...sigh... Unsure

Regards,
Josephine

Josephine

Oct 17, 2003, 1:12 AM

Post #7 of 13 (3125 views)
Shortcut

Ann and Louise,

Please visit to this site:-

www.k9web.com/dog-faqs/medical/canine-allergies.html#inhalant

Its about Skin and Allergy Problems in Dogs.

Regards,
Josephine

annkam100

Oct 20, 2003, 7:27 PM

Post #8 of 13 (3114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Josephine] My beagle have skin problem. Seek help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gals,

Thanks for the link Jo.

Hehehe...brought Nero for a swim yesterday. At first he was scared but later when he got the hang of it...looks like he is enjoying every moment there....Merdeka! MErdeka! Merdeka! Sly

Here is a picture to share...
Attachments: Nero_Swimming.JPG (37.5 KB)

Josephine

Oct 20, 2003, 10:16 PM

Post #9 of 13 (3109 views)
Shortcut

So CUTE!! Laugh

Regards,
Josephine

icaruz

Oct 20, 2003, 11:54 PM

Post #10 of 13 (3104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Josephine] My beagle have skin problem. Seek help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah yeah...Nero looks so cute swimming...How's he now?? Is his skin better??

annkam100

Oct 21, 2003, 10:09 PM

Post #11 of 13 (3094 views)
Shortcut

His skin is much much better then before. Less red patches & dry skin already SmileSmileSmile

However, I still apply the cream my vet gave me. Thanks for all the concern Blush

--Ann

icaruz

Oct 23, 2003, 11:56 PM

Post #12 of 13 (3082 views)
Shortcut

Hie...Happy to hear that Nero is doing better now...Oh..there's a new shop in 1-Utama where IKEA used to be...well...there is a small pet section there and they are selling Eagle Pack- Puppy formula for 19.90...The 1.3 or 1.5 kg bag...and Pro Plan Treats the shape of a dog bone is 15.90 for 2 packs...it's kinda cheap...

annkam100

Oct 29, 2003, 11:04 PM

Post #13 of 13 (3071 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Louise, I'll check it out when i do go to KL again :)

Btw, Nero is getting better already.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my