First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 14, 2003, 10:30 PM

Post #1 of 53 (33511 views)
Shortcut
LHASA APSO Can't Post

Hey proud owners of Lhasa Apsos,

Since I joined the forum, I think the number of Apsos have been increasing as well, let's start a list of Lhasa Apsos in the forum!! I know I am one proud owner!!

1)Gerry/Shah Alam, Selangor/Salsa/2.5 years/female
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

creativ
Novice

Oct 15, 2003, 7:24 PM

Post #2 of 53 (33495 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn] LHASA APSO [In reply to] Can't Post

2)Melvin/USJ, Selangor/Rumba/2.5 years/female

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 16, 2003, 12:08 AM

Post #3 of 53 (33483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [creativ] LHASA APSO [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Melvin,

Thanks for joining in. Guess you saved Gladys the trouble to! Wink

creativ
Novice

Oct 16, 2003, 6:39 PM

Post #4 of 53 (33474 views)
Shortcut

Tongue I would like to know how many lhasas are around too. The last time gldys posted... was on like.. when... august? Crazy .. Another thing is that, whenever I tell my friends I have a lhasa apso.. they'd go.. huh? what lapsap?... Not a popular breed i guess, among my friends.

gerry, why neber come dance class? bz?

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 16, 2003, 10:02 PM

Post #5 of 53 (33470 views)
Shortcut

there are actually quite a few around, perhaps they don't visit this part of the forum. Will highlight them to join the list when I do get to know them.

I have been busy lar... outstation and all... and have been sick too. Dont think I can catch up anymore during class liao.

jan
Enthusiast

Oct 17, 2003, 9:27 PM

Post #6 of 53 (33463 views)
Shortcut

hi there !! do you count in a mix lhasa apso with maltese??

Jan/Penang/Cocoa/1+yr old/male

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 17, 2003, 9:29 PM

Post #7 of 53 (33460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jan] LHASA APSO [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
2)Melvin/USJ, Selangor/Rumba/2.5 years/female

3) Jan/Penang/Cocoa/1+yrold/male

Well Jan, looks like you belong to 2 families?! Wink

jan
Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2003, 9:22 PM

Post #8 of 53 (33450 views)
Shortcut

yaya, belong to two groups of family. kind of hard to tell others about my furkid breed as not many people know about lhasa apso. they always mistaken Cocoa as a shih tzu. i thought i have bought a shih tzu until the owner told me that it was a lhasa apso mix maltese. get cheated lor... buy liao only let me know...he put in the newspaper as a shih tzu and it turns out to be a mix breed. anyway, no regrets for having Cocoa. kind of cute and sometimes really naughty.

anyway, it cost about how much to buy a pure breed lhasa apso with mka ?? i'm thinking of getting a companion for Cocoa, either a female shih tzu or lhasa apso. it's kind of hard to find lhasa apso breed from pet shop.

^^Jan^^

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 21, 2003, 7:00 AM

Post #9 of 53 (33446 views)
Shortcut

Hi jan,

heard that there are lhasas for sale at mid valley. You might want to check it out. Heard that they are with certs and from aussie. Very expensive though.

jan
Enthusiast

Oct 21, 2003, 6:00 PM

Post #10 of 53 (33443 views)
Shortcut

WAH....so far away...i'm in penang though...:(...i might have to travel again....hmmm...planning to go to kl this coming December...

anyway, my furkid was bought in KL also...i took him on a tour bus back to penang. kind of easy to took him on the bus with lots of malay passengers. luckily he did not bark at all but now....wah...midnight also bark until everyone wake up...izzit kind of hard to take care of this breed....they are kind of alert to sound and people....he will bark at people that he don't like at all everytime even he did not see the person...just hear the sound only, he will know who's that... wonder if there are any lhasas in penang, of somewhere in Ipoh. do let me know if you came across any lhasas...see ya

^^Jan^^

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 23, 2003, 1:25 AM

Post #11 of 53 (33438 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jan,

As far as I know, lhasas don't bark very much. They only bark when necessary and their primary role is being a watch dog, so it is normal that they are alert and bark as soon as they hear an unfamiliar sound. I know mine does! Smile I feel awefully safe when I am with her, despite her size, I know that she will protect me. Smile

jan
Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2003, 2:27 AM

Post #12 of 53 (33435 views)
Shortcut

hi there !!!

For the first time i brought him home, he do not bark at all even though he is in the cage. Until last few months, (he's been with me for 10 months), he started to bark when he heard unfamiliar sound until he saw who he/she is, then he will stop barking. They are really an alert dog. Dunno if shih tzu is as alert as lhasa apso or not. I've starting to find either lhasa apso or a shih tzu but kind of disappointed as i can't find the right one yet..you know when you really likes a dog ... you will get fond of it for the first sight. i've go to pet shops but the shih tzu looks unhealthy and one of the pet shop, wah...you can imagine that the shih tzu is sleeping together with the poo and some more the body is dirty. kind of pity looking at the pup...

i'm looking for the same colour as my furkid and it's kind of hard to find this colour. hope that i can find the suitable one.

anyway, izzit easy to train lhasa for toilet self-training. i'm thinking of using the spray and spray onto the newspaper and place the newspaper at the ideal place for pee/poo.

Is the icon pic is your furkid pic?? Cute....

^^Jan^^

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 23, 2003, 5:10 PM

Post #13 of 53 (33431 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jan,

I never really had to toilet train Salsa. She knows where to go, except tha sometimes when she cannot tahan or seeks attention, that is where she does her business somewhere outside her normal boundaries. Other days, she will know where to go.

creativ
Novice

Oct 24, 2003, 2:03 AM

Post #14 of 53 (33425 views)
Shortcut

You should see my rumba, how she has mood swings.... if she happy, she'll do it on the paper, if not, a little bit here a little there around the house, and you'll know she has been naughty peeing around by looking at her face expression. Funny... she know's she's wrong.. but *sigh* I've wallop her with newspapers.. still she doesn't learn.. give up Pirate. She just loves making me angry. Tongue but fortunately she is not staying with me full time... phew! can't complain much. Cool

And... she chickener than a chicken... at least a chicken can cross the road.

(This post was edited by creativ on Oct 24, 2003, 2:06 AM)

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 27, 2003, 6:27 AM

Post #15 of 53 (33417 views)
Shortcut

Hey Melvin,

Well, Salsa has her moods too... except that she is too chicken to offend me especially now since there is a new puppy at home. I think she is afraid that I will pay more attention to him (the new pup) rather than her and sticks to me like a leech!! Crazy But I like and enjoy her attention! Tongue So at the moment, poopoo and peepee is right where it should be! Wink

gladyslcp

Oct 27, 2003, 8:49 AM

Post #16 of 53 (33415 views)
Shortcut

Eh?? Shocked ... copy MY Rumba's photo and modified it Unsure... just kidding... ok la ... since we have joint custody over Rumba, no prob la..

Rumba always pee/poo a little bit out of the newspaper... dunno why. if it is poo, 2 pieces will be on the paper, another pc will be out of the paper... if it is pee, she will do it on the edge of the paper... maybe she thinks that the right way to do it Crazy..

The toilet training spray doesn't work.. i've that. Conventional way is still the best... roll up the newspaper and wack Unimpressed.

As for barking, Rumba hardly barks. She gets very naughty each time after her stay with Creative. for eg, she will start barking the moment i leave the house which she normally don't... have to start re-training her again .. leceh.

Gladys (Sunshine & Rumba)

gladyslcp

Oct 27, 2003, 9:12 AM

Post #17 of 53 (33413 views)
Shortcut

2)Gladys/Melvin/USJ, Selangor/Rumba/2.5 years/female (hiyah... put my name lar... since rumba stay with me all the time)

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 28, 2003, 6:30 PM

Post #18 of 53 (33406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gladyslcp] LHASA APSO [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your input, angel! Wink

gladyslcp

Oct 28, 2003, 7:58 PM

Post #19 of 53 (33404 views)
Shortcut

Looks like there are not much of Lhasa Apso around... Unimpressed!

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Oct 28, 2003, 8:27 PM

Post #20 of 53 (33402 views)
Shortcut

ACtually, there are a couple, just that they don't visit this side of the forum very much..Unsure

creativ
Novice

Nov 6, 2003, 12:03 AM

Post #21 of 53 (33391 views)
Shortcut

1) Gerry/Shah Alam, Selangor/Salsa/2.5 years/female
2) Gladys,Melvin/USJ, Selangor/Rumba/2.5 years/female
3) Jan/Penang/Cocoa/1+ years/male

lasa hlasa lahsa lapso lhasa lhaso soap lasha sapo apso apsolha lhasapso lasha sopa halsa potala tibet dalai lama manchu rapso lion dog sex Tongue Angelic

in case if you're wondering what i was doing..... I am trying to increase the chances of this forum to be found from the search.... Wink

Hoganfm

Nov 6, 2003, 3:41 AM

Post #22 of 53 (33384 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I like Lhasa too. Both (Lhasa & Shih Tzu) do look alike but I've yet to meet one. Can't wait to meet with u guys in the future gatherings.

My 2nd sis n her husband own a Shih Tzu named Hogan n he stays w me (sleep in my room) n my parents since young. He is very attached to me as I've been taking care of him since back from the pet shop (tat's y I'm his godma cum nanny); my mom takes over when I'm at work. He's 2 yrs+ n well toilet train mostly by my mom (he does it in his cage); only once in a while (when he's excited or scared) he will do it else where. Think he has a little self discipline too.

Yes, indeed they r very alert n smart. Shih Tzu don't bark much only when necessary. My godson, Hogan, only barks when there r strangers at the gate. One problem is tat, he is afraid of thunder n fire crackers lately (early last yr). Could be during CNY, when he was left alone in the hse when we were out visiting.

Anyway, good luck w the toilet training n the hunting for another (either a LA or a ST) furkid to add to ur family.

Cheers,
Hogan's godma cum nanny.

gladyslcp

Nov 6, 2003, 11:19 PM

Post #23 of 53 (33373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hoganfm] LHASA APSO [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to Lhasa forum Hoganfm... lhasa & shitzu does have some similiarities... as for alertness, mine not very consistent on her alertness... sometimes alert, other times didn't even realised i am home. Crazy

Here are some history of Lhasa's i've found...

"Beyond the northern boundary of India, where the mighty Mount Everest stands like a guardian sentinel, is the mysterious land of Tibet. It is a country of huge mountains and deep valleys, with a climate of intense cold and great heat, a country where conditions are hard on man and beast. This is the home of the Lhasa Apso, known in that land as Abso Seng Kye, the "Bark Lion Sentinel Dog." Small wonder, then, that these members of dogdom should be of such hardy and vigorous constitution.

Since danger threatened from without and within this strange land, a huge Mastiff was chained to a post beside the outer door to prevent intruders from entering, while Lhasa Apsos were kept as special guards inside the dwellings. For this work the little dogs were peculiarly adapted by their intelligence, quick hearing, and finely developed instinct for distinguishing intimates from strangers."

Note the words "special guards" above....as you can read from the earlier thread, my beloved Rumba is chickener than a chicken... the word 'guard' & rumba just dont seem right... Unimpressed

gladyslcp

Nov 6, 2003, 11:28 PM

Post #24 of 53 (33372 views)
Shortcut

Another story i would like to share is, it's funny how she would jump on everyone's bed except mine... she knows i don't like it and she never did... sometimes my friends would dog-sit her while i am out of town... Rumba will make herself comfortable on their bed... even my housemate's bed! Funny isn't it?

creativ
Novice

Nov 7, 2003, 1:07 AM

Post #25 of 53 (33368 views)
Shortcut

For goodness sake, get rumba a comfy bed lah.....

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my