German Short Haired Pointer

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 13, 2003, 5:54 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1113 views)
Shortcut
German Short Haired Pointer Can't Post

Hello all, Smile

Been fostering a german short haired pointer for about a month and a half now. Even though, I haven't got a firm answer from dad, it's leaning towards a yes. Yes, we can keep/adopt him.

The GSP, named Kaizer, is a really active and intelligent. Does well with training. Has a good jogging pace which makes him a wonderful jogging companion. Too bad his previous owners failed to realize this and thought he was hyperactive and would cage him up. He's abt 7 mths now. Since birth, he has "gone through" 3-4 homes. All of which, the owners locked/tied him up because he's hyper and destructive. I plan to make my home his permanent one.

Anyway, was wondering..besides Andrea Fonseka, anyone else owns a GSP? would be nice to compare him/exchange notes because I hv not met other GSP'sSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 14, 2003, 1:23 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] German Short Haired Pointer [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

leaning to a yes :) ? then must be great news.

well, as for information, i really have no clue of how a GSP should be.. but am sure now that your exam is over, you'll be spending a lot of time with him and train him well. only advice that i could give is for a hyper dog is.. tire him out, lots of training.. in fact, i think hyper dogs are really great in positive training :) so, no need to worry so much about it.

good luck in training :) am sure this home will be his permanent one!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 14, 2003, 4:52 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] German Short Haired Pointer [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea..he's very good in training...Fast learner . Had a half hour training session last night and learned 2 new commands alreadySmile

and yes, you are right, very good with positive training and one of the highlights- he's not food oriented...yay! lol.Laugh

Thanks. I hope so too.Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my