Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Convincing parents

Dizzle
New User

Oct 8, 2003, 12:37 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1248 views)
Shortcut
Convincing parents Can't Post

hey, im 15 and i need help on how to convince my parents to get a new puppy i currently have a older shitzu who is about 13 years old that my mom and dad bought for my 2 older sisters who are now in college, but i guess for me too, the older dog doesnt play or anything it just sits around and doesnt come when i call its name. i want a fun more active dog like a lab or dalmation. the shitzu never played fetch or anythign so its kinda boring. i really want a dog of my own. it would be great to have something that loves and cares about ya no matter what but my parents say we already have a dog so were not getting another i tried telling them that the dog we have now doesnt do anything and should be considered a dog. can anyone help me on how to win this arguement?

thanks ya

sweeeng
ALPHA

Oct 8, 2003, 5:39 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dizzle] Convincing parents [In reply to] Can't Post

The best way to convince your parents is to prove to them that you're capable of taking care of the shih tzu and etc before they learn that you're ready for a new pup... Btw, Shih tzu and lab are totally different in size and attitude... you better consider it real hard first....

regards,
sweeeng

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 8, 2003, 6:00 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1244 views)
Shortcut

well,sweeeng is right. you have to prove to your parents that you're capable enuf to handle dogs.

having a lab or dalmatian requires a lot of attention..they need frequent walks and a large space to run about. do read more on these two breeds.be a lil cheeky, read up right infront of your parents.SmileSmile by doing research, your parents might find you responsible enuf to have a dog.

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 9, 2003, 6:37 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1237 views)
Shortcut

how is your 'argument' going so far?? Wink

but pls do remember that getting a dog is a big commitment...the dog will live for at least 10 years...and your shih tzu is alredy 13 to prove that...so it's not just a game/toy you can play with and then throw aside when you get bored of it... if you really really want a dog, show your parents how you can take care of your old shih tzu... and do your homework on the breeds that you're interested and choose 1 that suits your lifestyle best...Smile

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

lulugurl
ALPHA

Oct 9, 2003, 7:04 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1236 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

u say that u want a fun and active dog. u must understand that even big dogs or labs get older some day and they wont be that active and fun anymore, they will also be like your shih tzu who is tired and *retire*. you can not simply say u want a dog based on the ^fun^ that is can provide..might as well u get a playstation for about the same price..Getting a big dogs equals to bigger responsiblility. Maybe you will like to talk to Chloe( reality dreamer) as she is also 15 and has got 4 dogs currently all under her care Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 9, 2003, 7:26 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1234 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

a lab or dalmation might ound nice but r u ready to handle them? they have lots of energy to release n they too will grow old one day. they will not be able to paly with u too when they r old...r u gonna get a dog then? in terms of medication n expensense...they'll require more as they eat alot n estimated expenses for a lab per month would be around 150-200 minus the things they'll destroy when they r teething..

ur parents r right...why not wait till this shih tzu is gone first? the lab u might get r both hyperactive n naughty..have u ever considered will they get along with ur old shih tzu? what if they don't ....why not just love this shih tzu till the rest of his life..then u can start to consider getting another dog? u'ld definitely want ur pup to have the best too right? just start by loving this shih tzu n by taht it'll convince ur p[arents ur capability of loving n handling a dogSmile

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 9, 2003, 7:30 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Convincing parents [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah good idea.....must call chloe to read this thread....Smile

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my