english cocker spaniel

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

julie
Novice

Sep 24, 2002, 7:02 PM

Post #1 of 27 (6550 views)
Shortcut
english cocker spaniel Can't Post

[;)] helo..i'm julie, owner of a esc about 1 yrs old. Adopted from someone about a month ago...pls send any information regarding esc cuz i'm a new owner . Read some books but who knows maybe i get better tips here. When she came she ha this bad rash, hair shedding, eyes red, itchy ears. Got a vet over just 2 weeks ago and now she look better. Needs grooming badly..waiting for the rash to get better...sending her for grooming....
when she is better...any ecs owner out there that is interested in looking for a girlfirend for their dog...let me know....not selling her pups.....i want to keep 1 or 2 of her pups.....anyway she is black...and oi would like to know ...do u mate black ecs with black or can u mate with brown ecs...and if mix what colour will the pups be......she is so smart and obedient....don't understand why the owner do not want her.....i'm actually the third owner...she was given to my brother-in-law but he couldn't handle her condition..now she's quite happy with me...i have 3 kids that adores her......[:)]

May
Old Hand

Sep 24, 2002, 7:06 PM

Post #2 of 27 (6548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [julie] english cocker spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forum, Julie.

Take your time to go thru the forum. You might find the info you want here. If not, there are a lot of friendly members that are most happy to help you.

kbs
Enthusiast

Sep 24, 2002, 7:10 PM

Post #3 of 27 (6546 views)
Shortcut

Hi Julie,

Good to have you in the forum. Am sure most of ur questions can be answered by our friendly forum members here. Any picture of ur ECS ?

Regards,

KBS

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 24, 2002, 10:20 PM

Post #4 of 27 (6538 views)
Shortcut

Hello Julie,

Welcome to the forum! Smile By the way.. I think Jason oso own a black spaniel.. Is it English? Or American? I cannot differenciate... Blush

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

boon
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2002, 10:59 PM

Post #5 of 27 (6532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] english cocker spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a different between English and America ? Not too sure, pls advice.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 24, 2002, 11:21 PM

Post #6 of 27 (6531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] english cocker spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Boon,

The most visible difference is that the American Cocker Spaniel has a pronounced dome or rounded forehead whereas the English Cocker Spaniel's forehead is softly contoured (not as round as the ACS). Other than that, these 2 breeds are very similiar.

Rdgs Arthur

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2002, 12:23 AM

Post #7 of 27 (6528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] english cocker spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Em, thanz Arthur.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2002, 3:50 AM

Post #8 of 27 (6523 views)
Shortcut

Greetings Julie. Thanks Les. Yes, I do own a black ECS. He's about 10 months now. Well, if you are interested, we can try matching them up. I always do wonder whay happens when a black ECS and a brown/golden ECS is matched. Will it still comply with the breed standard? Anyone care to tell??? Read somewhere that for ECS, the colour of the coat is taken into consideration.

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2002, 8:50 PM

Post #9 of 27 (6511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonlyh] english cocker spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jason,

The ECS coat colour falls into 2 general categories:

Parti-colour: Combination of white and other colours like black, liver and reds.

Solids: Black, liver or shades of red. Black & tans, Liver & tans are also considered solids.(Note: White feet on solid colours are undesirable)

Good luck in yr dog matching!

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Sep 29, 2002, 7:31 PM

Post #10 of 27 (6495 views)
Shortcut

My Jupey's parents were different colors. His mum was golden, his dad was black, the puppies came out golden, black and one black N white.

Then we mated our two golden cockers, Jupey and Juno, and got 6 golden pups and 2 red N whites (see Luckey's cute piccie!)

Welcome to the forum Julie and always nice to meet other cocker enthusiasts!

The ECS is bigger than the American, and I think cuter, but I am completely biased! hahaha ...

papadog
Novice

Oct 4, 2002, 5:03 AM

Post #11 of 27 (6483 views)
Shortcut

Dear Julie,I have a golden one and he is adorable. He is 10 now and they never stop being puppies;) I thought he would mellow with age but I was so wrong! The only real health problems I've had with him after all these years is him having a "smelly mouth", so you have to keep their mouths clean. I clean it with water after every walk....cause he slobbers. The saliva gets trapped and can cause bacteria to grow causing the smell. They can get cateracts when old, so watch out! They are also gluttens and will eat as much as they can get their paws on!!!SmileGood luck! They are wonderful dogs.

chongmeng_soh

Oct 27, 2002, 9:33 AM

Post #12 of 27 (6449 views)
Shortcut

dear julie...nice to get known more esc ownner so that we can exchange more info about this breed ....i own an english coaker too...he now about 1 and 3 months...i'm actually looking for a gal friend for him...hope that we can share anyhing about coaker ....cheer ...
sohchongmeng.spaces.live.com/

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 27, 2002, 11:28 PM

Post #13 of 27 (6440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chongmeng_soh] english cocker spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Chong meng

nice to meet you... are you planning on bringing your dog to any shows / events?

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2002, 5:47 PM

Post #14 of 27 (6430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] english cocker spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Luckey. Out of curiousity and maybe a silly question - what do you do with your litters. Understand that your ECS is slighty bigger coz he/she was imported. Well, at least now I know what is the outcome when black and golden ECS are mated. Hope to see you and your ECS at any of the coming gatherings. Cheers

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 29, 2002, 2:07 AM

Post #15 of 27 (6414 views)
Shortcut

We gave most of them to friends, and kept two for ourselves. I will be taking Luckey to the next dog show in Malacca... will you be there? Two other cockers from the same litter as Luckey will be coming to the show as well. They will all be in the Minor Puppy class... look out for the Chrisjenn pups... that'll be us!

evehock
Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2002, 8:37 AM

Post #16 of 27 (6406 views)
Shortcut

Ayoyo, Give away freely ke? In that case, can I book one pair of your ESC... I want something like Luckey.. but still have to wait until peninsular declare free form Nipah Virus...Frown

eve

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 29, 2002, 5:20 PM

Post #17 of 27 (6397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evehock] english cocker spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

but don't know if your tiger will like or not! Crazy Smile

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2002, 5:41 PM

Post #18 of 27 (6394 views)
Shortcut

That's very nice of you giving them away. I guess it's good to know that your pups are going to good homes and you're able to see their progress occasionally. Thinking of matching mine once he's ready but as of now, he's just utterly playful. Not quite sure if I'll be going to the Malacca dog show. Will definately look out for the Chrisjenn pups if I'm there. All the best for the show!!

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 29, 2002, 9:06 PM

Post #19 of 27 (6390 views)
Shortcut

How old is your cocker? Anyway, come say hi to us if you come to the show, would be great to meet you in person, and your dog if you bring him. How many dogs do you have, is it just one cocker?

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2002, 9:46 PM

Post #20 of 27 (6383 views)
Shortcut

My black little devil is coming 1 years old this Nov. Will drop by if I'm at the show. Thinking of getting a female but my other better half said "NO". That was plan A, so off to Plan B now .. heheWink

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 29, 2002, 9:57 PM

Post #21 of 27 (6381 views)
Shortcut

heheh let me guess, your better half said get a golden retriever ? well, thats what my hubby's intent is if we get another dog!

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2002, 10:15 PM

Post #22 of 27 (6378 views)
Shortcut

Nah.. not a goldie. More like no more dogs!! Some friends do want ECS puppy. So, thought of matching him up and also keeping 1 for myself Wink. They are very adorable creatures indeed especially the look. How to resist?? Crazy. Of coz then again, different dog lovers, different opinions

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 30, 2002, 12:23 AM

Post #23 of 27 (6370 views)
Shortcut

hehehe i know, ECS' are sooo adorable. I would offer stud services with Jupey my male ECS, but feel sorry for Juno if she had to give birth so many times ! Tongue

But if you mate your black with a golden, you get a really cool mix of colors. Apprently you can get practically any color in the litter...

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2002, 12:38 AM

Post #24 of 27 (6369 views)
Shortcut

Any colours??!!! Wow..that's really cool. Any golden ECS owner wanna match their doggy with mine Wink? My ECS' mum is black and the father white....came out all black - litter of 4. But when small he has a speck of white fur near his nose, his chest with some white furs and also his paws. But now, the paws' all black liow. And the white speck is only slightly visible. But still got white furs on his chest. Took some photos. Will upload them soon. Meanwhile u can see his puppy photo in the member's introduction. Cheers.

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 30, 2002, 12:49 AM

Post #25 of 27 (6365 views)
Shortcut

oooh yess do upload some pics...Smile would love to see your cocker... Luckey my new pup was red and white as a kid, and now her feet a bit more like an orange roan... still note sure what color she will turn out, but she looks really pretty nonetheless Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my