Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Is there any dog training class in Sabah?

danielly
Dog Kichi

Oct 7, 2003, 6:58 PM

Post #1 of 12 (5402 views)
Shortcut
Is there any dog training class in Sabah? Can't Post

Hi all!

There's a trainer who is charging RM800 for a 2 month basic training. Is it expensive?

All my dogs know the basic stuff like 'No', sit, down and makan time but having problems with getting them to 'stay'.

Will appreciate some advices from you guys. Thanks!

Patricia

Oct 11, 2003, 7:13 AM

Post #2 of 12 (5393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [danielly] Is there any dog training class in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

Just to share my knowledge with you. This is how you stay your dog. With you dog on your left side, command it to the desired position either sit or down. Then command and signal to stay. To make the stay signal, swing your left palm from the left side of your body in front of your dog's nose without touching it. Step directly in front of your dog. If your dog starts to move, say something eg "Anhhh". If this works, praise your dog. If not, reposition without giving another command and quietly praise when your dog is staying. Remember, dog like to be praised. Therefore, always praise your dog during the training exercise. You have to play with your dog in between training so that your dog will not feel bored.

Hope this is of help to you. Correct me if I'm wrong as me too in the beginning stage of training my dog.

Pat

Kowpa

Oct 11, 2003, 8:14 AM

Post #3 of 12 (5389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Patricia] Is there any dog training class in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

Stepping directly infront of the dog during the stay is inappropriate for the stay u have to walk away from the dog ur back is facing the dog n not ur face facing him so i will walk 3 steps infront to the right in this way my back is facing the dog but i can still havey eyes n him if move i'll quickly reprimand him with very low voice of arrrrrrrrrrr this way my dog will think that i too have eye behind so he wil be move carefull not to move or the earth will open up n swollow him up if he move. I'll still remind him the sit or down cue n praise him for that then i'll give my stay cue again and walk away to the right turn n face him 4 5 count return n praise enthusiastly n release with the OK cue solowly i'l build up the 3 Ds=distance, duration, distraction hope this make sense

Patricia

Oct 11, 2003, 9:07 AM

Post #4 of 12 (5388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowpa] Is there any dog training class in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, agreed with u. I was advised of this by someone. Maybe, I know who you are now.......hee.....hee

Kowpa

Oct 13, 2003, 6:20 AM

Post #5 of 12 (5380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Patricia] Is there any dog training class in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

chek luk lo! u know me! there r many with the same advise like me in this world do ur training at night if yes do be careful! u might hear low nagging voice telling ur dog there's a goooooooood dog!

boon
Doggyman

Oct 13, 2003, 7:21 AM

Post #6 of 12 (5376 views)
Shortcut

what a good girl,

that's a good girl,

clever gal.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Patricia

Oct 13, 2003, 7:21 AM

Post #7 of 12 (5376 views)
Shortcut

Ya, those familiar praising words is already planted in my mind. Anyway, appreciate your advices.

Pat

Patricia

Oct 13, 2003, 7:23 AM

Post #8 of 12 (5375 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Is there any dog training class in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

Bonney's daddy

U got it. What a clever boy.

Pat

Kowpa

Oct 13, 2003, 9:23 AM

Post #9 of 12 (5369 views)
Shortcut

Kia su so CHOW LO

boon
Doggyman

Oct 13, 2003, 4:35 PM

Post #10 of 12 (5366 views)
Shortcut

Sound familiar neh....hahahhahaha

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

danielly
Dog Kichi

Oct 15, 2003, 12:02 AM

Post #11 of 12 (5357 views)
Shortcut

Hi Patricia & Kowpa

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you so much for the tips. I think one of my problems as a beginner is trying to train 3 dogs at one time. Talking about shortcuts! Comet is the smartest but he always gets distracted by other two. Anyway, I found a professional dog trainer but he needs to assess my dog before he can tell me fees.

~danielly~

Kowpa

Oct 15, 2003, 1:11 AM

Post #12 of 12 (5355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [danielly] Is there any dog training class in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

Cheh luk lo how to train 3 at 1 time don't tell me that they do have the same temperament, fitness drive etc... trainers tak bolih cari makan leao

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my