Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Sleep too much?

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Sep 23, 2002, 7:12 PM

Post #1 of 16 (6487 views)
Shortcut
Sleep too much? Can't Post

Munji loves to sleep a lot. I wonder if it's due to her age (3 weeks). She's having 4 meals per day (6 hours interval). She'll only wake up a few minutes before her meal, & when she finished her meal, she'll walk around the house in less than 5 minutes & will go to sleep until her next meal. I brought her to the field to play but she fell asleep there. Is it because she's still young or is it because she's lazy?

May
Old Hand

Sep 23, 2002, 7:55 PM

Post #2 of 16 (6481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cecilia74] Sleep too much? [In reply to] Can't Post

I still remember when my pup is about 5 months old, she will wake up at 6:30am to do her business and play. Then at about 9:00am, she will sleep the whole day until 5:00pm. But now, she's 13 months and she hardly sleep. Only take a nap from 2:30pm to 5:00pm. Most of the time she will play or lie at the main door (to guard the house I guess). At night, she will sleep through the night from 11:30pm until the next morning.

boon
Doggyman

Sep 23, 2002, 8:55 PM

Post #3 of 16 (6479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Sleep too much? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Strange, seldom see my Bonney fall sleep, but once she is ready for Zzzzzzzzzzzz, hehheheh her style is so adorable and cute, guess what, the paws/legs are faced up (like human sleeping style) which is " She Zheo Chow Tian" or Four Legs Face Sky.Blush

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

May
Old Hand

Sep 23, 2002, 9:14 PM

Post #4 of 16 (6477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Sleep too much? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehehehe.....guess what?? My doggie sleeps like that do....that's her favourite post.

(This post was edited by May on Sep 23, 2002, 9:14 PM)

boon
Doggyman

Sep 23, 2002, 9:24 PM

Post #5 of 16 (6474 views)
Shortcut

Hi May,

Em....but is a bit irritationg leh, this will not cover Binney most "secret" place up......em...i guessed u knwo what i mean. She is a little gilr, should't be like that, but she use to do that & i dare not disturb her when she fall sleep.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

May
Old Hand

Sep 23, 2002, 9:50 PM

Post #6 of 16 (6472 views)
Shortcut

Mine is a female too. Usually she likes to take a nap under the sofa and at night she will sleeps near the staircase....so not many ppl gets to see her in the not so 'nice' position.

boon
Doggyman

Sep 23, 2002, 9:53 PM

Post #7 of 16 (6471 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Em...need to get clothes for Bonney, if not, the "not so nice" position will always visible for those who're in the house.Blush

May
Old Hand

Sep 23, 2002, 10:09 PM

Post #8 of 16 (6470 views)
Shortcut

Mine got thick fur....so if I put cloth on her, she will not feel comfortable. Even now without cloth she prefer to sleep with the fan or air-con on. Anyway, the family members are use to her 'not so nice' position, so we don't mind.

boon
Doggyman

Sep 23, 2002, 10:38 PM

Post #9 of 16 (6466 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Personally i also don mind, and sometime even feel she is so adorable, even when she is asleep, also can make me smile :).

May
Old Hand

Sep 23, 2002, 10:41 PM

Post #10 of 16 (6465 views)
Shortcut

Totally agree with you.

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2002, 9:09 AM

Post #11 of 16 (6457 views)
Shortcut

I already got the idea on how to get Munji to exercise. I found that she's very excited when I jump away from her & she'll be chasing me. But, when I walk, she'll sleep. Aiyoh, I really got tired-lah jumping around the house like a vampire Unsure . Furthermore, I got too excited being chased Crazy - my heart will shrink. After I jumped for a while, I also sleep with Munji at the same time already Tongue .

Now, she got her favourite spot to sleep already & hardly shift places during her long hours sleep. She doesn't want to sleep in her dog house nor on any area. She'll go to a shoebox & cry there until I put her in & she'll start sleeping without shifting anywhere until her next meal. I hope this is temporary because of her age as she's fatter by each day Unimpressed .

lisachew

Sep 24, 2002, 4:58 PM

Post #12 of 16 (6455 views)
Shortcut

I think 3 weeks is still very young....and needs lots of sleep.

Maybe you will see the different later.
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

melanie
Enthusiast

Sep 24, 2002, 5:21 PM

Post #13 of 16 (6451 views)
Shortcut

Hehe, pupppy will sleep almost all the time when they are young!

Very adorable and cute to see them fall a sleep in ur armBlush

Just leave them to sleep until they get enough of sleeping and started to wake you up!

My kiddie wake me up every morning 6.30 am without fail! Sometime just feel so 'fan' especially in the weekend where I am lazyTongue

kbs
Enthusiast

Sep 24, 2002, 6:52 PM

Post #14 of 16 (6446 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cecilia,

I think it is normal for a puppy to sleep most of the time..

Snuffy, even till now ( 1 year old) sleeps the entire afternoon and the entire night too..

Regards,

KBS

TohCS
Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2002, 12:23 AM

Post #15 of 16 (6434 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ceciliia,

Not to worry to much Cecilia. Your pup is very young and like new born babies they need all the sleep there is to grow.

My Belle sleeps a lot also when she is younger.
I took her at two months and she sleeps 2 hours wake up to play for 10 mins and go back to sleep for 2 hours. This goes on 24 hr round the clock. Then slowly as she is older (now) she sleeps the entire noon and entire night. She will only play in the morning and evening.

If you worry about her weight, try to find games to play with her ie games that will get her to run . You can throw a few of her kibbles (dog food) on the floor and let her run for it.

Good luck!

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
Love all dogs pure or non pure breed - give them hope!
CALL PAWS 03-78461087 to take a dog home.
SPCA - 03-42535179 to give a dog a chance in life.
====================================
My fur kids....
Coco-Mongrel adopted from PAWs
Kiddo-Mongrel a stray that adopted us
Belle-Beagle -the naughty one :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Sep 25, 2002, 6:09 PM

Post #16 of 16 (6419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TohCS] Sleep too much? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks all. At least I know it's normal.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my