Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
hair under neck and skin problem.

wangwang
Novice

Sep 23, 2002, 6:38 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1170 views)
Shortcut
hair under neck and skin problem. Can't Post

I saw a Pug in the shop yesterday. The pug are 7 months old . And the pug in that shop had a very beautiful hair. And I saw the neck are fully cover with hair.

I had a Pug. 4 months old. But he did not have much hair at the neck. Why? What should I do?

And also he had some skin problem. like pimples all over the body. so I apply some medicine on it. After recover, it seems that hair are hardly grow again. How???

The skin problem can not solve until now. After this place recover, then it will appear at another place. It really trouble me. I had ask vet to come to my house for 2 times. But, still can not solve this problem yet. Anybody please help!!!!!

valery

Sep 25, 2002, 1:02 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wangwang] hair under neck and skin problem. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Might be mosquitoes. Last time I remember my boy also had the same problem and then I discovered mosquitoes biting him. So now, I have the electric mosquito repellent on where he sleeps and when the season (mosquito) is here, I even add mosquito coil (he's in an enclosed area in the porch.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Sep 25, 2002, 7:29 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wangwang] hair under neck and skin problem. [In reply to] Can't Post

High chances that your pug is suffering from Demodex, a type of Mange cause by mite. Demodex normally affect pug which is less than a year of age. I have seen a pug that has Demodex all over his body and have seen the VET for four times and still show no improvement. I helped the owner to solve the Demodex problem by asking to try Tick Wash on the pug and it works. Within the two month, it is back to normal.

In your case, the hair will surely grow back in time to come but you will need to tackle the Demodex problem or else your pug will be suffering from extreme itch and hair will continue to fall. Soon, you will have a hairless PUG Frown.

As they grow older, their immune system will improve and PUG that is more than a year older seldom trouble by Demodex. Please note that these microscopic mite can be found on most pug and so it is just a matter who is taking over the control. In your case, the mite is having a good time.

For your information, PUG is known to have high incident of Mange.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Sep 25, 2002, 7:30 AM)

wangwang
Novice

Sep 28, 2002, 6:49 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1134 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank for your help!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my