Dog Dentistry

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 11, 2001, 5:46 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1915 views)
Shortcut
Dog Dentistry Can't Post

"Dog Dentistry"
"Dental disease in dogs is a common problem that often goes undetected by owners. Dogs owners should pay attention to dental health problems and gum inflammation. Symptoms of dental disease range from the obvious -- bad breath, missing or yellowed teeth, swollen gums -- to much more subtle signs, including weight loss and drooling. Care of teeth may include brushing the teeth with dog-formulated toothpaste, special tooth-cleaning wipes, and chew toys designed to clean teeth as the dog chews. And dogs whose diets include kibble are less likely to have dental problems than dogs fed wet or canned food".

This is a message just received from the net posting on doggy teeth. You will notice that the author said that brushing etc with specially formulated toothpaste etc may be used to eliminate bad breath. If one were to take it seriously, you will be spending a fortune on special tooth brushes for canine and special formulated tooth-paste for dogs.
Please remember, any infos from the net or from doggy related webs, will encourage you to buy this or that from the pet shops, and that is how they make your money!!!
Regards.

May
Old Hand

Sep 4, 2002, 9:40 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Dog Dentistry [In reply to] Can't Post

How could we clean our doggie teeth without using the doggie toothpaste and toothbrush? I noticed my doggie teeth yellowed and I never clean her teeth before. She's 12 months old now.

(This post was edited by May on Sep 4, 2002, 9:42 PM)

ginl
ALPHA

Sep 4, 2002, 11:26 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Dog Dentistry [In reply to] Can't Post

You can give your dog a bone to chew every now and then....it'll help clean off the tartar build up....but pls do under supervision.

May
Old Hand

Sep 4, 2002, 11:39 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Dog Dentistry [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there any other way? Can I wipe her teeth with a piece of cloth dampen with listerine??

ginl
ALPHA

Sep 4, 2002, 11:52 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1886 views)
Shortcut

Eerrrr i don't think listerine is a good idea for dogs...dunno what effect it'll hv on them....u can wipe the teeth with a dampen cloth with water but i dun think the result will be that good....if u hv those hard tartar build up u won't get it out unless u do a scrapping....the doggie toothpaste is expensive....i bought one and it costed $28....but i only use it on one tooth, that's the tooth he doesn't use to chew his bones so for me my toothpaste is cheap coz it's lasting....i suppose if u start wiping his teeth everyday frm now on you'll avoid future build ups....they also hv those raw hide kind of bones with dental care selling at pet shops...maybe u can try those and see...not sure how good those are.

(This post was edited by ginl on Sep 4, 2002, 11:53 PM)

May
Old Hand

Sep 5, 2002, 12:08 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Dog Dentistry [In reply to] Can't Post

By the way, did you know whether Uncle Derrick gave up his champion or not and who's the winner?

ginl
ALPHA

Sep 5, 2002, 12:21 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1880 views)
Shortcut

uumm no i dun think anyone got it right....shd email him if you want to know the answer Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my