Angels' FOSTER Club

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 17, 2003, 11:09 AM

Post #26 of 41 (1843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [naushika, hunter, all] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

hey ppl, i'm sorry... i promised to enquire more about this foster club... but the last time i was in SPCA i was in a rush, so din get the chance to speak to anyone... and i have not been to SPCA for weeks! darn busy! i'll post up the info when i have them, k?

btw, naushika... any update from u regarding the fostering of a puppy since ur last visit to SPCA?

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Carey
Novice

Oct 17, 2003, 4:39 PM

Post #27 of 41 (1838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi , I'm new at here ...just want to ask you all can I just go to SPCA for visit and I"m not intend to adopt for the dogs ? I just want to know the environment inside there + visit the dogs ..

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 18, 2003, 7:14 AM

Post #28 of 41 (1837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carey] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

hi carey,

sure u can go to SPCA even tho u r not intending to adopt. go ahead and visit, am sure the doggies would love to see more visitors! Cool Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

naushika
Novice

Oct 20, 2003, 10:15 AM

Post #29 of 41 (1834 views)
Shortcut

Hi ai_ney

bad news is i dun even get a call from SPCA .... there r only 2 possibilities :

1) either no puppies for foster OR

2) i m not 'qualified' to foster

if they think i m not qualified then too bad for me cos i have tried my best to help

if possible can u ask them on behalf of me regarding my application ? is it oledi rejected or there is just no puppies up for foster?

thanks in advance,

Carey
Novice

Oct 20, 2003, 5:58 PM

Post #30 of 41 (1829 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for replying ! So The SPCA open for everyday ? Normally they open from 9 am to ... ??Unsure

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 21, 2003, 8:06 AM

Post #31 of 41 (1819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [naushika] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

hi naushika,

i have not have the time to go to SPCA for the past weeks and won't be there for the coming weeks too. Why don't u give them a call to enquire about ur application. If it's rejected, ask them the reason. Awaiting to hear from u again here.

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 21, 2003, 8:08 AM

Post #32 of 41 (1818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carey] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Carey,

yes, SPCA Ampang is open everyday, even public holidays, from 9am to 4pm. So make sure u be there by 3.30pm to look around.

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

HLYap
Dog Kichi

Oct 29, 2003, 11:21 PM

Post #33 of 41 (1803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [naushika] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya,

I've just read this thread, n think that foster care is an excellent idea! Particularly since people are more likely to end up getting attached to and adopting the puppies after they've been in their homes for a couple of weeks, especially if they're pushovers like me! Smile A pity that the SPCA is likely not to consider me a fit foster parent, since I live in an apartment and am at work the whole day.

Naushika, perhaps the person at the SPCA said 'students can't adopt' because he/she is concerned about the financial responsibility involved in fostering a pup? It would be terribly presumptuous of him/her to think that way, but there u have it.. Tongue

Ai-Ney, as you know, this would not be the first time I've heard tales about the staff at the SPCA being less than sensitive to prospective adoptors' feelings, and sometimes putting them off adopting altogether. I wonder if they are aware of this? Perhaps you could help by having a gentle word with the person in charge at the SPCA when u happen to be there? I m sure that we all totally understand that they have the dogs' best interests at heart, want to ensure that they have good homes, n have more than enough on their plates, what with so many pooches who need care and attention, but it really wouldn't hurt to be sensitive and civil in tone and manner. The bees and honey theory (you catch more of the former by using the latter). Some people skills / sensitivity training might be a good idea. If the staff just don't have the time to explain adoption procedures to everyone who asks, then maybe a brochure outlining the same in an iinoffensive manner would be helpful? I'd be happy to help the SPCA to produce/edit such a brochure, if they'd welcome my assistance.

BTW, my suggestions are not meant to offend, and I hope that they will be viewed constructively. Personally, I think that anyone who is willing to open their hearts and home to a dog (foster or otherwise) should be given a chance, regardless of their circumstances. Unless, of course, there a glaringly obvious signs that they would be unfit doggy parents. Smile

Regards,

YHL

Regards,
YHL

rebooto
ALPHA

Oct 30, 2003, 9:36 PM

Post #34 of 41 (1797 views)
Shortcut

Well, to me this is really an encouraging moved by the SPCA. I really hope that more people will help out in these campaign.

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

Gees
Novice

Dec 30, 2003, 10:10 PM

Post #35 of 41 (1758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

Agreed. I think tht fostering pups is great and would be easier emotionally than fostering grown doggies. It'd be too sad to foster a grown dog and while he got attached to you u'd be letting him go. It's giving the doggie false hope! Not so much on pups maybe, i don know, maybe the same wht do you think?
G&G

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 30, 2003, 10:32 PM

Post #36 of 41 (1755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gees] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

well, i guess u could adopt him/her if he got too attached to ya....Wink

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

Gees
Novice

Dec 31, 2003, 12:49 AM

Post #37 of 41 (1749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

yea, there really IS good thinking behind the fostering programme, people would tend to get attached to the dog they foster and hence adoption.

I've thought of something else actually: Wht if all the adult dogs who are categorised as having slim chances of being adopted are put for adoption of another kind? I.e. You sponsor a dog of that category and get to take care of its financial needs and comforts but your dog remains at the SPCA/PAWs. I know it is not as ideal as adopting the baby home where love and attention can be given but it's better than nothing, and i think with the right publicity, many people would be interested to do so and it will help to support the shelter as well as promote awareness.

Same concept may apply to teh kittys.

As we know, not everyone is a big dog/ cat fan, and there are people who don want a dog/ cat at home, or cant take care of it, or not allowed to have more than a certain number, or for whatever reason, but still care enough to help.

you guys think it'll work?
G&G

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 31, 2003, 1:14 AM

Post #38 of 41 (1747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gees] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm that we have to ask ai_ney and others...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 31, 2003, 1:15 AM

Post #39 of 41 (1747 views)
Shortcut

yea, there really IS good thinking behind the fostering programme, people would tend to get attached to the dog they foster and hence adoption.

I've thought of something else actually: Wht if all the adult dogs who are categorised as having slim chances of being adopted are put for adoption of another kind? I.e. You sponsor a dog of that category and get to take care of its financial needs and comforts but your dog remains at the SPCA/PAWs. I know it is not as ideal as adopting the baby home where love and attention can be given but it's better than nothing, and i think with the right publicity, many people would be interested to do so and it will help to support the shelter as well as promote awareness.

Same concept may apply to teh kittys.

As we know, not everyone is a big dog/ cat fan, and there are people who don want a dog/ cat at home, or cant take care of it, or not allowed to have more than a certain number, or for whatever reason, but still care enough to help.

you guys think it'll work?
G&G

what do u think??

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 31, 2003, 8:13 AM

Post #40 of 41 (1740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto, Gees] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

hi hi there...

sponsoring an animal would mean that help is given via financial aid but the dog or cat will need to remain in SPCA...

this is not the first time a suggestion of this sort is thought of actually... however, this is not feasible as space is a big concern for SPCA... every week, hundreds of pups, dogs, kittens and cats are brought into and surrendered to SPCA... and the number of successful adoption is, sadly, only a very small percentage of that... and this is also the reason why SPCA has to put the animals to sleep because space is really a huge issue as i can see it...

as for PAWS, we'll need to find out if they are open to this kind of sponsorship idea, but i would think the answer is the same...

Unimpressed
Sookie's Photo Gallery

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 31, 2003, 8:43 AM

Post #41 of 41 (1736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney, Gees] Angels' FOSTER Club [In reply to] Can't Post

yep...what ai_ney said is very true...i've went to both of the place and space is really a concern....too much dog and cat are stuff into a place...

so the idea is not feasible...i guess

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my