Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Worms in Dog:
How to prevent worm?

nickcaren

Sep 30, 2003, 7:07 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1944 views)
Shortcut
How to prevent worm? Can't Post

Hie all,

I have a puppy where her stomach keeps bloated every two weeks. Its worms n its eggs. Took her to vet and deworm her.

Is it normal for a puppy to have worms so often? I did not let her wander in the house nor do I let her outdoors.

How do I prevent her from getting worms / eggs? Is there anything I can buy outside for deworming other than going to the vet? Or is there anything to keep her from a bloated stomach? Frown

Please help!

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 8:57 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickcaren] How to prevent worm? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ...

Is this the same puppy with the Coccidia infection? ... If so, the puppy just came back from the vet after a serious infection and is still recovering ... I would suspect that she is still quiet weak ... and will take time to recover ...

Right now your pup needs to build up its strength and vitality ... give good food & allow it to rest ... give good and sensible love ...

Be a little patient ... follow the vet's instructions ... give your deworming medication ...

With a doggie in a weakened condition - it's very hard for forum members to give suggestions ... too many unknowns ... If you have worries ... take the doggie back to the vet for consultation ...

If you are not happy with vet - then find one who is prepared to answer your questions ...

Cheers Smile

nickcaren

Sep 30, 2003, 9:19 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] How to prevent worm? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your advice!

Yes its the same puppy. We almost took her to the vet every day after seeing any minor issues or suspects. Gave her nice food daily and spends time with her daily after work until she sleeps at night...as she's now not able to see yet, I m worried, she may be scared of the surroundings and all...

Rite, will see how she goes after taking medicine from the vet then!!

Thanks again! Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 9:30 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1934 views)
Shortcut

Hello ...

You wrote: " ... as she's now not able to see yet, I m worried, she may be scared of the surroundings and all ..."

What do you mean ... "not able to see"?

When you are at work? Who is with the doggie?

Cheers Smile

nickcaren

Sep 30, 2003, 10:28 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] How to prevent worm? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ohh, details of her eye can be found in another thread "Help, Puppy having fits".

As for taking care of the puppy, my gf's bro n mum is always at home and they love dogs too. They are the ones taking care of the pup when we are working. They care for the meals (ensure the pup had her meals on schedule daily), her poops (immediately clean up when she poops, coz she cant see now afraid she steps on it) and to observe for any irregular behaviour or activity.

The cage is in the living room and they are always there, so I am not worried about the pup when I am not there. Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 10:47 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1927 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Read the other posting re:eyes ...

Yes ... good idea to just let the doggie rest for a while ... and regain strength before trying anything new ... Smile ... Just give good food & plenty of clean (filtered & boiled) water ... Freshly prepared food (chop into small pieces) mixed with puppy kibble is good idea ... Take is slow.

Good luck

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my