Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
do mongrel and mixed breed dogs need vaccine?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 5:41 AM

Post #1 of 21 (2429 views)
Shortcut
do mongrel and mixed breed dogs need vaccine? Can't Post

i own a mixed breed puppy and i plan to give him a vaccine as soon as possible. But most of my friend said that mongrel dog do not need any vaccine. is that true?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Concorn
ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 5:47 AM

Post #2 of 21 (2427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] do mongrel and mixed breed dogs need vaccine? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda,

I thought all puppies need to b vaccined.. It's more healthier for them.. No matter its pedigree or mix breed they r also 'dogs'.

How big is ur dog?

concorn Smile

*Coco & Concorn*

** If It's Yours it happen to be Mine, But What Is Mine Is always Be Mine - Coco's Motto**

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 5:55 AM

Post #3 of 21 (2426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Concorn] do mongrel and mixed breed dogs need vaccine? [In reply to] Can't Post

i am not really sure its exact age. but i think is about 4 months.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 6:55 AM

Post #4 of 21 (2419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] do mongrel and mixed breed dogs need vaccine? [In reply to] Can't Post

all dogs, no matter it's a mongrel or not, need to vaccinated.

although, mongrels are said to be hardy, they too need to be protected from any form of illness. Prevention is always better than cure..

better take your pup to the vet....Smile

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 8:10 AM

Post #5 of 21 (2417 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

pure breeds need food, water and shelter... so does mixed breeds, pure breeds need love and care... so does mixed breeds... so if pure breeds are getting vaccinations... don't u think mixed breeds need them too? Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

JolinG
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 8:15 AM

Post #6 of 21 (2414 views)
Shortcut

of cos they need......protect from disease like parvo virus......kidney n stuff....

their all doggies..and they have doggy diseases too!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 9:13 AM

Post #7 of 21 (2411 views)
Shortcut

hello there Smile

yea..they still need their vaccinations.

The reason why ur friend probably said that is because mongrels and mix breds are hardier/stronger (in general) than pure breds.

Like, Ai Ney said..they're all dogs..no matter pure or mix..dogs need their vaccinations Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #8 of 21 (2403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] do mongrel and mixed breed dogs need vaccine? [In reply to] Can't Post

how much is the vaccine price? i think i have to prepar enuf money for it.

Pacco de Mongrel

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 7:29 PM

Post #9 of 21 (2401 views)
Shortcut

It depends what type of vaccination and which vet u get it from.

If you get it from a government vet, I think it's a standard price of RM 40..or was it RM 20? well, I remembered it was less than RM 50 anyways..much cheaper than the private vets.

For private vets, depending on the type of vaccination...the price ranges..up to RM 100+ ..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 9:04 PM

Post #10 of 21 (2398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] do mongrel and mixed breed dogs need vaccine? [In reply to] Can't Post

i face trouble to bring my dog to a vet because i doesn't own a car and daddy is always busy. I know that private vet will come to my house if i pay them more but do you think goverment vet will come to my house if i ask them?

Pacco de Mongrel

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 1, 2003, 12:18 AM

Post #11 of 21 (2393 views)
Shortcut

pure breeds today are actually mixed breed...........they still need vaccination rite? Smile Private vets will do house calls but so far I've not come across any government vets who provide house calls..

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2003, 7:44 AM

Post #12 of 21 (2391 views)
Shortcut

hi there Smile

no..don't think the gov vet will come.. =(

u'll hv to pay the private vet if transport's the problem..

just out of curiousity...how old are ya? Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2003, 7:18 PM

Post #13 of 21 (2381 views)
Shortcut

i'm 18. Why? too old or too young?

Pacco de Mongrel

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 5:01 AM

Post #14 of 21 (2373 views)
Shortcut

lolLaugh

nah.....not too old or too youngSmile

just thought u might be the same age i am...since u mentioned u had no car..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 6:08 PM

Post #15 of 21 (2364 views)
Shortcut

you also same age as me ah. then where did you study?

maybe we are in the same college!!

i'm in taylor

Pacco de Mongrel

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2003, 12:40 AM

Post #16 of 21 (2359 views)
Shortcut

LOL! Laugh

no lar...not same. I said i thought u might be the same age.

I'm 15 Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2003, 5:05 AM

Post #17 of 21 (2355 views)
Shortcut

then next week PMR still want to online?!

Pacco de Mongrel

Concorn
ALPHA

Oct 3, 2003, 5:55 AM

Post #18 of 21 (2354 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amanda,

Listen to most of us.. vaccine all doggy.. it's good for them and u too. heheheWink Well, 4 mths is still very small... can b very dangerous!!Crazy

concornSmile

*Coco & Concorn*

** If It's Yours it happen to be Mine, But What Is Mine Is always Be Mine - Coco's Motto**

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2003, 8:57 AM

Post #19 of 21 (2350 views)
Shortcut

LOL

how'd u know? u hv 15 yr old friends too? Laugh

an hour a day won't kill..... Tongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2003, 2:31 AM

Post #20 of 21 (2342 views)
Shortcut

hello....... have u vaccinated ur dogs?????Smile

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 4, 2003, 9:20 PM

Post #21 of 21 (2336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BaoBao] do mongrel and mixed breed dogs need vaccine? [In reply to] Can't Post

i have a dog and a puppy. the dog ofcoz vaccined already but the puppy haven't yet.

Pacco de Mongrel

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my